Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII - Want some, get some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Would Bracco and a mid round pick be a decent return?I dont know much about him but Pronman has him as their #2 prospect. Though he's fairly small and known more for passing, which we pretty much have covered.

I’ve always been a Timashov fan.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
If i see a trade with our d i want shoot first players and i want a lw

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Proposal: georgiev, kreider for timo miere or however u spell his name. Would u go for it?

Reactions: Ola

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Do I see it this season? No, I don't. Could I potentially see him being moved for a late pick at next years deadline? Sure, why not. A contender might want to add some bottom pair or press box depth. Teams like veterans in the playoffs, and as much as Staal is on the back 9, he does have a lot of experience. It's up to him if he wants to accept, but if it's the last year of his contract and he has a chance to join a team with legitimate cup aspirations then I wouldn't be surprised if he went for it. Him not being in NY for 3-4 months might not be a deal breaker at that point. As for this year, I don't see anyone picking up that cap hit and if they did he might very well turn down a trade so I agree with you on that.

I don't see a buy out unless the Rangers are desperate to save a few cents next year. I know from your post that you really want to contend now, and I totally get that. However, if you're a bit more objective,, I think competing this year or next year is a real long shot. Although, I do think they have a real chance at being a playoff team with another year under their belts. My opinion is that this is their last big swing at the draft before they start to seriously look to start progressing towards being a legitimate contender.
At this point, I’m more concerned with him taking a roster spot from Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov or Reauanen or perhaps from someone not yet in the organization. I love the veteran leadership but if he comes back it’s probably as a 7th and nothing more.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
It’s a little early but she’s making a strong case :laugh:

On top of the cake she had us sitting about 10 rows back at the 4-0 Rangers win in NJ last weekend. She bought herself a Rangers winter hat and put a Rangers ornament on her tree and is pretty willing to learn and embrace the sport, which is by no means the most important thing, but it’s nice that she wants to share an interest.
Now you are talking. My wife and I went to a minor league game on our second date (the Long Island Ducks) and she too had to learn the game. Married 44 years and now she screams at the TV right along with me.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
At this point, I’m more concerned with him taking a roster spot from Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov or Reauanen or perhaps from someone not yet in the organization. I love the veteran leadership but if he comes back it’s probably as a 7th and nothing more.
This just occurred to me and its concerning- how long do we have until Staal is the defensive coach in Hartford

Reactions: Musto

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Damn JT Miller was good for Vancouver tonight.

Someone need to go Uncle Joe on our pro scouting department. All hires should be made by a third party board only allowed to look at merits. Nobody without a solid modern — hockey — background should be allowed near it. Please.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I know timo meier is a rw but he could keep kakko with chytil and lemieux could play with chytil and kakko, he would be a good grit player and kakko can mesh with chytil, if chytil masters the use of his size and with that line skill, you could be so dangerous.

Mika panarin and meier would spread the wealth and georgiev is desperately needed there. Kreider is kinda able to play rw and georgiev is a real package. Our top six could be set.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I still think meier trade would work, rn my wish list is either him, hampus lindholm, or something we can repackage.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
There’s been some chatter that the Red Wings are fed up with Andreas Athanasiou and are listening on offers. Hearing they are very down on his inconsistency. After 30 goals last year, he only has 5 so far this year. He’s also -33, which is really hard to do, even in a team as bad as Detroit.

I’d sure be on the phone gauging the situation. When I’ve seen him, he sure has been impressive. Skates like the wind.

Deleted member 23124

There’s been some chatter that the Red Wings are fed up with Andreas Athanasiou and are listening on offers. Hearing they are very down on his inconsistency. After 30 goals last year, he only has 5 so far this year. He’s also -33, which is really hard to do, even in a team as bad as Detroit.

I’d sure be on the phone gauging the situation. When I’ve seen him, he sure has been impressive. Skates like the wind.
I was impressed with him a few years ago...but have been less so recently.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Detroit wanted Lias in 2017. Don’t they need a goalie and wouldn’t mind a LD prospect too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad