Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
As long as it doesn't include a full NMC I sign him to that deal in a heartbeat.

that’s my feeling.

yes I have concerns spending money on wingers but considering the makeup of this team I think he’s an important piece if it’s at a hometown discount. And we don’t know what he’s going to be asking for but he’s not a 30 goal guy not a 60 pt guy. And he’s having a down year to an extent. May be willing to work with us

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Taking into account that Kreider didn't score a goal until the 8th game of the season, since then he's basically been scoring goals at the level he's more or less established the past few years --- roughly 28 goals.

I don't think there's too much fluctuation on his value right at the moment.

Having said that, if his agent called with a 5x5 offer, I do think the Rangers would strongly consider it. But not before having a more clear idea of the market.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
On the topic of Kreider and scoring- is it me, or is the average goals per game way up so far this season?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Taking into account that Kreider didn't score a goal until the 8th game of the season, since then he's basically been scoring goals at the level he's more or less established the past few years --- roughly 28 goals.

I don't think there's too much fluctuation on his value right at the moment.

Having said that, if his agent called with a 5x5 offer, I do think the Rangers would strongly consider it. But not before having a more clear idea of the market.

5x5 for Kreider would be a ridiculous steal.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The way he's played this season, I don't see teams forming a line to pick up that contract.
Idk I think a 5 year 6m caphit contract is exceedingly fair for a player like Kreider. If anything I think that would be a bit of a hometown discount.

In today's cap world a 6m cap hit is very fair for a 2LW who can give you 25g 25a and is an elite net front guy and is a pretty unique player with his blend of strength and speed. To get him at that cap hit and only be 5 years would be great to me.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
On the topic of Kreider and scoring- is it me, or is the average goals per game way up so far this season?

Goal scoring has been trending up for a while and it would appear that this might be a continuation of that trend.

But I also think you're seeing a league where the scoring is more concentrated on the top two lines, and the support guys on the bottom lines are scoring less. Additionally, you're also seeing stacked offensive teams.

Last year I remember doing a sampling of NHL scoring and a significant percentage of the top 20 and top 30 scorers in the league were on a relatively small number of teams. It was a bit of a have and have-not scenario.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Ola I'm going to keep banging the drum for Lindholm. Makes the most sense. Think there is a match there. Anaheim looking for RHD; tried to get Justin Faulk this summer but Faulk vetoed. Rebuilding team. Rangers have the futures to move. They are K’Andre Miller fans too. Not that I want to move Miller but if to can get a 1D in his mid 20s with some term on his contract, I certainly at least think about it. PHX is trying to contend so they won’t move OEL, but Anaheim isn’t. They can get away with Fowler on their top pairing for now too

Reactions: Ola

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Idk I think a 5 year 6m caphit contract is exceedingly fair for a player like Kreider. If anything I think that would be a bit of a hometown discount.

In today's cap world a 6m cap hit is very fair for a 2LW who can give you 25g 25a and is an elite net front guy and is a pretty unique player with his blend of strength and speed. To get him at that cap hit and only be 5 years would be great to me.

I think there are a number of teams that would like to have 25g/25a for a top line LW.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
But I've been fully convinced that Panarin at 11 million is a much better bargain than Kreider for 7.

Reactions: NYRangers16

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Kreider could even have his 3-4 best seasons infront of him. But I am not sure if Gorton want to gamble on another long term deal right now...

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Boston, Colorado and Edmonton were mentioned by Pierre LeBrun as being interested in Taylor Hall. Calgary, San Jose and Montreal were also listed as possible Hall suitors.

Those teams are basically Kreider’s market. The Flames were mentioned lasted February. He will be less expensive than Hall.
Does that mean Kreider doesn’t move till hall is settled?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'd say the teams gaps are

• 4th line wingers, with one that can play center.
  • A 4th line that can be a checking option
  • Solidified top 6 center
Some of these may be internal solutions, some may be trades.

I know the Rangers can call up VK, but what really irks me about him about leaving is that it prevents the team from calling up the mm most talented line up.

If this team had Lias and VK the forward mix would be very different.

This way you can back slot roles and control ice time accordingly.

It would help to have a coach who values 4 NHL lines, but thats a different story.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is that what I asked you? Assume you don’t know what the player is thinking (since you don’t)

now what do you say?
It’s irrelevant. He isn’t going to take less than (or equal to) Zuccarello and just like Callahan wouldn’t take less than Clarkson.

I don’t think it’s bad value, but I’m still not allocating cap to Kreider. Rangers will need that money elsewhere. People want to talk about how DeAngelo is on pace for 60 points. Kreider has never had over 53 points in a season, and he is exiting his prime. I’m not paying for that

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

So far its at 3.04 per game which is the highest since 2005-06. Amazingly its only a slight increase from last season at 3.01.

16-17 to 17-18 was the big leap from 2.77 to 2.97 and its been slowly climbing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad