Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part VII: Now with less frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think he’s saying that there are a lot 4-5-6 type defensemen. So it’s not wise to sign those guys long term. I’m sure everyone agrees it’s fine to sign a star defenseman to a long term deal.

That's fine...but hardly newsworthy since there are also a lot of bottom 6 forwards available. Yet he suggests you shouldn't use 1st round picks on Dmen for this reason, which makes little sense. As if first paid D are just sitting around as UFAs waiting for a call.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
cut.jpg

rangers_rookies.jpg

Keep loading up in 1sts. Add another 1 or 2 for 2019.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brett C is in his summer form. The whole article is propped up by a few quotes from Chris Drury but the way these are captured - you need to read a few times for them to make sense. Then he thinks that Rykov will be in the Rangers preseason camp and, I think, he was writing about Keane but instead he called him Ragnarsson.

Cyrgalis is a moron. Rykov? :laugh: Yeah, he won't be in NA because he's not eligible to come over. But hey, this is the same guy that said we could protect Antti Raanta in the expansion draft because Jesper Fast was out injured.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Plugging the Holes: A Look at the Rangers’ PTO Options

not sure if Brouwer would want to sign here, but he would be a good physical player with scoring ability and leadership for 4th/3rd line and we would likely get a 3rd or 4th rounder if we decide to move him at the deadline.

Stempniak makes no sense here.

Wingels not really something we need.

Franson also makes no sense because we are overloaded with defensemen.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Plugging the Holes: A Look at the Rangers’ PTO Options

not sure if Brouwer would want to sign here, but he would be a good physical player with scoring ability and leadership for 4th/3rd line and we would likely get a 3rd or 4th rounder if we decide to move him at the deadline.

Stempniak makes no sense here.

Wingels not really something we need.

Franson also makes no sense because we are overloaded with defensemen.
One of Hartnell or Brouwer for around 1m makes sense. Is Hartnell still unsigned btw? Then McLeod can play in Hartford “to protect the kids”.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I wouldn’t sign any of the free agents. No need to. Give that ice time to one of the kids that earns it in camp.

Reactions: cheech70

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brouwer and Stewart are as useful as a lifeguard at an Olympic swimming event.

Hartnell would be nice.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Here’s a crazy idea- Beleskey, whom we already own at a good dollar amount, who is younger, not broken, not retiring, and has already gotten to know our kids. How many people do you need for that role? We already have two under contract.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Character guys who for different reasons would be ok with smaller contracts, to them the Rangers are not a (good) first option. But if they can’t find a roster spot on a contender now then the Rangers could be their launching pad to be a TD trade to a contender.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here’s a crazy idea- Beleskey, whom we already own at a good dollar amount, who is younger, not broken, not retiring, and has already gotten to know our kids. How many people do you need for that role? We already have two under contract.

As a "role," zero.

Whether or not it's something a team should have is not a hill I'm going to die on, but the designated position of "gritty guy" who is otherwise a bad hockey player belongs in 1986.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad