Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Kempny out for 6-8 months. Yet another landing spot for ADA

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
@HatTrick Swayze - From the last thread..
Agreed. Just cant wrap my mind around opening up a hole like that a C. Who is going to be a better option than Strome at around~$4M? I guess "someone".

Could be that the team is expecting some other guys to hit the open market. Maybe a guy like Wennberg or Turris if he's bought out. Seems to be talk that some unexpected names will go without getting QO's, so the team might just want the cap space available to pick up some bargains. Maybe you can get Virtanen and Turris/Wennberg for the same price as Strome's QO / arbitration award.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Domi return (or lack thereof) kind of sets the tone for it being a buyers market when it comes to players with salary.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
On the performance bonus cushion, I don't think it's a big deal. Yes the Rangers cap will be reduced by $3-4m. However the team almost certainly doesn't want to have any earned bonuses carry over to next season. So realistically they should be planning for about $3m in actual earned bonuses this year (most of the "A" bonuses for their best ELC's) and lowering spending accordingly. Which just happens to be about the same amount as the reduction in cap space due to maxing out the performance bonus cushion.

Last edited:

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Numerology suggests 8 is the optimum number for the name "Lafreniere" Trouba, I'm looking at you.
When 8 is associated with a Lafreniere this is the numerology report.
You have the power and potential to achieve great things. It is both your challenge and your birthright to gain dominion over a small part of the earth. Whatever your enterprise, you strive to be the best and most successful in your field. You are highly competitive and will not rest until you are satisfied that you have bypassed the opposition. You enjoy challenges and rivalry. You are a realist and a visionary planner.”
Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad