Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part XV: Trading up or down? - Mod Warning post #450

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don’t think you understand the situation, whatever bullying went on — it’s not like there is any bets to hedge. You would have to be brain dead to think that it was called for. That is what it is.

But right now there is something else that is going on, and that is a — mega big — news story that is not good for anyone, at all.

There is no direct link between one g/f of a hockey player acting like a psychopath and it becoming a mega big news story. This news story is not good for any individual, it is not good at all for Ottawa Senators, it is not good for the NHL and it’s not good for hockey, it is in fact a PR nightmare.

This is the mess we have ended up with, and in this context you have someone who have acted like a psychopath but that alone should not have been enough to create this extreme mess. And it’s an extreme mess, its like headline news on CNN sports international, could like be the biggest ‘hockey story’ in a decade...

If you think this is about victim blaming you are just not grasping the situation.

Nah

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I believe Lucic also has a NTC that kicks in within the next couple seasons, meaning he would take up an expansion protection slot.

You know, just to play devil's advocate, he's from Vancouver and Vegas just rewrote the expansion roadmap. It's not a foregone conclusion he refuses to waive for the Seattle draft. Seattle taking him is another story, but he may not eat up a slot.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
There will probably be another round of compliance buy-outs after the next lockout. Will Seattle have their team before then or after?

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Sure, but I doubt they'd know at this point, so why start taking on giant contracts now? And who knows, there might not be another lockout because Bettman probably won't want to ruin what would be Seattle's first season with one after the season Vegas just had

Logically it doesn't make sense to not have them

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Sure, but I doubt they'd know at this point, so why start taking on giant contracts now? And who knows, there might not be another lockout because Bettman probably won't want to ruin what would be Seattle's first season with one after the season Vegas just had
There's so many factors. Each team lost 2 decent players in a few years. You can argue the franchise fee is enough but maybe buyouts are something to appease teams.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Kaut at 26 is a steal!.
Why don't u like him?

I haven't seen him outside of the WJC, just going off of what some others have said.

Now that isn't the best way to go about things, but there are players in that range that I really like. Berggren intrigues the f*** out of me.

Wahlstrom+Addison is a HR draft for me already.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
There's so many factors. Each team lost 2 decent players in a few years. You can argue the franchise fee is enough but maybe buyouts are something to appease teams.

I would be shocked if owners did not push for a couple of buyout options in return for the “quality players we are giving up in order to make instant contenders.”

It will be a demand.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Dfnj-QrU0AASJHJ.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad