Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVII - Want some, get some

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Outside of Kreider, I think the only way some of these moves progress to fruition is if there's a deal for an established, youngish NHL player on the table.

I just don't see the Rangers moving ADA at this point because of what Lundkvist might be in a few years. Likewise, I really don't think they like the idea of moving Skjei at this time.

Now, do the Rangers consider those moves for the right names? Sure. But I just don't know if that's in the more immediate future.

Perhaps, and I'm not in the camp that they MUST move him...however with his limited NTC kicking in after next season I wouldn't be shocked if they explored it this/next summer. Even if it's simply due diligence on what the return could be.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Perhaps, and I'm not in the camp that they MUST move him...however with his limited NTC kicking in after next season I wouldn't be shocked if they explored it this/next summer. Even if it's simply due diligence on what the return could be.

Agreed, and I think the Rangers will essentially listen to anyone and everyone to help better understand the market.

One of the benefits of the last few years is that the Rangers have a reasonable idea of how different people are going to approach trade talks and a solid basis for what players other teams might like.

I'm sure they some idea of who might be interested in Skjei. I also think it's probably a longer list than some on this board would believe.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think we could look to move Deangelo's rights at the draft. Looking at Lundkvist's numbers and comparing them to EK65 (Dont ask why) it seems like toggling Nils between the AHL and the NHL next year makes sense. Miller goes to Wisco for one more year, Nils plays NA hockey. Give Keane a chance to win the 3RD spot over Nils in training camp.
If DeAngelo is going to be 55-60 point player, why in the world would Gorton look to move him? At that point you learn to live with the defesive warts as there are simply not that many players like that. IF that is what DeAngelo is, the chances of Lundqvist being that are almost non-existent.

At some point, you need to look at see what is actually being produced by Player A as opposed to what you are hoping can be produced by Player B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad