Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
I like Brendan Smith. He’d jump off a bridge to help the team win, and frankly I don’t think he’s really any worse than Skjei is. Guy’s eyes light up during interviews, you can tell how excited he is just to be part of the team.

I'd let this guy marry my girlfriend.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Not arguing that, but certainly not as bad as a lot of contracts that we've given out over the years.

If he's making 2.5-3/per, nobody cares. Thankfully we got rid of Skjei.
If Strome was making 3.5-4, few would care about that either. The cap hit is kind of the whole point.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I say this as a Strome fan...

Domi brings a lot more than just his points. He is "hard to play against" which I do think has quantifiable benefits, especially in the postseason.

Strome brings pretty much only points.
You know, I can't argue with this at all. He certainly has another dynamic. I guess if this were in play, I would like management to at least understand that Domi may not have an ability to stick around a team for a length of time, and he may not have the chemistry that Strome and Panarin have.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
This.

Last night, I thought Brendan Smith played like playoff Smith. That could be a good omen.
Regular season Smith is a big reason why there hasn’t been any playoffs for 'playoff Smith' to be in for the past few seasons.

Last edited:

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
How does one even have a productive contract negotiation with a player like Fast when a player like Smith is still on the roster at 4.35 annually.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ranger fans were/are so desperate to get out of the bad contracts from Sather, and now some are clamoring for Gorton to sign a new generation of bad contracts lol

It’s a vicious cycle
It is easy to decide what will constitute a bad contract when you are the sole arbiter of such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino