Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
If the Rangers were to make a hockey trade with Hayes—what do you think about something like this:

Hayes and Georgie to Carolina for:

Hamilton and Fox

Rangers get 2 right handed defensive man 1 with term 1 up and comer.

Carolina gets Hayes whom their looking for scoring and from what seems out there want to deal a defensive man.

Georgie improves their goaltending.

Salaries are close—Carolina can try and sign Hayes or best case Hayes resigns back with us.

Carolina has Bean and Fleury in the minors to replace Hamilton.

Personal I want to Rangers to deal Hayes for prospects and picks but if they were to make a hockey deal would this be fair ?

I should have added that if this happens trading Shatty is a must.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
As per SportsNet Hockey Central evening show....Doug MacLean calling for Panarin to be a King this Summer ....but to be a rental somewhere before that happens. Just another guess I figure....see what sticks LOL...

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
As per SportsNet Hockey Central evening show....Doug MacLean calling for Panarin to be a King this Summer ....but to be a rental somewhere before that happens. Just another guess I figure....see what sticks LOL...

no one knows anything

Reactions: leetch99

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
https://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-duchene-not-expected-in-lineup-on-thursday~1615383

Aside from the Duchene being held out stuff on Insider Trading:

Silfverberg is expected to re-sign with the Ducks. Takes one winger off the market that Boston was connected to previously.

Nyqvist and Jensen available, but the Wings are also trying to sign them if they can.

Also worth noting, McKenzie wondering if the relationship between the Oilers and Puljujarvi is "fractured beyond repair" and he might refuse an assignment to the minors. Important to bring that up because @Amazing Kreiderman almost made it a day without Puljujarvi's name coming up in this thread.

Reactions: Ola and leetch99

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
If the return today for Hayes was a 2nd, Gorton would wait until the deadline. There is no scenario where he is traded early for an underwhelming return. He will be the last ranger free agent traded.

Edit: unless hayes is the first traded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad