Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He doesn’t even really bring them. They are gifted to him.

No other center on our current roster besides Mika would have scored as many as Strome playing with Panarin.

It's like saying Rucchin would have scored 80 points playing with Jagr in 05-06 and 06-07. Just not true. Chemistry matters even if the talent balance is off. Think Brendan Morrison on the west coast express line with Naslund and Bertuzzi. There's a reason it wasn't Trevor Linden or Henrik Sedin on that line.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Hes not gagner....gagner was only of any use on the pp. People are way too salty about Strome. It's ok to say hes a good player.
Eh, Gagner still had 320 points at even strength. Strome’s a fine player, but he’s not someone who you need to bend over to keep on a team

Reactions: jas

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Then who is our 2nd line Center if we don't keep Strome and Chytil isn't ready? Definitely don't want Howden at 3C if Chytil moves up.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
koEnQ8d.jpg

4qbusU7.jpg

OruzKKC.jpg

0DpWySM.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Eh, Gagner still had 320 points at even strength. Strome’s a fine player, but he’s not someone who you need to bend over to keep on a team

Ya he's a fine player who will get paid as such, I don't know what the issue is, he isn't getting superstar money and if he can complete a 2nd line which he has proven, without giving up assets I have no idea what the problem is.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don’t really want to wade too deep into the Strome arguments, but Strome feels like a Sam Gagner to me in that he’s a pretty good passer but he’s not very good at anything else
This is too accurate lol

It’s astounding to me how little Strome gives a f*** about playing defense

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is too accurate lol

It’s astounding to me how little Strome gives a f*** about playing defense

He was 3rd among our forwards in PK ice time per game.

That doesn't mean he's good at it, but it says something about the coach's perspective.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
No other center on our current roster besides Mika would have scored as many as Strome playing with Panarin.

It's like saying Rucchin would have scored 80 points playing with Jagr in 05-06 and 06-07. Just not true. Chemistry matters even if the talent balance is off. Think Brendan Morrison on the west coast express line with Naslund and Bertuzzi. There's a reason it wasn't Trevor Linden or Henrik Sedin on that line.
Please, this is such a horrible comparison. Strome doesn’t fit in with any of those names.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Strome's roll on PP 1 is by far the least significant of all the guys on there.

If he wasn't on the team, he's probably his usual 35-40 point self. I don't see this fan base beating down the doors for a guy like that.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We need another LHS on the PP. Whether its Buch or Kakko... they need to be slotted in.

With his willingness to shoot last game ( yes its only 1 game ) I'd like to see Kakko.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Strome's roll on PP 1 is by far the least significant of all the guys on there.

If he wasn't on the team, he's probably his usual 35-40 point self. I don't see this fan base beating down the doors for a guy like that.

if he is a 70 point guy here, why do I care what he would do on another team by himself? and if he gets removed from panarin and becomes a 40 point 3C thats still not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad