Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Meh...never really impressed by Zacha.

He's another guy who I put on the pile with players like Jost, Puljujarvi, Bennett, etc. Meaning I don't really care about their draft position, but I see a player with some upside who can add versatility to the lineup while bringing a bit of a different dynamic to the ice. Zacha's a big kid who can find the puck in tight spaces, plays a pretty responsible game, and is -- at least if I recall correctly -- a very good penalty killer.

Reactions: Kupo and Mac n Gs

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Nah, if the NHL wanted to rig the draft lottery, they would make sure their cash cow gets a few 1OA (aka NYR)
I think the NhL is In the business of saving/helping struggling markets and not in the business of helping out the rangers who are their own empire

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I wonder if Shesty getting called up is a precursor to a Georgie trade in the very near future?

I think the Rangers want to give Shesterkin some games in the NHL in the second half of the season and aren't inherently opposed to a three man rotation toward the end of the season. They would then send Shesterkin back to the AHL for the playoffs.

A lot depends on how Shesterkin performs in the NHL, but I would suspect the odds of any move occurring is probably higher in the offseason.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think the Rangers want to give Shesterkin some games in the NHL in the second half of the season and aren't inherently opposed to a three man rotation toward the end of the season. They would then send Shesterkin back to the AHL for the playoffs.

A lot depends on how Shesterkin performs in the NHL, but I would suspect the odds of any move occurring is probably higher in the offseason.

I think it is critical to get him some games before making a decision on georgiev, even if it creates a less than ideal situation in the short term.

Reactions: jas and Lion Hound

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think it is critical to get him some games before making a decision on georgiev, even if it creates a less than ideal situation in the short term.

Yeah, I've heard for a while that the plan was to get Shesterkin up in the new year --- and here we are. So none of this is an audible.

While no one would dare say it, I suspect there's at least some desire to see Lundqvist ride off into the sunset. But in the absence of that happening, I still think Georgiev is probably the player that moves on.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Yeah, I've heard for a while that the plan was to get Shesterkin up in the new year --- and here we are. So none of this is an audible.

While no one would dare say it, I suspect there's at least some desire to see Lundqvist ride off into the sunset. But in the absence of that happening, I still think Georgiev is probably the player that moves on.

i think Lundqvist riding off into the sunset and a tandem of georgiev & shesterkin is the ideal outcome. but agree that no one will dare say it and make it seem like hank is being forced out. he deserves to go out on his own terms and it will be his call...even if people are secretly hoping for a particular outcome.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
i think Lundqvist riding off into the sunset and a tandem of georgiev & shesterkin is the ideal outcome. but agree that no one will dare say it and make it seem like hank is being forced out. he deserves to go out on his own terms and it will be his call...even if people are secretly hoping for a particular outcome.

Is there even a suitor for Hank via trade? Like a legit contender that can afford him, and would want him there?

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
You can certainly have a blunt conversation to just advise Lundqvist of the landscape. Igor is getting games, so you and Georgiev will play less. We don't intend on trading Georgiev in season, so the status quo will remain through the season. We are still committed to the rebuild. So expect vets leaving and not coming in to bolster for a playoff run.

Hank can do what he wants with that information. I'm not pushing him out the door but I want to be realistic. Give him a shot at the cup elsewhere, but if he stays he should 100% know what's happening.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Is there even a suitor for Hank via trade? Like a legit contender that can afford him, and would want him there?
Would need to be traded with a 50% retention. At 4 million cap hit I think he's an amazing insurance policy for a team with big aspirations and uncertainties between the pipes. I said it before semi-joking around but Colorado would be a great spot for him. They have questions in goal and are a good, solid team up front. He'd have a chance to win there. After he wins, he can come back here to be Shestys backup for a year or 2. I'm not saying it's not far fetched but I don't think it's completely illogical either.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Lundqvist's goalie stats are actually relatively good according to Charting Hockey

I don't advocate a trade of him at all because I think he's earned the right to go out how he wants. But I have a hard time believing any team would be willing to take on his contract right now. Even if they retained 50% it would probably be a tough sell for the rest of this season and next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad