Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We get more everything offensively (shots, goals, chances) when he's on the ice versus when he's not.
So, he's driving the play? Or the passenger?

I think Buch has been great at forechecking, when he's 'on'... I would not say he drives play

Reactions: pld459666

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
So, he's driving the play? Or the passenger?
Buch has legitimate scoring chances that he creates or takes advantage of when most other Fs on the team couldn't. He's not so great, and obviously I hope he has at least a little more development left in him. If not, then yeah we should try to sell high.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
There's no need to sell high on Buch. He's solid scoring depth. I don't know why his expectations have always been "1st line winger or he's not worth having on the team."
Nah, let’s get rid of good players for bad ones like Crouse. Who cares if we don’t have talent as long as there’s some sandpaper in the lineup?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Buch isn't as good or as useful as his play-driving numbers may indicate, imo

Reactions: zephyr

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
There's no need to sell high on Buch. He's solid scoring depth. I don't know why his expectations have always been "1st line winger or he's not worth having on the team."
So if the team believes he won't be first-line, and they are offered someone they believe will develop into first-line, they shouldn't make that move?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
So if the team believes he won't be first-line, and they are offered someone they believe will develop into first-line, they shouldn't make that move?

If nobody here believes he is that good then why would he have enough value to be traded for a prospect of that quality? That logic is extremely inconsistent.

Reactions: kovazub94

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If nobody here believes he is that good then why would he have enough value to be traded for a prospect of that quality? That logic is extremely inconsistent.
Because different people have different evaluations of different players. Thats how trades are won or lost…all the time.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm ok keeping Buch, his next contract ask is the issue because at some point he isnt getting top 6 mins at all, and probably no pp time.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Half the season is in and this team is clearly not making the playoffs. If anything, most of the top players on the team (and Strome) overperformed, and it is likely that guys like Panarin and Zibanejad slow down in the second half (only because their scoring pace so far has been so ahead of their prior career best). There's no savior coming back from injury to reverse the 41-game trend, nor a rookie coming in from Hartford who is likely to explode this season. This team is what you see in the standings: a bottom 5 to 10 squad.

Time for the Rangers annual sale. I prefer picks that have low odds of turning into top players than young guys with high odds of being bottom guys. The target should be an offense-first LD with first pair potential, someone like Boqvist or K'Andre (give or take, depending on the draft position).

1) Kreider for a Hayes-like package. Possibly an additional late second or third.
2) Fast for a late second.
3) Lias for a third.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
I don’t see the logic in trading Buch. He’s 24. He’s been a 40+ point player his last 3 seasons. He’s not a finished product and will continue improving.

What are you guys hoping we get for him? A younger player that might produce like him one day...?
Plus I think in large part a lot of what we need is already in house. It's just a matter of letting these guys develop. We look at our forward group and you got Panarin- franchise level winger, Zib- elite, Kakko will likely reach that level, Chytil & Kravstov have the talent to be +50 point players (and that's modest), if they re-sign Strome you have your #2 for the time being. It may take some time still but these guys are pretty close. Buch is a good placeholder for the time being. Kreiders gonna get good value and they probably wind up with a top 10 pick, I'm in no rush to trade Buch unless there's something you can't pass up

Reactions: kovazub94 and Kupo

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
#WeHaveNoTop6Rw #KakkoIsntReady #BuchIsInconsistant #FastByDefault

playbuchorkakkoonline1

fast by default isnt coaching

fast is averaging slightly over 1 shot per game on line 1.
hes got a total of 8 assists in 40 games
he isnt helping that line what so ever.

hes not in any way shape or form a line 1 guy. stuff like this is why quinn is questioned.

Reactions: 17 others

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If I’m Gorton, I’m listening hard on Skeji and Buchnevich and signing Kreider and Fast as long as the price is within reason. Keep the guys who can be core pieces on a contending team and monetize the ones who won’t. I also want to see Sherstykin gets some work in New York so I can move Georgiev in the off-season.

IMO Skeji has played his way off the future core. He’s been particularly horrid this trip.

How could the price be within reason for a UFA especially in Kreider’s case?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeah, but who's giving us a younger, better winger?

The Zibanejad trade was a historic flop, that's not going to happen often.

There have been a lot of interviews with Ziba in Swedish media lately. It’s just speculation, but I really wonder if Ziba today would have had the same breakout if he was traded to another team than us. He really wanted to stay here and was given a clear message from the brass that he only would do that if he shaped up.

Ottawa traded a kid that repeatedly showed up in so-so shape and somewhat — even though it shouldn’t be exaggerated — had his mind on other things too. Zibas transformation is amazing. And Hank has also had a big part in rubbing of his professionalism on him.

Reactions: B17 Apricots

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Buchnevich is just about the only player on this roster (sans Panarin, obviously) that drives quality chances at 5v5.

Yup, and I also think that the Ziba analogy is pretty good. Buch is right where Ziba and JT Miller was at the same age and it certainly seem like he has a lot of potential to improve going forward.

Reactions: Dijock94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad