Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Among our regular forwards, he only achieved a higher ATOI/GP than Haley, so it sounds like Quinn isnt sold on him yet either.

It's still way too soon but as of this point in time, he hasn't showed anything special unless you get style points for being big and strong

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Among our regular forwards, he only achieved a higher ATOI/GP than Haley, so it sounds like Quinn isnt sold on him yet either.
for better or worse, Quinn plays who and what practices. Gauthier coming over as late as he did meant he was behind in all that stuff so that's completely unsurprising.

im sure he's fine w/ him

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Chytil started the 2017 season with the Rangers.

Filip Chytil 2017-18 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

Because he made the team out of camp. But when it became clear he wasn't ready, the put him in the minors and left him there until he improved. And then this season, they started him there until he showed he could score there.

It's a dumb idea to go into camp with a plan of sending a guy to the minors no matter how he performs in camp.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
for better or worse, Quinn plays who and what practices. Gauthier coming over as late as he did meant he was behind in all that stuff so that's completely unsurprising.

im sure he's fine w/ him
Even after we lost Fast? His ATOI/GP went DOWN.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Even after we lost Fast? His ATOI/GP went DOWN.
he's young with practically no NHL experience. I think he has the least NHL experience on the roster. coaches play experience in the playoffs. this isn't new.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
he's young with practically no NHL experience. I think he has the least NHL experience on the roster. coaches play experience in the playoffs. this isn't new.

Where do you see him playing in the future?

I see him as a bottom 6 player

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Where do you see him playing in the future?

I see him as a bottom 6 player
he plays like I'd play a create a player winger in a video game. that's fun and sometimes flashy but he doesn't seem to have innate high end hockey sense. a lot of little stuff isn't there (in my limited viewing).

I think he's a bottom 9 player unless he's the designated heavy on a very skilled top line.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Was looking at faceoff stats and while he’s no more than a 4th liner Glendening may be a good pickup if they can get move Smith to Detroit . Wings could use a stop gap vet D

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Because he made the team out of camp. But when it became clear he wasn't ready, the put him in the minors and left him there until he improved. And then this season, they started him there until he showed he could score there.

It's a dumb idea to go into camp with a plan of sending a guy to the minors no matter how he performs in camp.

I was responding to this post of @rangers1314

And Kravtsov is 20.

I'm not sure I understand all the people projecting him in a top 9 role opening night next season.

Can we see him produce at the AHL level first?

Where I agreed, and gave examples of other prospects who probably should not have started on the opening night roster, a subjective opinion, one I held at the time. Him making the team out of camp was a subjective decision, them sending him back down after two games was too, yet the fact remains he was on the opening night roster not after seeing him produce at the AHL level first.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I'm really interested to see how free agency plays out this season. Those bottom 6 vets are going to get squeezed. There won't be any chasing money. That basically leaves location and cup chances as separating factors when the money isn't available.

I'm very content to be patient and let these young guys figure it out before I do anything drastic. But sprinkling a bargain PKer and some sand paper would be a great opportunity.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
After listening to JD and Gorton I get the feeling they are going to entertain moving DeAngelo for a LD

Can find a ufa 3rd pair RD for a year then add in Lundqvist when his seasons done

I still like Lindholm w the Ducks as a target and I bet they make moves

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
idk about anyone else but I'm pretty adamant that Gettinger, barring a terrible camp, should be on the Rangers full time next year. Seems like the perfect bottom 6 type for me and he's got some skill.

Agreed.

I'm not sure why he wasn't given any consideration to replace BM for games 1 & 2

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Edmonton seems like the most viable place to get a LHD. They got bounced early and have Klefbom, Nurse, and Jones down the left side with Broberg on the way. They basically have the same "problem" we do but on the opposite side of the ice.

Their needs seem to align well with ours as well. They need depth scoring and a goalie to challenge Koskinen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad