Speculation: Roster Building Thread VII (2021 Offseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Doesn't seem to be the case whatsoever with all this Larkin and Detroit nonsense ....

These aren't "opinions" that are getting floated around either. These are people with legit sources within the organization or around the league.

You don't have to endorse the move(s) that are being mentioned, but this isn't just nonsense being thrown around.

And like everything else, it is possible none of it happens, deals do fall apart or other negotiations break off from it. We've seen it with Gauthier and Keane after the Skjei trade. I'm sure there were talks around Trouba with Winnipeg before Hayes was moved there at the deadline where they would be swapped for one another.

So to just miff the talks here from people with actual insight into these things and then on top of that to double and triple down on it after numerous people tell you to knock it off, I don't know what else to tell you.

Nobody is treating it as gospel. Nobody is saying you can't dislike the direction of the discussions. All everyone is saying is to relax and enjoy that we have any additional insight into what the plan is for this offseason, one that many believe, as do I, could shape how this team is built and if they will contend shortly.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
The hell is going on with this thread lately

2015-02-05-trollersTroll-thumb.jpg

Reactions: NYRangers16

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ

These aren't "opinions" that are getting floated around either. These are people with legit sources within the organization or around the league.

You don't have to endorse the move(s) that are being mentioned, but this isn't just nonsense being thrown around.

And like everything else, it is possible none of it happens, deals do fall apart or other negotiations break off from it. We've seen it with Gauthier and Keane after the Skjei trade. I'm sure there were talks around Trouba with Winnipeg before Hayes was moved there at the deadline where they would be swapped for one another.

So to just miff the talks here from people with actual insight into these things and then on top of that to double and triple down on it after numerous people tell you to knock it off, I don't know what else to tell you.

Nobody is treating it as gospel. Nobody is saying you can't dislike the direction of the discussions. All everyone is saying is to relax and enjoy that we have any additional insight into what the plan is for this offseason, one that many believe, as do I, could shape how this team is built and if they will contend shortly.

Well said.....after all this is where Larry gets his ideas

Reactions: jay from jersey

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Edge has been here for years. Before I was here. He has very very often proved himself prescient to something that was going to happen. Does that mean Larkin to the Rangers is going to go down? That's a maybe and I think he's made the point that Detroit moving Larkin may be dependent on their making another move. That the Rangers have had interest in Larkin is a given though going back to his draft year. That the Rangers could use help at center is another given. That they have excess at certain positions of very attractive prospects is a fact. That Eichel isn't the only fish in the sea is another fact.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Edge has been here for years. Before I was here. He has very very often proved himself prescient to something that was going to happen. Does that mean Larkin to the Rangers is going to go down? That's a maybe and I think he's made the point that Detroit moving Larkin may be dependent on their making another move. That the Rangers have had interest in Larkin is a given though going back to his draft year. That the Rangers could use help at center is another given. That they have excess at certain positions of very attractive prospects is a fact. That Eichel isn't the only fish in the sea is another fact.

Before the draft last year, Edge said Calgary and the Rangers were talking a potential Buchnevich trade. While that ultimately didn't happen, the two teams did make a draft pick swap trade on draft day. It stands to reason that through conversation of other potential deals, a solid rapport between the GMs was made in the process. Hence a last second draft pick swap which got us Schneider. I'd say Edge was indirectly correct there. When he says Detroit and Rangers are talking, it might not even be Larkin in the end, but there may be something else that pops up from those conversations.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
This is back to thing with people severely overrating Nils Lundkvist. Here's a very good prospect. For years he's been treated around here like he's a Rasmus Dahlin level prospect and untradeable other than for the very best. Having him as part of a trade for someone like Dylan Larkin who is a borderline 1C who can score 20+ goals, 60+ points, and play strong defense is perfectly fine. He plays a position we are very strong at will have two guys locked in to for a long time. It makes perfect sense to consider swapping him for something we need more given the PP1 spot, LD1, and L2 spot are all fixed long term.

You definitely make a valid point. He is similar to Fox but definitely Fox lite. If you do not have someone like him on the blue line — bingo. All teams can afford to carry one guy like that.

We needed Fox on the ice to play good hockey last year and adding another D like that definitely has it advantages. OTOH can adding some grit in Schneider also make sense (albeit I am far from sold on that Schneider is NHL ready of the bat, could definitely need some time to adjust to the pro game). Think Dobson is a good comparison, but Dobson is a bit lighter and moves a little more fluidly and still needed a bit more time.

I think that maybe it makes the most sense to keep Lundkvist and let Schneider start in the AHL. Take it from there. Lundkvist should have a lot to learn from Fox and with a good showing it would up his value. Not afraid that his value will go down.

But like you say, I don’t think Lundkvist had “franchise” potential and sometimes it sound like that. He can be a top guy but not necessarily someone that gives you an edge in a top 1-3 position, but matches the guy on the other side. Valuable? Definitely. Untouchable? Nope.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Could Dallas use Strome? It always seems like they could use more offense, specifically from the center position.

Roope Hintz is a fantastic player who was PPG despite playing the entire season with a serious groin injury that requires surgery, and they had Seguin out until late last season after hip and knee surgeries. They are set at C with Seguin - Hintz - Faksa.

Hintz would be the perfect target for the Rangers if there was any possibility at all they might pry him away from Dallas, but I reckon that chance is zero.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm not a Prospect Hugging fan and many on this board aren't. It's not the time to make ridiculous trades.

I get that at some point you have to trade prospects. But when you have really high end prospects and you have a real coach for the first time in three years, it's not the time to go all in. This team is at least 2-3 years away from prime time. Let's get to the dance first and see who rises to the occasion. Who steps it up. I'm not convinced any of Mika/Buch/Strome are going to be around when this team does anything super. All come up small in big moments. Kreider they're stuck with, Blackwell was a top 6er only by coach Dumbo, and the rest are all developing.

It might be the right thing to do to just let Mika walk. You're signing him to an extension out of fear of the unknown which is why they're stuck with Kreider now. He's done some awesome individual things but he's not Mark Messier.

It's the same thing I've been having with @Mac n Gs Dylan Larkin? He's good but what the hell has he done in this league other than a few good individual seasons? If you can sit here and tell me the Rangers are going to contend with Larkin as a top two center...fine but I don't see it. The cost is not worth it.
Well, I’m happy that you’re admitting he’s good now ;) :laugh:

I think there’s something to be said for Larkin consistently working his tail off even when it’s a futile situation in Detroit. He’s not going carry the entire organization by himself, but we have the higher-end wingers and better supporting cast to help him get back to that 70-point tier.

At the end of the day, we can agree to disagree on it. I’m more than happy keeping Nils and using 15 to take one of Pinelli or Svechkov. I don’t even think this team needs *that * much outside of a two-way upgrade on Strome and a veteran defensive dman for the 3rd pair

Reactions: Cag29

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Could Dallas use Strome? It always seems like they could use more offense, specifically from the center position.

With Seguin back and Hintz showing himself to be a top 6 guy, they'd probably not have much interest. They have to re-sign Heiskanen. Dellandrea can also play center, so can Pavelski. Faksa is also a piece down the middle for them.

They'd probably add a winger before adding a center.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Go to the Cap charts for our 23-24 season[two years away] and start adding and filling in roster spots and some of you are going to find that many of the lines projected in the last 20 pages are about 10 +million over the cap . Larkin is getting a new deal that season and Mika is one year into his new deal if he is still around and if gone that is a whole new ballgame + we still have some ELC's to clean up and Fox and Miller new deals as well as Shesty . Start calculating and see where you all end up. Plus Kreider is still under his NMC and Trouba still 2 years away from having any flex. It won't be easy for Drury and gets even harder if he starts giving away 3 kids /picks for one guy . Is the cap going to be at 90 Million by then ????

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Strome for Minny 1st and Hartman
Larkin for Kravtsov, 15, Georgiev and Hajek
McNabb for 3rd round pick

Panarin-Larkin-Kakko
Lafraniere-Zibanejad-Coleman
Kreider-Chytil-Hartman
Nosek-Barron/Rooney-Gauthier
Rooney/Barron

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
McNabb-Nils
Bietto

Shesty/Kinkaid

25M for the following season for Zib/Fox/Kakko, Jones replaces McNabb ideally or Robertson to save almost 1.75M there
36M for the following year (before Kakko, Zib, Fox deals) for Lafraniere/Miller/Larkin

Who says no?

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I honestly dont think Buffalo trades Eichel to us unless its an absolute overpayment. Think about it, would we trade Panarin to Buffalo for a basic package or sent him to somewhere we wouldn't have to worry about playing him. I see everyone pointing him in this direction and i realize he has a ntc but they don't even have to trade him so he will have to go somewhere they are willing to send him

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Roope Hintz is a fantastic player who was PPG despite playing the entire season with a serious groin injury that requires surgery, and they had Seguin out until late last season after hip and knee surgeries. They are set at C with Seguin - Hintz - Faksa.

Hintz would be the perfect target for the Rangers if there was any possibility at all they might pry him away from Dallas, but I reckon that chance is zero.

the perfect target would be hints from 2 years ago before he busted out and made himself untouchable…hard part is identifying who that guy is

Reactions: CLW

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Strome for Minny 1st and Hartman
Larkin for Kravtsov, 15, Georgiev and Hajek
McNabb for 3rd round pick

Panarin-Larkin-Kakko
Lafraniere-Zibanejad-Coleman
Kreider-Chytil-Hartman
Nosek-Barron/Rooney-Gauthier
Rooney/Barron

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
McNabb-Nils
Bietto

Shesty/Kinkaid

25M for the following season for Zib/Fox/Kakko, Jones replaces McNabb ideally or Robertson to save almost 1.75M there
36M for the following year (before Kakko, Zib, Fox deals) for Lafraniere/Miller/Larkin

Who says no?

Me. Mcnabb is a f***ing p***y ass piece of shit motherf***ing prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad