• WN
  • Pool party
  • Justin Faulk
  • Adam Fox
  • Andreas Johnsson
  • Adrian Kempe
  • Jared McCann
  • Timo Meier
Take it for what it is worth... interest is chatter. I think the top 4 names are most realistic (naturally not all of them)
Who is WN?

And for the love of god, please stay as far away from Puljujarvi as possible. Not only do I think he is a going to be a huge bust, I can't handle seeing the stupid nickname of Pool party for the next X number of years.

Faulk is Marc Staal 2.0. He his foot speed is lacking. He is trending downward. No. No. No.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Ah. Another one I want to stay away from. He is a good player but he will cost more than he is worth. In the limited viewings I have had of Nylander, he doesn't seem like the type to be able to generate offense by himself in order to sustain that kind of production on a less skilled team.

Yeah, but if we get Nylander, it improves our chances of signing Panarin in free agency. All of a sudden a top line of Mika Panarin and Nylander would be filthy good.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m interested in Puljujarvi if the cost is something like Spooner/Namestnikov and DeAngelo

Which is possible with Chiarelli steering the ship

Reactions: TheTakedown

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah, but if we get Nylander, it improves our chances of signing Panarin in free agency. All of a sudden a top line of Mika Panarin and Nylander would be filthy good.
How does getting Nylander translate into a higher chance of getting Panaring?

I’m interested in Puljujarvi if the cost is something like Spooner/Namestnikov and DeAngelo

Which is possible with Chiarelli steering the ship

Okay. I stand corrected. If that is the cost, I am fine with it and you're right. It is possible with Chia in charge.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Can someone still explain to me why in the world they think Toronto would want to ship Nylander to the NYR?

Especially if its for a bunch of players that some seem to regularly think are some combination of lazy, crappy, overpaid, or all of the above and then some?

Last edited:
Reactions: Berserk

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Can someone still explain to me why in the world they think Toronto would want to ship Nylander to the NYR?

Especially if its for a bunch of players they seem to regularly think are some combination of lazy, crappy, overpaid, or all of the above and then some?
Cause all of our guys are great?

Or Dubas is a rookie GM and we’re looking to take the young bull for a ride?

I don’t believe these things, but I’m just spit balling here

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If Puljujarvi was drafted in the 2nd round instead of 4th OA, would anyone really be after him?

I'm not seeing the fascination with him.

The hopes and dreams attached to former high picks is very slow to die.

They always get the benefit of the doubt, there's always the belief that a change of scenery will be a turn around, or that the juice is worth the squeeze.

Pulujarvi has shown me very little since 2016 --- and not just at the NHL level. Even at the AHL level, I thought his first AHL season success was driven more by Lander than by Pulujarvi himself.

But it's also one of those subjects that you can present 3 pages of evidence and reasons not to do and people will give you a blank stare, blink, and then go right back to talking about the scenario they envision in their head.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
On the Rangers in general, Dreger said (TSN 1050):
  • "I think the Rangers are willing to consider just about anything because they are in the midst of a renovation."
  • The Rangers would potentially be interested in trying to move Mats Zuccarello or Kevin Hayes
  • The Leafs kicked tires on Ranger defenseman last season but things "pretty much stopped" when the Rangers asked for Kasperi Kapanen.
TSN host and former NHLer Carlo Colaiacovo said that he "loves the idea" of the Leafs adding, his former teammate, Kevin Shattenkirk. (TSN 1050)

Reactions: GodlyRangers

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Especially if its for a bunch of players they seem to regularly think are some combination of lazy, crappy, overpaid, or all of the above and then some?

I think with where both teams are at the moment, Toronto only trades Nylander for a guy like Skjei because of his value. But they already have enough LHD. Looking further, I think Zuccarello would be a good fit as a season-long rental. But the return for that won't include Nylander. If it's Zuccarello, I think it will be for a younger asset like Liljegren, Bracco, Johnsson etc.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’ll die if Shatty goes to the Leafs

I f***ing everything to do with that franchise

Also, lol at them pulling out on McDonagh when the Rangers asked about Kapanen

Talk about having your cake and eating it too

Reactions: TheTakedown

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’ll die if Shatty goes to the Leafs

I ****ing everything to do with that franchise

Also, lol at them pulling out on McDonagh when the Rangers asked about Kapanen

Talk about having your cake and eating it too

Well Lou was there and he’s an idiot.

Dubas knows what’s up. Unfortunately we won’t be able to pull a fast one on him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think with where both teams are at the moment, Toronto only trades Nylander for a guy like Skjei because of his value. But they already have enough LHD. Looking further, I think Zuccarello would be a good fit as a season-long rental. But the return for that won't include Nylander. If it's Zuccarello, I think it will be for a younger asset like Liljegren, Bracco, Johnsson etc.

And that's really what it comes down to for me.

I think the Leafs and Rangers do have some potential match-ups for a trade, but it would not be for Nylander.

I say that not only from a logical observation, but because I can also see us becoming fixated on Nylander and disappointed when a potential deal does not include him. Crazy concept I know, but something tells me it could happen.

Having said that, I think Zucc is potentially a very good fit for Toronto as a support player who doesn't carry a lot of risk or investment. Shattenkirk could also be on the table, but again, not for Nylander.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I see ADA was scratched again and looks to be sent down possibly. ..
Anderson needs to make the club hands down by next year.

This trade of Gortons has the potential to be a back breaking bust for this team. Going on 2 seasons without a solution for a 2C for this squad.

Being bad only works when you have the staff that can draft well.

They're off to a bad start here.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Ah. Another one I want to stay away from. He is a good player but he will cost more than he is worth. In the limited viewings I have had of Nylander, he doesn't seem like the type to be able to generate offense by himself in order to sustain that kind of production on a less skilled team.

Im on the fence with Nylander, and leaning towards no because of his ridiculous demands and the reason you note above about him requiring a superstar linemate to put up #'s. With that said, he is a talented player and these are the types of situations the Rangers need to keep their eye on going forward. There's only so much return you're going to get from trading away the few remaining valuable veteran pieces left on the team. Late 1st's and B prospects will help improve the depth but not get the team back to competing for a Stanley Cup. I'm not sure if Nylander is the right guy, but the Rangers should be targeting talented young players like him in precarious situations with their current teams.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And that's really what it comes down to for me.

I think the Leafs and Rangers do have some potential match-ups for a trade, but it would not be for Nylander.

I say that not only from a logical observation, but because I can also see us becoming fixated on Nylander and disappointed when a potential deal does not include him. Crazy concept I know, but something tells me it could happen.

Having said that, I think Zucc is potentially a very good fit for Toronto as a support player who doesn't carry a lot of risk or investment. Shattenkirk could also be on the table, but again, not for Nylander.

Remember how we traded away young players and picks because we were contending?

Duclair
Saarela
1st round picks 4 years in a row
2nd round picks several times

Now we are on the other side of the negotiations.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I see ADA was scratched again and looks to be sent down possibly. ..
Anderson needs to make the club hands down by next year.

This trade of Gortons has the potential to be a back breaking bust for this team. Going on 2 seasons without a solution for a 2C for this squad.

Being bad only works when you have the staff that can draft well.

They're off to a bad start here.

I still maintain that getting out of Stepan's NMC was a positive move long-term, but its cool if you want to play checkers and consider the trade decided after 16 months.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Remember how we traded away young players and picks because we were contending?

Duclair
Saarela
1st round picks 4 years in a row
2nd round picks several times

Now we are on the other side of the negotiations.

And understanding that just like those Rangers' teams were not looking to trade established stars for prospects, let alone suspects, other teams entering or in their window will not be looking to trade us their established stars for the pieces of the rebuild we aren't as passionate about.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I’d in an ideal world would love to add WN or kapanen but I doubt we have any pieces that the leafs would consider for either one of them at least anything we’d be willing to give them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad