Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nils Lundkvist better turn out pretty goddamn good the way he is regarded on here.

If we had a 23-year-old center who just scored 44 points while playing Selke-caliber defense you’d all be losing your f***ing minds. :laugh:

Expectations for Nils should be Neal Pionk give or take a bit, anything else is ridiculous.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Exactly. I’m not paying 3 yrs/$6M for Clifford vs. 1/$1M for Martin.

Like it or not, JD is adding a player or 2 like this.

Clifford will probably go back to LA.

Depending on how important it is to MM to stay in the area, I doubt he settles on a 1 year deal.

I really, really hope we're not here this time tomorrow blowing our brains out over the 2yr/2.1AAV deal we just gave Matt Martin.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Nils Lundkvist better turn out pretty goddamn good the way he is regarded on here.

If we had a 23-year-old center who just scored 44 points while playing Selke-caliber defense you’d all be losing your f***ing minds. :laugh:

if we had a 24 year-old center who just scored 44 points, received one Selke vote from Linda Cohn, playing behind Zibanejad and a 22 year-old center who looks like he could be the future 1C of the team, and had other positions we needed to strengthen, and the player wanted a $7M+ deal... i already forgot where i was going with this

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Ola

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey

Depending on how important it is to MM to stay in the area, I doubt he settles on a 1 year deal.

I really, really hope we're not here this time tomorrow blowing our brains out over the 2yr/2.1AAV deal we just gave Matt Martin.
I don’t see it. AAV might be higher but they’ll get Martin for 1 year.

I can see JD pushing for a 4th line of:

Martin-Howden-Reaves = board implosion

Reactions: Daves a mess

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I'm looking at our stacked prospect pool, and instead of dwelling on that positive, I am still grinning over the fact that I don't have to see Marc Staal falling over our prone goalie as the puck sits in the back of the net.

Loving the middle finger to NJ with the 19th pick.
Schneider looks like a player.

Henrik in a home Cap jersey tomm?
Martin in Ranger blue?

I'm OK with Strome for 1 year. Some team will def overpay for his services at the deadline.

Wow. First post in 6 years. I used to be "Happy Hour" back in 2005 here.

Good to be back.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
if we had a 24 year-old center who just scored 44 points, received one Selke vote from Linda Cohn, playing behind Zibanejad and a 22 year-old center who looks like he could be the future 1C of the team, and had other positions we needed to strengthen, and the player wanted a $7M+ deal... i already forgot where i was going with this
Well don’t ask me. :laugh:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Can someone please tell me the Matt Martin stuff isn’t real.

When has signing a past prime, especially physical player from a rival ever worked for the Rangers? Another LW too. This is a bad over correction.

i said it a few weeks ago don’t be surprised if he’s signed. Lot of chatter about it

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

Considering his wife is from the area, he is a new father, and he clearly has some roots here now it may matter to him whether fans like it or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad