Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You don’t think you’re underrating ADA, but you say he doesn’t fetch Theodore, who is older and produces less.

You say he won’t fetch Glass and his significant injury history, or Krebs despite drafting Brossoit.

In your mind, what exactly is a market return for ADA?

I watch as many NYR & VGK games as possible, & IMO, ADA's points don't balance the scales to the important minutes that Theodore plays for Vegas. I really like ADA for what he is, but I consider him more of a 4/5, where Theodore is a solid 1st pair D.

My feeling since these talks leaked that I would be shocked if Tuch was part of the return, but I never said Krebs or Glass were off the table. Clearly one of them needs to be in the deal. I haven't seen Krebs play, so I can't say who I'd rather have. In the limited time I've seen Glass, I really like what he can do, but injuries are an issue. I trust the Rangers to make a better choice than I would.

The forwards Vegas would prefer to move are Stasny & Marchessault, but I doubt the Rangers have interest in either as a return for ADA. Nor should they. I'm sure Martinez, McNabb & Schmidt are all available, but again I can't see them as guys Gorton wants. I can say with certainty that Theodore isn't on the table. The Knights get no cap relief trading futures, and the Rangers want roster players as the return. Bottom line, I'm not sure if there's a deal to be made between the two teams.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I will say I don't think people need to worry about Vegas as a landing spot for Tony.

By all accounts Vegas and Pietrangelo have been talking, and Vegas is aggressively trying to clear space for something. Pretty easy to put the pieces together.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Matt Martin would not be the worst signing ever but not good either

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I watch as many NYR & VGK games as possible, & IMO, ADA's points don't balance the scales to the important minutes that Theodore plays for Vegas. I really like ADA for what he is, but I consider him more of a 4/5, where Theodore is a solid 1st pair D.

My feeling since these talks leaked that I would be shocked if Tuch was part of the return, but I never said Krebs or Glass were off the table. Clearly one of them needs to be in the deal. I haven't seen Krebs play, so I can't say who I'd rather have. In the limited time I've seen Glass, I really like what he can do, but injuries are an issue. I trust the Rangers to make a better choice than I would.

The forwards Vegas would prefer to move are Stasny & Marchessault, but I doubt the Rangers have interest in either as a return for ADA. Nor should they. I'm sure Martinez, McNabb & Schmidt are all available, but again I can't see them as guys Gorton wants. I can say with certainty that Theodore isn't on the table. The Knights get no cap relief trading futures, and the Rangers want roster players as the return. Bottom line, I'm not sure if there's a deal to be made between the two teams.
Theodore has been used as a 2nd pairing defenseman not too dissimilar from ADA, and there are some concerning things about him like why Vegas has scored more goals with him off the ice than on the ice for the past 2 years. It would probably benefit Vegas to swap him for ADA, who actually is elite at producing goals.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lundkvist + for Cirelli

Panarin Zibs Buch
Lafreniere Cirelli Gauthier
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Lemieux Howden Barron/Grabner

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Theodore has been used as a 2nd pairing defenseman not too dissimilar from ADA, and there are some concerning things about him like why Vegas has scored more goals with him off the ice than on the ice for the past 2 years. It would probably benefit Vegas to swap him for ADA, who actually is elite at producing goals.

The light went on for Theodore when DeBoer took over the job. Look up his stats in these playoffs or since mid February. Gallant had him playing with Engellend for long stretches.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
How is that a no? A great 2-way center who's 23 for a top prospect, but a prospect and at a position we have a lot of talent at.
Lundkvist is one of the best prospects in the NHL right now and trending up. If we are trading him I'd rather it be for someone like Zegras or to land a bigger fish. Just because we have a lot of RHD doesn't mean we have to settle on their value.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think Cirelli is very overrated on this board. Lundkvist is a top 10 defensive prospect in the league. If we are using him as bait then we should be aiming higher.
Oh, well then we just disagree on Cirelli. That's fine. I think he is exactly what we need and fits the timeframe we are in perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad