Speculation: Roster Building Thread VII (2021 Offseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yzerman created almost the perfect comparable deal to the one he is trying to get for Larkin. McDonagh + Miller for Hajek + Howden + Namestnikov + 1st

TB wouldn’t give up Sergachev, Point, Cirelli, Foote. Their best young players were off the table. That’s what the Rangers need to do.

Larkin is two years from UFA, McDonagh was dealt at the deadline with another year to play. That means guys like Barron, Jones, Robertson. Not Lundkvist, Kravtsov.
Not entirely accurate. At the time Howden was above Cirelli on their depth chart, and we demanded Hajek he was billed as a cant miss D. He showed glimpses before his injury, but of scouts wholly shit the bed. If we come out of that trade with Cirelli or Cernak or colton instead of howden or Hajek and still draft nils, things look a lot different.
Hell, if the win the cup 1 year earlier, we also wind up with another first rd pick

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
This. I mean if we are moving for a center one of Zibanejad, Strome or Chytil needs to be moved out. I'd rather see us moving for a decent 2nd line center, move out Strome and take our chances with Mika. Or, you move Strome and promote Chytil and acquire a good #3.

I won’t be shocked if Zib is extended and gets the C

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I see Kravtsov, Jones and 15th for Larkin and Rangers 2nd (previously sent to Detroit with Mark Staal) as a reasonable deal.

Any takers?
Can’t imagine DRW doing that. I’d love that trade assuming Strome is moved in a separate deal to open up some cap space.

Strome to MIN or VGK for their late firsts?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We won't be moving either Nils or Schneider until we see what each of them can do in a Ranger jersey unless its for something really substantial. I really think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed when we show up with a top 9 consisting of our own players and basically the same d + Lundkvist and maybe a sizeable bottom pair d.
Yup...not going to be much change this first half of the season . They might add some grit/sandpaper albeit if it is low cost . It is easy to say get this guy and that guy but they have to figure out what happens in 2 years time when Larkin-Mika-Panarin- Kreider-Laf-KK-Kravs all are chewing up large parts of the payroll and you still need 5-6 more forwards including two centers and also add in Trouba -Fox -Schneider/Nils and Miller-Lindgren and a plug plus 2 goalies all under the current cap number . Most of the guys[excluding Fox] above currently on ELC deals will likely average 3 + million per new deal and maybe more depending on their success here . It's not easy adding high end talent especially when the cost of a new deal for them is not going to be cheap. Those 5-6 extra forwards needed will likely average out at 1.6 Million per. Rough and likely low amounts....

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I see Kravtsov, Jones and 15th for Larkin and Rangers 2nd (previously sent to Detroit with Mark Staal) as a reasonable deal.

Any takers?
Kravtsov and Jones makes more sense than Nils and an equivalent forward

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Chytil, Jones, Gauthier and #15 for Larkin plus NYR second rounder back to NYC
Buch and something else smaller to Vegas for a young center (Glass?), Reaves and their 1st rounder
Howden + for Giordono
Hajek for MacDermid plus
Blackwell to Seattle in expansion draft
Georgiev to Edmonton for Khaira +
Sign Goodrow and a good vet Keeper
I would like to do a Strome for Kadri switch too, but not sure Joe would…
Go. To. War.

And likeI said yesterday, someone I know that should know doubts that Larkin is actually available. But we will see…

Reactions: egelband and Ola

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
When a person here demonstrates that they cannot even understand what the word "vetted" means, let alone the arrogance and rudeness that sometimes follows in the wake of these short conversations, it should tell you that that person can simply be placed on ignore because their reading comprehension and discourse will offer absolutely nothing of substance to the board but clog and fodder

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Rangers are going to speed up for as long as they have Panarin under contract, right or wrong it’s what they are going to do

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Strome to Minnesota for Hartman + 2nd

Buchnevich to Cbus for Jenner, Gavrikov +

Sign Danault

Panarin - Danault - Kravtsov (Blackwell)
Laf - Zib - KK
Kreider - Chytil - Jenner (takes key faceoffs)
Howden/Barron - Rooney - Hartman
Lindgren - Fox
Miller - Trouba
Gavrikov - Lundkvist
Shesty
Georgie

Gavrikov + Hartman combined is 4.5M which is Strome’s current cap hit. Jenner is expiring, and if he fits he can be brought back as 4C for cheaper than he currently makes. In the meantime he can PK, take key face offs and insulate kids like Chytil and Barron while we wait for them to be ready to slide up the lineup. Gavrikov has 2 years remaining so at worst he fills in until Robertson is ready and then is flipped at the TDL in his final year. He’s also a good, gritty defenseman.

Makes the team much harder to play against: Danault, Jenner, Hartman, Gavrikov is a big injection of grit, heart and good defensive play. Meanwhile it keeps ALL the kids and doesn’t block anyone but gives them insulation to marinate a bit longer. Danault will be cheaper to lock up than a Strome or Buch extension.

Only assets out are Buch who we can’t afford to keep and Strome, who we can’t really afford to extend. Still have LOADED cupboards with Laf, KK, Krav, Nils, Chytil, Jones, Schneider, Robertson, Miller and our picks if we want to make a future deal that is a big splash.

Reactions: Ola

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
When a person here demonstrates that they cannot even understand what the word "vetted" means, let alone the arrogance and rudeness that sometimes follows in the wake of these short conversations, it should tell you that that person can simply be placed on ignore because their reading comprehension and discourse will offer absolutely nothing of substance to the board but clog and fodder
>I'm more knowledgeable
>I'm more smart
>other opinions outside my own are wrong

Since when did this place turn into r/Hockey?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Why does that matter? I'd rather have the second best center in the league (say, MacKinnon) than the second best RD in the league (Still someone really good like Makar, Fox etc.)

Pretty sure a team like Toronto would love to have the 2nd best RD in the league right now. You still missed the point. Ranger fans are including Nils because we have Fox and Trouba. They are okay with getting less value because we have Fox and Trouba. You dont sell at a lower cost because you have other capable players. If we were getting full value sure but while I like Larkin I am not in the mindset of get at any cost. If it was Mackinnon sure go ahead and move Nils but eh. Larkin isn't that player for me. Think Stevie Y is winning that trade valuewise....again.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Pretty sure a team like Toronto would love to have the 2nd best RD in the league right now. You still missed the point. Ranger fans are including Nils because we have Fox and Trouba. They are okay with getting less value because we have Fox and Trouba. You dont sell at a lower cost because you have other capable players. If we were getting full value sure but while I like Larkin I am not in the mindset of get at any cost. If it was Mackinnon sure go ahead and move Nils but eh. Larkin isn't that player for me. Think Stevie Y is winning that trade valuewise....again.

This is back to thing with people severely overrating Nils Lundkvist. Here's a very good prospect. For years he's been treated around here like he's a Rasmus Dahlin level prospect and untradeable other than for the very best. Having him as part of a trade for someone like Dylan Larkin who is a borderline 1C who can score 20+ goals, 60+ points, and play strong defense is perfectly fine. He plays a position we are very strong at will have two guys locked in to for a long time. It makes perfect sense to consider swapping him for something we need more given the PP1 spot, LD1, and L2 spot are all fixed long term.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The idea that there's no chance that Larkin will be traded is bullshit. If a Gretzky can be traded pretty much anyone can. It's a matter of meeting the price/cost.

The Rangers as well could certainly upgrade at center. A player like Eichel will cost a bit more than Larkin and an Eichel would come with question marks and a major major cap hit.

I think Nils Lundkvist is our best prospect currently. I'd rank him above Kravtsov. Nils has a legit shot at being a #1 D for some NHL team in the future but the likelihood of that happening on the Rangers with Fox here is remote. That said Schneider is also close and fits the profile of what a competitive winning defense corps looks like better than Lundkvist. We can afford to move Nils if we have to to fill a need and if we can get a player we really like. We're dealing from excess here.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
>I'm more knowledgeable
>I'm more smart
>other opinions outside my own are wrong

Since when did this place turn into r/Hockey?
Tell me what you think "vetted" means

You do know that people who post unsubstantiated rumors get their posts deleted by the mods, right?

Reactions: Do you want ants
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad