Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I remember him playing at sports plus when I worked there for i think it was Team Maryland.

He literally tore apart the PAL team he was playing. He scored like 6 goals.

Oh man I miss Sports Plus. Learned how to skate there.

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
We lack a first pair defense man or top line forward(in the current lineup) combine that with other teams breaking out of preseason form and these games could start getting ugly. I am hoping we at least keep the games close. Regulation 1 goal losses are fine as long as we show effort.
Also hoping the young players show meaningful improvement as games move along. It was nice to hear Quinn is taking in game day breakfast with some young players.#bonding

Reactions: bernmeister

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I just looked and did some comparing. Outside of our goalie who is just about done due to age, NOT ONE OF OUR ITHER PLAYERS IS EVEN IN THE TOP 25 at their position. Not one

HOLY LACK OF TALENT

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I just looked and did some comparing. Outside of our goalie who is just about done due to age, NOT ONE OF OUR ITHER PLAYERS IS EVEN IN THE TOP 25 at their position. Not one

HOLY LACK OF TALENT

I would say that Kreider and Zuccarello are both in that conversation. Both of them would probably be in the 20-25 range though, if they did make the cut.

Kreider was 25th in P/GP from 15-16 to 17-18 among LWs over 100 games. Zuccarello was 13th among RWs in the same span.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I would say that Kreider and Zuccarello are both in that conversation. Both of them would probably be in the 20-25 range though, if they did make the cut.

Kreider was 25th in P/GP from 15-16 to 17-18 among LWs over 100 games. Zuccarello was 13th among RWs in the same span.
I respectfully disagree with both of them.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
DeAngelo clearly isn’t a piece for this team long term

The least Gorton can do is get Quinn to play the kid so we can move him

This is looking like a McIlrath all over again.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Some names I heard thrown around by NHL folks as in of NYR interest:
  • WN
  • Pool party
  • Justin Faulk
  • Adam Fox
  • Andreas Johnsson
  • Adrian Kempe
  • Jared McCann
  • Timo Meier
Take it for what it is worth... interest is chatter. I think the top 4 names are most realistic (naturally not all of them)

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Maybe I'm wrong, but I bet Lundqvist loves this compared to the last few seasons with AV. Getting shelled with high danger shots, open shooters in the slot. Now he's getting a ton of saves on easier shots, keeping his team in games, looking like the king instead of the heel. I think he is *relatively* happier.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
We lack a first pair defense man or top line forward(in the current lineup) combine that with other teams breaking out of preseason form and these games could start getting ugly. I am hoping we at least keep the games close. Regulation 1 goal losses are fine as long as we show effort.
Also hoping the young players show meaningful improvement as games move along. It was nice to hear Quinn is taking in game day breakfast with some young players.#bonding

f*** the effort.

#lughesforhughes

Reactions: Inferno

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
@RangerBoy

I don't think Hayes will yield Krug. I also don't see a reason for Boston to trade him unless he's demanding crazy money on his next deal. Chara isn't going to pay forever. Think this year or next is it for him. I could see Hayes getting one of Bjork or Heinen plus this year's 1st from Boston. They won't trade anyone of significance if they're making a run this year.

Cam York is going to be a top 15 pick next June. Maybe the best defensive prospect outside of Byram and Broberg thus far. Vlasic I have closer to the end of the 1st round. He's going to be a project.

Krug’s name is mentioned in many rumors. Don’t make it sound like Krug is an untouchable.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
How many more times will Kevin Hayes miss the net with his shot? Seriously.

Zuccarello is struggling so much the fans don’t even chant his name anymore.

The Rangers really screwed up the situation with these two. I guess the hope was they'd both pump up their values in the final year of their contracts, but how much could that possibly happen while they're playing with team titanic around them? They are destined to get a late first rounder and B prospect for these guys now, and thats if they're lucky.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hayes will still bring back value. He’s better than he’s shown.

Zucc otoh should have been moved before stepan. Disgusting that he’s still here.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The Rangers really screwed up the situation with these two. I guess the hope was they'd both pump up their values in the final year of their contracts, but how much could that possibly happen while they're playing with team titanic around them? They are destined to get a late first rounder and B prospect for these guys now, and thats if they're lucky.

I think that's probably what the going rate was all along for Zucc.

As for Hayes, I don't know if there was a clear alternative path.

He was in that grey area in terms of figuring out whether he was part of the long-term plans, or whether he'd be moved. Right now, he's definitely leaning towards being moved.

But I'm not sure there's a scenario where Hayes was both lighting the world on fire and being traded this season. Most likely the former would've precluded the former.

I think the "best case" trade scenario had Hayes in the 20-25 goal, 50+ range and traded for a first, a prospect and another prospect/pick. But I don't know if it was ever going to be a windfall, nor do I think a potential trade is terribly far off at this point. It's probably the third component that's most at risk in a potential Hayes deal.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Let's also keep in mind that a deal requires two teams.

So while the Rangers may have been willing to move some of the names mentioned in this thread, there might not have been a worthwhile deal on the table.

I think we tend to assume that the Rangers are just asleep behind the wheel and unwilling to make a move, but we rarely give enough thought to whether other teams had legitimate deals on the table, let alone whether the teams we're targeted in our fantasy trades were even interested in the players we seem to want to pawn off on them.

Reactions: pld459666

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Don’t hate the person, dislike the player, hate his cult.

He’s been straight up stanky booty for a year + now though. They should have maximized his value before moving other guys.

I think we have to be careful about creating a paradox for Rangers' trades.

It's hard to say in one sentence that a [insert player name] sucks and has sucked for a while, and then follow it up with the expectation that there was a good deal to made out there and now we can't maximize his value.

If the first part is true, there's a good possibility other teams would feel the same way.

If other teams feel the same way, there's not going to be a ton of value out there to be maximized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad