Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Toronto would have to be a special kind of stupid to trade Nylander for Skjei at this point.

Just to play devils advocate, teams might be looking at Pionk playing excellent hockey in Winnipeg after being one of the worst players in the NHL last year (analytics wise) and wondering what a guy with better tools in Skjei might do outside of the Rangers system.

Skjei gets a bad rep around here, but guys with his size and skating always get the benefit of the doubt from GM's. John Moore has the hockey IQ of a wet diaper and he got a 4 year deal from Boston.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Just to play devils advocate, teams might be looking at Pionk playing excellent hockey in Winnipeg after being one of the worst players in the NHL last year (analytics wise) and wondering what a guy with better tools in Skjei might do outside of the Rangers system.

Skjei gets a bad rep around here, but guys with his size and skating always get the benefit of the doubt from GM's. John Moore has the hockey IQ of a wet diaper and he got a 4 year deal from Boston.
Five years. Sweeney gave him five years. Still can't believe that. Good on John though!

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
On Buchnevich: He needs to get 3-5 shots on goal every game. Period. He can lament, and mope, and show his frustration as a visible sign of caring. But he's going to feel the way he feels during his down stretches until he gets 3-5 shots a game. Every game. Period.

They need to inculcate that into Pavel.

That's an average of 4 shots per game, 4 * 82 = 328. For scale, 4 players had as many or more shots last year... MacKinnon (365), Kane (341), Ovechkin (338), Seguin (334).

Even 3 per game would be 246 which is Top-20, the amount of shots Nikita Kucherov had.

Totally unrealistic

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They have two pairings that really work Zib/Kreider and Panarin/Strome, add in Kakko and Kravstov maybe even Chytil if you move Strome to wing. I don't understand why people are in a rush to break that up assuming guys are reasonable with their next deals. Unless they luck into a player at the draft this year, they're thin at forward. Keep what's working. I'd sacrifice Brady or Pavel to see to it.

this is a good post. Mika and CK have a really strong bond and chemistry. They like to play fast. They are explosive on the rush. It’s not easy to find. You add in Strome Panarin then Kravtsov Kakko and Chytil and you have something there. A legit core. Buchnevich is certainly on the outside here. Move him now don’t sacrifice the importance of Kreider for a player like Buch. That’s just silly.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m reading although nothing from any of the major insiders that Toronto and NY are close on something that could involve Georgiev for Prospects timashev or bracco with draft picks involved. But again solely internet twitter rumors that are picking up steam today.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Can’t have your top two left wings making almost 20 million combined

Thank Kreider for his service and send him on his way

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I’m reading although nothing from any of the major insiders that Toronto and NY are close on something that could involve Georgiev for Prospects timashev or bracco with draft picks involved. But again solely internet twitter rumors that are picking up steam today.

Luckily they are internet twitter rumors because if one or even both were the correct pieces as the return I'd be very upset.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I mean are we really going to get more? I doubt it. What if it’s one of those kids and a 2nd round pick?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
On Buchnevich: He needs to get 3-5 shots on goal every game. Period. He can lament, and mope, and show his frustration as a visible sign of caring. But he's going to feel the way he feels during his down stretches until he gets 3-5 shots a game. Every game. Period.

They need to inculcate that into Pavel.
Don't post again until you figure out how to do comparisons to the rest of the league.

Reactions: SA16

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Can’t have your top two left wings making almost 20 million combined

Thank Kreider for his service and send him on his way

well I mean if Panarin makes 11 million of that “almost 20 million” and Kreider makes 7 that’s hardly unreasonable. We don’t have any other double digit cap hits out there. Kreider is a top line player. And elite pp net front presence. Those guys don’t grow on trees. Slot Kravtsov and Kakko on the right wings and off you go

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So all buchnevich has to do is become the premier volume shooter in the nhl. Not asking too much

He consistently puts himself in these shooting positions so I don’t think it’s outrageous to have these expectations. He often has games when he’s got 3-5 sog but then he gets away from it when he doesn’t convert.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d rather package him like we did with Raanta or not trade him at all

You have to trade him. I’ve been saying this for a while now but as much as it sucks if hank won’t retire this summer you have to trade Georgiev. You can’t pay him as an rfa. You have Shesterkin 24 years old now and dominating the A. Can’t bury him any longer.

I would love to make another trade with Georgiev in a package but we got a 7th overall pick because AZ did there homework and knew the 2017 draft sucked. After 5 or 6 picks. No one is doing that for 2020.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He consistently puts himself in these shooting positions so I don’t think it’s outrageous to have these expectations. He often has games when he’s got 3-5 sog but then he gets away from it when he doesn’t convert.

I think expecting him to shoot at the rate of Nathan mackinnon or Alex Ovechkin is outrageous.

Reactions: Blue Blooded
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad