Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm listening to Leafs lunch right now. Both Dreger and McKenzie have confirmed the Leafs have been in discussions with the Rangers in regards to McQuaid.
Our 1st (via TB if they win the cup) & McQuaid for Nylander
Or, our 2nd (from TB) and Vesey for Nylander.

Hey, they won't be able to afford him any old way.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The guy teams like Nashville and Boston should overpay for is Kreider. He fits both teams needs to a 'T'. Kreider with Kreijci gives them a VERY good 2nd line. Kreider to Nashville gives them size, strength and a legit top-6 winger as well as one of the elite net front players in the league to pair with one of the best offensive d-corps in the league. Both teams get him for this year and next.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Question for the off-season.

Would anyone be opposed to a David Backes for Marc Staal swap? 1 for 1.

Same contract length. Backes makes $300k more than Staal but he can play wing or center. It creates a spot fora young d-man and is much easier to play a guy like Backes on the 3rd line than trying to insulate a defenseman

I would imagine both Backes and Staal would be opposed to it. They both have NMCs.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
God it's going to be disappointing if they keep most of the team together and end up with a 10th overall.

They are so close to the bottom of the league. One losing streak and we should be in the top 5 at worst. Zucc and Hayes need to go and I really hope they are looking at trading all other pieces that might garner value - Names, Vesey, Strome, McQuaid, Shattenkirk, etc.

If they burn it down, it will be a really brutal 2 months of hockey to watch, but so be it.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I’d rather the Ottawa guys land out east.

I like the idea of leveraging the Central teams + Calgary against each other

The best case scenario for the Rangers is that one of the Ottawa guys ends up on The Island. There's no way Gorton is trading Hayes to the Islanders. They remove Duchene from the market and all of a sudden Hayes and Dzingel are the only centers leftover

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
God it's going to be disappointing if they keep most of the team together and end up with a 10th overall.

They are so close to the bottom of the league. One losing streak and we should be in the top 5 at worst. Zucc and Hayes need to go and I really hope they are looking at trading all other pieces that might garner value - Names, Vesey, Strome, McQuaid, Shattenkirk, etc.

If they burn it down, it will be a really brutal 2 months of hockey to watch, but so be it.

Agreed. Out with the old, in with the new.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I would like to see all our 5-6 round picks in 2021-2023 be on the table for 7th rounders in 2020.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Ha, seven of the average 7th round picks is worth as much as the 16th pick in the 1st round!

Five 7th round picks is actually worth as much as a late 1st round pick.

Reactions: Riche16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad