Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII - Want some, get some

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Why are we so quick to move Georgiev? They should be waiting until the end of the season and they know exactly what Lundqvists intentions are.

If you are blown away by an offer then of course pull the trigger but it needs to be the right move. Yes Shesh is playing lights out in the AHL but let's not get a head of ourselves here. He hasn't played a minute in the NHL yet.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I know timo meier is a rw but he could keep kakko with chytil and lemieux could play with chytil and kakko, he would be a good grit player and kakko can mesh with chytil, if chytil masters the use of his size and with that line skill, you could be so dangerous.

Mika panarin and meier would spread the wealth and georgiev is desperately needed there. Kreider is kinda able to play rw and georgiev is a real package. Our top six could be set.

Lol if you want to trade for Meier you have to be prepared to trade literally anyone in the organization other than Kakko

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Why are we so quick to move Georgiev? They should be waiting until the end of the season and they know exactly what Lundqvists intentions are.

If you are blown away by an offer then of course pull the trigger but it needs to be the right move. Yes Shesh is playing lights out in the AHL but let's not get a head of ourselves here. He hasn't played a minute in the NHL yet.
And when was the last time any team has been blown away by an offer? It just doesn’t happen anymore. I say we keep him.

Reactions: zephyr

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC

He is waiver exempt until he plays 60 games in the NHL. Currently at 56. That is important, for some.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Read Wall was doing real good. Is he viewed as good as Huska ?

May be why they are listening on Georgie ?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Read Wall was doing real good. Is he viewed as good as Huska ?

May be why they are listening on Georgie ?
Wall is a good goalie prospect and he’ll probably split time with Huska next year in Hartford

The reason Georgiev is being discussed as a trade candidate is simple for me.

He needs a new contract next season, and Igor is lighting up the AHL. He is going to need an NHL spot sooner rather than later. And at this point, Hank is going nowhere so they can’t keep Igor or Georgiev in the minors for another season

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Is there really any speculation though? He is going to finish his contract out with the Ranger's.

He's been asked if he wanted to be traded to a contender and he's said no. Next year we will have a decent team when everyone gets older and more experienced, if he didn't want to get traded when we were a basement team, he's not going to want to get traded when we could be a bubble team or better.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I wonder if he’s better at say checkers (which is a lower testosterone game).
It's actually sad...FUNNY AS HEL* but ... but so very true !!! He just does not know how to take charge and initiate ....he could not lead anything he just does not have that skill or leadership gene in his DNA . Some have it...like the Tkachuk brothers and some don't like CK . Not sure if anybody watched the Philly Sen game yesterday....but it was a DANDY ! Tkachuk kept them in that game all day....he had the Flyers hating on him . In the end though he then went out and sent a welcoming to the next time they play in case he got forgotten .

Reactions: wafflepadsave

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Which teams have terrible goalie situations, without a top prospect? Devils (not gonna happen), Kings, Sharks, Wings, maybe CBJ, who else?

Don't we always scout the hell out of the Kings? Get me my boy Kaliyev lmao

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I like how he says “The Isles would probably have to give up Dobson in order to get Hall, so what would it take to get Kreider?” To which I replied to myself, “Dobson.” Not saying that’s realistic for Kreider but I wouldn’t trade him to the other of our greatest rivals for anything less than a severe overpayment.
Brooksie has officially lost his mind. I really cannot stand him anymore.

Reactions: Berserk

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Trading Georgiev makes sense if the return is adequate (not just late picks) AND they feel confident they can sign Wall. Perhaps part of the reason Wall signs is because Georgiev is traded.

The man constantly forgotten in all of this is Huska who is also a good goalie prospect.

I’d probably be looking for something in the realm of what Lehner returned for Ottawa from Buffalo. Late 1st or 2nd plus prospect in the Lindgren/Rykov mold.

Teams who need a goalie realize that:
1) goalies take a while to develop so drafting one could take 5-6 years before they reap what they sow
2) drafting goalies is a crap shoot
3) Georgiev is a low cap hit cost controlled goalie

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Heard today that Kravtsov has been demoted to Traktors affiliate team, can anyone confirm that? Its very worrisome if true, how did the kid fall so far so fast and what is the issue?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
They got 3 picks for a 27 year-old goalie who had only played 57 games in the NHL.

We got two picks basically- since we swapped 7ths.

We should wait until the offseason for Georgy. Figure out whats what. NYR can't piss away Shesterkhin.

Don't have the offensive depth to trade Buchnevich right now. He's on a very reasonable contract and I believe is RFA controlled at its end.

Team needs to be thinking long and hard about how we plan to have a competent 4 lines of forwards next season. A lot of guys are struggling like Andersson Howden and Kravtsov, and the rest are very far away (Henriksson, Aaltonen, ext) The economical thing would be to trade Strome while he is being boosted by Panarin. Could we get a young roster forward like Lemieux for him?

Even middle 6 UFAs are getting big contracts. The Rangers should be sending big resources to scout undrafted NCAA and European forwards. The potential busts of two top 10 picks are very bad news for the rebuild, and action needs to be taken.

Reactions: leetch99

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The Talbot trade is one of the worst trades made by the Rangers in the cap era. Georgiev is better than Talbot IMO. They need to get good value in any Georgiev trade.

Talbot:
- On a team up against the cap
- 1 year removed from UFA
- on a 1-year extension meaning the acquiring team couldn't negotiate until Jan 1st
- In an off season with other, younger options in Lehner and Jones

Georgiev:
- 3 more years of RFA eligibility
- On a team with a replacement already
- 4 years younger than Talbot

If anything, Georgiev's value is closer to Lehner and Jones in 2015

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Toronto's 1st I'd guess would be in the 20-25 range. Buchnevich and Nylander--I'd give Nylander the edge but it's arguable. I would not move Georgiev for less than a 1st and I'd want more if we were picking at the tail end of the round. He's a proven NHL goalie--IMO one of the best young goalies in the league. I know a lot of people value Shesterkin more but Igor and Alex are the same age and Alex has done more.
Plus Georgie stonewalled the Leafs twice last season...faced 50 + ? shots in at least one game and maybe earned a SO ? ...sorry going on memory here ....

Reactions: eco's bones

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Trading Georgiev makes sense if the return is adequate (not just late picks) AND they feel confident they can sign Wall. Perhaps part of the reason Wall signs is because Georgiev is traded.

The man constantly forgotten in all of this is Huska who is also a good goalie prospect.

I’d probably be looking for something in the realm of what Lehner returned for Ottawa from Buffalo. Late 1st or 2nd plus prospect in the Lindgren/Rykov mold.

Teams who need a goalie realize that:
1) goalies take a while to develop so drafting one could take 5-6 years before they reap what they sow
2) drafting goalies is a crap shoot
3) Georgiev is a low cap hit cost controlled goalie

Huska is a really solid goalie prospect, and he isn’t a dwarf like Shesty and Geo and Hank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad