Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I'll take a Ryan Reaves type for our 4th line
What does that mean? A guy who can skate at least ok and hit hard? We've got that. We've even got a guy who can keep up with the 1st line and hits a lot. A guy who can fight? We've got a few. I don't think we need any more.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What does that mean? A guy who can skate at least ok and hit hard? We've got that. We've even got a guy who can keep up with the 1st line and hits a lot. A guy who can fight? We've got a few. I don't think we need any more.
who? ADA is our 'tough guy'. That's a problem. Lemieux is no where near what I'd thought he'd be.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
It’s increasingly obvious to me that not only will Skjei play himself out of the organizations long term blue print, I see Hajek making him expendable this spring.

I had previously thought it was DeAngelo that would follow a Del Zotto career path, but perhaps it’s Skjei.

Reactions: Cag29

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
It’s increasingly obvious to me that not only will Skjei play himself out of the organizations long term blue print, I see Hajek making him expendable this spring.

I had previously thought it was DeAngelo that would follow a Del Zotto career path, but perhaps it’s Skjei.
I believe it may be both...
We have so many LD prospects that at least 3 of them will surpass Skjei
And it be hard to win the cup with 3 offensive RD
And with Trouba and Fox not going anywhere ADA may be the odd man out

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I really didnt feel Skjei was bad last night, I think people are so focused on him that everything he does is scrutinized. I thought his size was an asset, he isnt Lidstom but he isnt Redden either. One thing that always bothered me about him is that he always takes the outside track when carrying the puck giving him no options but to go around the net, last night I saw him a couple times take the middle lane and it was more effective, I feel the coaches are working with him, I think he cares and wants to be better, I'm not done with him yet.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
For what it's worth I'd be trying to sign DeAngelo now but I really dont see any scenario where we will be keeping him unless he really likes it here and is willing to take a team friendly deal, soemthing I doubt. It will be tough to see him go but the way he is playing offensively he could be well over 5 mill per year.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Also, regarding our d. Prospects are just that and no guarantee guys like Lundqvist can do it at this level. I'm fairly confident in Miller and Keane but not sure about the rest.
A guy that deserves credit for putting the work in is Lindgren, watched him last year and he was slow and plodding and I really didnt see him as an NHL player but his skating is much better this year, he has been a pleasant surprise.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Every time we play a “tough guy” game we get shit housed. We got blown out by Ottawa trying to chase guys around the ice playing tough after taking a lead. The last thing we need is more of that trash. Lemieux and ADA are plenty enough of the shit stirring we need.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Every time we play a “tough guy” game we get **** housed. We got blown out by Ottawa trying to chase guys around the ice playing tough after taking a lead. The last thing we need is more of that trash. Lemieux and ADA are plenty enough of the **** stirring we need.
It’s so funny, because people in the post game thread are clamoring for more guys like Wilson, as if Wilson wasn’t literal human trash of a hockey player before last season

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It’s so funny, because people in the post game thread are clamoring for more guys like Wilson, as if Wilson wasn’t literal human trash of a hockey player before last season
I know I am going to take a ton of flack for this but honestly, I don't care. It doesn't mean that Wilson isn't effective. I'd take Wilson on this team in a heartbeat. Having both him and Lemieux would be too much for opposing teams to handle.

Reactions: leetch99

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I know I am going to take a ton of flack for this but honestly, I don't care. It doesn't mean that Wilson isn't effective. I'd take Wilson on this team in a heartbeat. Having both him and Lemieux would be too much for opposing teams to handle.
I mean his style of play sure was effective last night when the Caps got their doors blown off

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

And Lemieux fought him real well, Wilson being the giant insane monster he is.

In a PO situation I'm taking TDA & Lemieux over that Dbag.

Reactions: egelband

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Historically he hasn’t been all that good before last season and causes more trouble than he’s worth for a team.

I just can’t get behind that

I mean, he put up 35 points the year before. I do disagree that he causes more trouble than he is worth. I think he is effective in what he does and when you play a reckless style of hockey, you are going to go over the edge sometimes.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I mean, he put up 35 points the year before. I do disagree that he causes more trouble than he is worth. I think he is effective in what he does and when you play a reckless style of hockey, you are going to go over the edge sometimes.

And eventually someone is going to run you and end your week/month/season/career when you're literal human dog shi* the way he is.

Reactions: egelband

trench23

Aug 2, 2005
I was watching the game last night and it occurred to me how many 1st round picks we had on this team- and that is so early into this rebuild... I was wondering what the record was.
Also wondered what the record was for most losses/1st round pick ratios, lol.. (For the record, I am all in on the rebuild and thought if we had any progress this year, it would just be gravy)

Off the top of my head:
Zib
Kakko
Smith
Staal
Chytil
Lias
ADA
Strome
Lemiux
Trouba (pretty sure)
Skjei
Howden
Krieder

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I was watching the game last night and it occurred to me how many 1st round picks we had on this team- and that is so early into this rebuild... I was wondering what the record was.
Also wondered what the record was for most losses/1st round pick ratios, lol.. (For the record, I am all in on the rebuild and thought if we had any progress this year, it would just be gravy)

Off the top of my head:
Zib
Kakko
Smith
Staal
Chytil
Lias
ADA
Strome
Lemiux
Trouba (pretty sure)
Skjei
Howden
Krieder

Trouba yes
Lemieux no he was a high 2nd rounder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad