Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Shoot the damn thing! This isn't a beauty contest! :laugh:

This coach is so different from AV, no wonder the players (veterans) are in shock..

You'll disagree with me but THIS is exactly why I don't like seeing Zuccarello on the PP. The offense dies once it hit his stick.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have been lurking for a while now, but this is starting to be ridiculous.
Fact is Zucc has been terrible lately, and really should be demoted to spark a plug in his ass - at least from the PP1.

Your statements are starting to be insulting to Norwegian Rangers-fans.

I'm used to fanboys polluting forums with their rose-colored glass posts but this is on another level

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I kinda waffle back and forth on panarin...I guess it depends on which pick we get next year. If we get Hughes..then adding panarin accelerates everything. But our defense still needs help. A lot of this depends on what deadline moves we make. I'd expect a bloodbath this tdl

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Cap space for what?

To sign more bad contracts?

The same people who wanted Shattankirk and every other big name now want Panarin. That's not going to change anything.

The Rangers have so much work to do with their team.

Gorton needs to rip the team down to the foundation and they build it back up again.

Gorton talked about "timing" last week when he was asked about free agency. He would look to add a player when the Rangers had their pieces in place and that player could help them take the next step.

Check back in 2-3 years when all of the young guys are of legal drinking age.

It is strange to me too, looking at the lists of past free agent signings, it looks like lists of contracts people like to make fun of.

2016 NHL Free Agents Tracker

2015 NHL Free Agents Tracker

2014 NHL Free Agents Tracker

2013 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Reactions: GodlyRangers

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I have been lurking for a while now, but this is starting to be ridiculous.
Fact is Zucc has been terrible lately, and really should be demoted to spark a plug in his ass - at least from the PP1.

Your statements are starting to be insulting to Norwegian Rangers-fans.

Cut the crap, he has 2 points in 3 games. So on pace for another 60.

He's just fine, and the coach actually likes him a lot, said his training camp was outstanding.

What Norwegian fans do is to put the Zucc-haters on ignore, and I should do the same.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

He's just fine, and the coach actually likes him a lot, said his training camp was outstanding.

What Norwegian fans do is to put the Zucc-haters on ignore, and I should do the same.
Whatever you say Bergen Bernt.

bagdad-bob.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
@Inferno I think our D will sort itself out internally. With skjei and DeAngelo and perhaps pionk we should have 1/3 of a top 6 locked down.

I’m confident that lindgren and Hajek become regulars. Keane looks like a stud. That’s before even getting to the 2 other guys we took in the first round last year.

Help is on the way.

I'm used to fanboys polluting forums with their rose-colored glass posts but this is on another level

I’m looking forward to all of the Zuccettes migrating to their new board after he’s traded more than what we’ll end up getting back for Zucc himself.

Crapshoot

May 30, 2014

Most invalid argument ever. Points doesn’t always measure how good someone is playing. You can rack up an assist if you whiff on a puck in your own corner, and someone else is doing the breakout pass for the rush.

We all know how good he can be, but he’s not living up to these expectations right now. Let’s call a spade a spade.

But I see ya @Amazing Kreiderman, probably should go back to lurking instead of this.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Cap space for what?

To sign more bad contracts?

The same people who wanted Shattankirk and every other big name now want Panarin. That's not going to change anything.

The Rangers have so much work to do with their team.

Gorton needs to rip the team down to the foundation and they build it back up again.

Gorton talked about "timing" last week when he was asked about free agency. He would look to add a player when the Rangers had their pieces in place and that player could help them take the next step.

Check back in 2-3 years when all of the young guys are of legal drinking age.

RB, do you think we should really wait 2-3 years before dabbling in the UFA market?

For me, there are lots of assumptions, if ths isteam still has all of Smith, Staal and Shattenkirk on defense, then of course, don't go spend big money on a UFA. If Hayes, Zuccarello, Shattenkirk and one of Smith/Staal are gone before the beginning of next season, Gorton will have some flexibility to start truly rebuilding this roster. That would also mean he should have added another glut of good, young prospects to this organization through trades and the draft by that time.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Most invalid argument ever. Points doesn’t always measure how good someone is playing. You can rack up an assist if you whiff on a puck in your own corner, and someone else is doing the breakout pass for the rush.

We all know how good he can be, but he’s not living up to these expectations right now. Let’s call a spade a spade.

But I see ya @Amazing Kreiderman, probably should go back to lurking instead of this.

You have 1 like in 81 posts, that's quite an achievement :laugh:

I think you should let the coach decide how good Zucc is, and if he should be benched or not.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I kinda waffle back and forth on panarin...I guess it depends on which pick we get next year. If we get Hughes..then adding panarin accelerates everything. But our defense still needs help. A lot of this depends on what deadline moves we make. I'd expect a bloodbath this tdl
I tend to agree.

Panarin is no doubt elite... the question becomes r we wasting him on an team not ready to truly compete.

Our defense really needs help and I’m fairly sure it YEARS from being legit.

Reactions: Off Sides

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Keep in mind that you're not adding Panarin in a vacuum. If this team adds Panarin in the off-season, it's not just the current roster minus Hayes and plus Panarin. If GMJG decides to add Panarin, [jfc] in my opinion, it's a clear "we're going for it again" move, and he'll make other adjustments as well to improve the team immediately.

Last edited:

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Keep in mind that you're not adding Panarin in a vacuum. If this team adds Panarin in the off-season, it's not just the current roster minus Hayes and plus Panarin. If GMJG decides to add Panarin, it's a clear "we're going for it again" move, and he'll make other adjustments as well to improve the team immediately.
And isn’t that the issue?

No one will say Panarin won’t help. The question is “Is that’s best for the team in the long run?”

Those “other” moves scare the shit outta me.

We did this with Hank and it got us close but no cigar status.

Rushing this rebuild and screwing it up is the worst thing we could do. Again not against Panarin just worried about what aquiring him does to the mindset.

If we start trading young assets and or picks to try to accelerate fixing the D I may freak out

Reactions: Off Sides

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
And isn’t that the issue?

No one will say Panarin won’t help. The question is “Is that’s best for the team in the long run?”

Those “other” moves scare the **** outta me.

We did this with Hank and it got us close but no cigar status.

Rushing this rebuild and screwing it up is the worst thing we could do. Again not against Panarin just worried about what aquiring him does to the mindset.

If we start trading young assets and or picks to try to accelerate fixing the D I may freak out
In my opinion, if you don't have faith in the organization to 'go for it' and become a competitor instantly after singing Panarin, then you shouldn't have faith in them to properly construct a rebuild, either.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
To me rebuild means not mortgaging the future with trades/picks. Signing a big UFA is ok in concept, cause we're not giving up assets. If they feel the only way they can build a team is with several years of top 3 picks, then we're in trouble.

Many teams field competitive teams and draft well enough to keep great players moving through the system.

To me, it's just as important to nail Brett Pesce over Adam Tambellini as it is to stack your odds in a lottery. We've failed in areas beyond just not having top 5 1st rounders and I think the narrow focus on that point as the measuring stick for a rebuild is shortsighted. (I use Pesce as the example bc he was a local kid who was picked one spot after we picked Tambellini.)

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Keep in mind that you're not adding Panarin in a vacuum. If this team adds Panarin in the off-season, it's not just the current roster minus Hayes and plus Panarin. If GMJG decides to add Panarin, it's a clear "we're going for it again" move, and he'll make other adjustments as well to improve the team immediately.
Stop raining on my parade, I want to do A without doing B.

Trade Hayes, Zucc, Vesey, Smith and Pionk for picks/prospects. Bring over Chesty, Kravtsov and Rykov. Bring up Chad, Salma and Keane. Sign Panarin ($9.5M AAV). Sign Buchnevich and DeAngelo on long-term deals. LTIR Staal.

Panarin-Chytil-Andersson
Kreider-Zibanejad-Spooner
Buchnevich-Howden-Kravtsov
Beleskey-Namestnikov-Fast
13F

Skjei-DeAngelo
Hajek-Shattenkirk
Rykov-Keane
Claesson

Lundqvist
Shesterkin

That has probably somehow less than 0% chance of actually happening, and even then I'm probably way too optimistic about how that team would perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad