Speculation: Roster Building Thread VI (2021 Offseason) - Nobody fickles, under Coach “lookalike to Don Rickles”!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Looking at the Rangers, I could see trading Miller as a good option.

I think he is a great young Dman, But should have a shit load of value

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
So I keep seeing people mention these high end 4th line players that will be in demand around the league but we've also seen a lot of the same people in the past saying you can't spend a lot of money on your 4th line. A lot of the guys being mentioned are going to get paid significantly. I think we are fooling ourselves thinking this is the only team looking for those players. Just think people need to be prepared for the contracts that will come if you're chasing the impact 4th line players we all want bc other teams will want them as well...

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Nosek is a 3rd line quality player at even strength, so I don't know if he'd be stuck on the 4th for long.

6"2 205, plays harder, can chip in points and I assume has some center experience or he takes alot of face offs? career 52%, ideal fit for our bottom six, should be pretty cheap too. He is making 1.25M per this season so even a raise prob wont be horrible

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So I keep seeing people mention these high end 4th line players that will be in demand around the league but we've also seen a lot of the same people in the past saying you can't spend a lot of money on your 4th line. A lot of the guys being mentioned are going to get paid significantly. I think we are fooling ourselves thinking this is the only team looking for those players. Just think people need to be prepared for the contracts that will come if you're chasing the impact 4th line players we all want bc other teams will want them as well...

The good news is there are quite a few of them out there that would help and maybe even more via trade (expansion problems for teams?)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nosek and Goodrow on the 4th line with Rooney would be one of the best 4th lines in the league. Also 3 prime PKers. All 3 can play center as well. Not sure what that would cost but Rooney makes nothing so if they slightly overpay for the other two it may even out. They’re probably fine if the average salary on their 4th line is about $1.5-1.7m
But that basically a 3rd line and you're going to be paying as such. It would cost probably 6m for both and that's not at all insignificant with the limited time they would get.

I mean, Goodrow isn't even on Tampa's 4th line and they have an Olympics roster. He's just not a 4th liner.

I would absolutely sign Goodrow to play with Panarin and Strome.

Reactions: NYR Viper

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
But that basically a 3rd line and you're going to be paying as such. It would cost probably 6m for both and that's not at all insignificant with the limited time they would get.

I mean, Goodrow isn't even on Tampa's 4th line and they have an Olympics roster. He's just not a 4th liner.

I would absolutely sign Goodrow to play with Panarin and Strome.

I mean Killorn is better but isn't he on a wing in Tampa's top 6? Everyone looks at lines and can say "this guy isn't a top sixer" but if he performs with the players there who cares? However we need Kakko, Kravtsov, Lafraniere to get significant time so tough

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The good news is there are quite a few of them out there that would help and maybe even more via trade (expansion problems for teams?)
I mean expansion wise if they are being traded bc they can't be protected than they won't be protected here, unless I'm missing your point regarding expansion.

As for there being a lot in ufa that may be true, but my point is simply that if you want the elite ones you're going to have to pay. If you're not willing to pay and invest than we will be looking at more Kevin Rooney types, and I thought Rooney played his role quite well

Reactions: LaffyTaffyNYR

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I brought up McNabb a while ago, love the fit and think he'd be a perfect addition. The history with Gallant only makes it better.

Drury so far playing things slowly but making pretty 'objectively' good moves. One thing about Gorton is that for all his patience, he was a lot bolder than most GMs when it came to making a big splash--especially in a trade--and I hope Drury can have that same surehandedness. It may not be feasible but I really don't want to see Strome on this team past the deadline this year.

Reactions: bernmeister

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I mean expansion wise if they are being traded bc they can't be protected than they won't be protected here, unless I'm missing your point regarding expansion.

As for there being a lot in ufa that may be true, but my point is simply that if you want the elite ones you're going to have to pay. If you're not willing to pay and invest than we will be looking at more Kevin Rooney types, and I thought Rooney played his role quite well

Rooney can chip in points, play the PK, win face offs, he's an ideal 4th line center honestly I dont really have an issue if he's the 4C, just find some better guys than Howden to play with him. Hell I'd even take another risk with Gauthier honestly especially with Gallant.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean Killorn is better but isn't he on a wing in Tampa's top 6? Everyone looks at lines and can say "this guy isn't a top sixer" but if he performs with the players there who cares? However we need Kakko, Kravtsov, Lafraniere to get significant time so tough
Goodrow's agent has a foolproof argument that his client isn't a 4th liner. That's all that really matters if you're going to enter negotiations with him.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
He gets that minimum.

And like I said, I would be interested in putting him in the Fast role.

He wouldn't come here to play on our 4th line lol. He has a choice.

He def feels like the kind of player you can move up and down in a pinch and still chip in points. Its an ideal target with our needs but I agree if we're gonna put him on the 4th line only not worth it.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
You guys are underselling the chance that Morgan Barron develops into just the kind of bottom 6 power forward we’ve been waiting for.

If Brad Isbister can power his way to 15 goals a season so can Barron

I think he should play in the bottom six.. right now (of who we have), Chytil (3C but maybe should be higher), Kreider (Panarin/Laf), Kravtsov (unless Buch is moved) and one of Barron/Rooney should be part of the bottom six. bring in 2 guys with physicality and size who can also play ideally and also the 3rd pairing LHD for Nils and lets roll. If we can make a top 6 center move as well even better.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
If we - which is basically highly expected - bring in 3 guys like Reaves, Goodrow and MacDermid for lower line/depth duty, we are still very likely with the new managements approach going to need 1-2 more sandpaper pieces further up on the food chain. This is where it IMO gets interesting
I’d like to see 2 more sandpaper pieces added to those 3. Tommy Boy, Morin, Frederic, & Martin won’t be running wild as much.

Reactions: BBKers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad