Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Great passing and facilitating is not really vanilla. The Bruins had a cornerstone 2C for years that played a very similar style name David Krejci. The second Strome is gone and his replacement can’t playmake the way he can we will probably all realize how badly we underrated him.
He doesn't have great passing or facilitating though. He was really great chemistry with a top 5 forward in the league and extremely good offensive instincts and IQ but his individual skills are a tick above average other than a below average shot.

Krejci played defense and was better across the board. They're only comparable in that they're pass first Cs who don't truck anyone. Strome will be missed because empty calories still get you some Ws in the regular season and the team is bereft of top 6 centers.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
@Loki Dog 74 apparently knows a guy who knows a guy who knows him (not trying to be an asshole lol). Apologies if it's someone else.

Maybe he was a douche, but he's approaching 30 and people usually grow up before then.

Sure, I'll buy it.

I think we all have differences of opinion on what constitutes a douche, but I've not had any instances I can think of where Loki and I had some sort of fundamental disagreement.

Reactions: egelband

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'll settle for putting old man Lou in one of those old fashion hand and head wooden lock things and pushing him through the old coliseum parking lot while Rangers fans threw tomatoes at him

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Coming up on 2 yrs (& what? 5M plus dead) into this pandemic and still people don't take this virus seriously

The answer is NOT to expose more people to it lol
Then fine but any players who are out of the game because of an injury should be ineligible to play in the make up games. It needs to be fair for the teams that are ready to play not just the teams that have to postpone a game

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Also, I don't see how the logistics of the Olympics being what they are will allow for NHL participation. 4 outbreaks, 2 cancellations. You can tell Gary was so conservative with only 2 game postponement that they really really didn't want to. I bet we'll have 1 outbreak and postponement per month going forward.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Then fine but any players who are out of the game because of an injury should be ineligible to play in the make up games. It needs to be fair for the teams that are ready to play not just the teams that have to postpone a game
How about we play them whenever and kick their f***ing asses because our team is better?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
This is such a strange and popular take for a player with 155 points in 205 games for the Rangers.

I cannot in all my years as a fan think of a player that prolific who got more hatred. Maybe Poti??

It's one thing to talk about not being able to sign him, his fit, his flaws etc. But that some of you legitimately hate the player is super weird.
It’s a guarantee that next years team won’t feature strome and chytil. Likely either one or neither.
Solid possibility Rooney prices himself out as well.
I’m 100% positive well have Zibby and Barron as 1and 3 centers respectively, goodrow here, who can play it in a pinch.
But beyond that, nothing concrete. Odds are strome prices himself out of here, and if chytil doesn’t take a large step in consistent play, he’s likely packaged for the new 2C coming in.
I don’t think drury would go with 2 rookies as 3/4 C so odds are we bring in a vet that makes about mill to mill n a half if Richards doesn’t blow the doors off.
Drury has to be very smart and cagey about our 2C position, because we’re quickly running out of cap space

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad