Speculation: Roster Building Thread VII (2019/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
To be honest, I thought that the first round pick was a bit of a reach. I had him pegged as a second rounder. His attributes make him the perfect modern day 3rd line center. Would have loved for him to be the second round choice for NYR, but Boston reached for him in the first.
Maybe the price for Kreider at the deadline will be Beecher and a 1st?

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn

shouldn’t Kravstov get evaluated at C too? Why should Chytil have the inside track on anybody anymore?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

shouldn’t Kravstov get evaluated at C too? Why should Chytil have the inside track on anybody anymore?

Well, because Chytil’s played center most of his life and he feels more comfortable there, where that isn’t true for Kravtsov. Also worth noting that Chytil has played really well the past 2 games

Reactions: Cag29

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Well, because Chytil’s played center most of his life and he feels more comfortable there, where that isn’t true for Kravtsov. Also worth noting that Chytil has played really well the past 2 games
Ok, but Chytil was given the opportunity on a silver platter and he whiffed. Lets up it up. Kravstov played C before. If Chytil cant hold up to the kind of competition that Kravstov could provide, he shouldn't get the spot.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, but Chytil was given the opportunity on a silver platter and he whiffed. Lets up it up. Kravstov played C before. If Chytil cant hold up to the kind of competition that Kravstov could provide, he shouldn't get the spot.

As of right now Kravtsov is providing nothing but doubt. Let's wait until he hopefully performs in the AHL.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Chytil is a Center and Kravtsov is a W which is why in the AHL Chytil is playing C and Kravtsov is playing W. Not really complicated.
lol the guy who played W last season and who couldn't nail down C this preseason is a C and not a W. Ok, seems clear cut to me.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
lol the guy who played W last season and who couldn't nail down C this preseason is a C and not a W. Ok, seems clear cut to me.

Yes the prospect who was drafted as a center is expected to be a center and the prospect who was drafted as a wing is expected to be wing. Are you purposely acting dumb or are you just incompetent?

Whether or not he will be that in the NHL remains to be seen but that has obviously been his expectation and history.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Yes the prospect who was drafted as a center is expected to be a center and the prospect who was drafted as a wing is expected to be wing. Are you purposely acting dumb or are you just incompetent?

Whether or not he will be that in the NHL remains to be seen but that has obviously been his expectation and history.
Don’t put words in my mouth to make your point. I didn’t say he was expected to be a W. He was and in fact is expected to be a C. But where is he? In Hartford learning how to C.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Sorry he’s not on your schedule I guess

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Would love for chytl to be a top 6 center but nothing I have seen so far of him says that. He is a winger

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think this is a great post, I have nothing against strome I think he is a solid third line winger. The only reason he is centering the second line is because we don’t have a #2 center, at least not yet. Lias should be given the opportunity there now because we need to see him play with better linemates. Here is how I would put the lines together for the next game:
Panarin-zib-buch
Kreider-Lias-kakko
Lemme-howden-strome
Smith-McKegg-fast

I think the 2nd line center comes in via a trade. Or pure luck with Byfeld.

One of those options is more likely than the other.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think the 2nd line center comes in via a trade. Or pure luck with Byfeld.

One of those options is more likely than the other.

I am starting to think the lack of anything resembling a shutdown defensive pairing is a bigger problem than the 2C right now. Both will loom large as the season progresses.

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I am starting to think the lack of anything resembling a shutdown defensive pairing is a bigger problem than the 2C right now. Both will loom large as the season progresses.
Not really crazy watching our top offensive forward unit also being our # 1 checking line....like we watched yesterday when they went against the Oiler star duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad