Speculation: Roster Building Thread - Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
This is such a strange and popular take for a player with 155 points in 205 games for the Rangers.

I cannot in all my years as a fan think of a player that prolific who got more hatred. Maybe Poti??

It's one thing to talk about not being able to sign him, his fit, his flaws etc. But that some of you legitimately hate the player is super weird.
I hate his lazy ass style of play and he’s also notoriously a douche off the ice.

Not that hard to see why people don’t like him lol

Reactions: LokiDog

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Rangers whooped the Bruins and 5K is nothing for Panarin. Marchand is an asshole but they crushed Boston and that’s all that matters. I’m sure the guys will be hitting Marchand a little hard next game

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I hate his lazy ass style of play and he’s also notoriously a douche off the ice.

Not that hard to see why people don’t like him lol
It's mostly fit for me. Mika and Strome are too identical. You put Panarin with Mika next year after Strome walks and they will have no problems producing, but I definitely see the value in splitting up the talent for matchup purposes these past two seasons. Next year the rangers hopefully have a Kakko and Laf who are ready to take over that second line with a more two-way minded center. That would be way more beneficial to the team than having two floaters at center.

Reactions: duhmetreE

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
1) Rangers may need to add for depth but they will make that evaluation in more seriousness after the new year.

2) Lazy? Dumb? Looks like it’s personal for some people.
Looks like you dont fully pay attention when you watch the games. Its not personal. Why would I root for or not want Strome to be a smarter, more responsible player?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Can Crouse play RW? He may fit on the Panarin line and I’m sure AZ would want Kravtsov as a piece

Crouse and Hayton for Kravtsov and Robertson? I believe Crouse has played LW in the NHL but I am not sure if he ever played RW, but maybe he has in Juniors or minor hockey. Not too sure but I like his game. I'd take a chance on Crouse

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Looks like you dont fully pay attention when you watch the games. Its not personal. Why would I root for or not want Strome to be a smarter, more responsible player?

I like you getting personal with me even less than your insight on Strome.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I like you getting personal with me even less than your insight on Strome.
I am getting personal with you? Because I don’t think you’re paying attention if you think Strome is a smart, responsible player. LOL. You are as soft as Strome is. There, that can be considered “personal”.

Strome sucks. His whole career has depended on the success and talent of others.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Can Crouse play RW? He may fit on the Panarin line and I’m sure AZ would want Kravtsov as a piece
I like Crouse or Gurianov.

Gallant gets so much out of players with size and speed. It's the type of players we should target. They are both also at that age where those big boys start putting it together.

but I think Crouse has been strictly LW

Kreider Zibs Kakko
Panarin Strome Laf
Crouse Chytil Gauthier - that size and speed
Hunt/Rooney-Goodrow-Reaves

( i know Laf is 'uncomfortable' on RW... time for him to get comfortable )

or

Kreider Zibs Kakko
Panarin Strome Gurianov
Laf Chytil Gauthier
Hunt/Rooney - Goodrow - Reaves

effen

Feb 3, 2018
This is such a strange and popular take for a player with 155 points in 205 games for the Rangers.

I cannot in all my years as a fan think of a player that prolific who got more hatred. Maybe Poti??

It's one thing to talk about not being able to sign him, his fit, his flaws etc. But that some of you legitimately hate the player is super weird.
He doesn't hate the player, he hates watching the player. There's a difference.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Strome is empty calories as a player. I don't see why that's controversial or confusing that people don't like that.

I like marshmallows. I don't like them as a cornerstone of a meal. Both can be true.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Strome is empty calories as a player. I don't see why that's controversial or confusing that people don't like that.

I like marshmallows. I don't like them as a cornerstone of a meal. Both can be true.

Great passing and facilitating is not really vanilla. The Bruins had a cornerstone 2C for years that played a very similar style name David Krejci. The second Strome is gone and his replacement can’t playmake the way he can we will probably all realize how badly we underrated him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad