Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Would love to give Wennberg a look. I think he'd sign with us.
What would his salary look like compared to Strome's? If it's not a big difference I'd rather take the guy I know can put up 70 points with Panarin than a guy who can only play defense. I know defense is more important for us but unless the Rangers already have Chytil locked into 2C then I'd rather just keep Strome one year.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I can see Lemieux and Martin on the 4th line. They would definitely be a pest to play against.

This would be my lines.

Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Kreider-Zibby-Buchnevich
Lafreniere-Chytil-Gauthier
Lemieux-McKegg-Martin

If Lafreniere is showing solid development. I would try Laf on the second line and try Kreider RW while bumping Buch to third line.
If McKegg has a roster spot still come next season then we really had an awful offseason.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can someone please tell me the Matt Martin stuff isn’t real.

When has signing a past prime, especially physical player from a rival ever worked for the Rangers? Another LW too. This is a bad over correction.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
He was qualified. Pretty clear Gorts was trying to trade him and didn't get a convincing offer.

If I was an opposing GM I'd be looking at Strome as a one-hit wonder at this point. Pretty risky proposition and Gorton is probably looking at it that way, too. I mean, if this goes to arbitration and, let's say, he's awarded 4.75M/season on a 2 year deal (probably in the ballpark) - you signing him or letting him walk? I'm doing the latter.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I watch as many NYR & VGK games as possible, & IMO, ADA's points don't balance the scales to the important minutes that Theodore plays for Vegas. I really like ADA for what he is, but I consider him more of a 4/5, where Theodore is a solid 1st pair D.

My feeling since these talks leaked that I would be shocked if Tuch was part of the return, but I never said Krebs or Glass were off the table. Clearly one of them needs to be in the deal. I haven't seen Krebs play, so I can't say who I'd rather have. In the limited time I've seen Glass, I really like what he can do, but injuries are an issue. I trust the Rangers to make a better choice than I would.

The forwards Vegas would prefer to move are Stasny & Marchessault, but I doubt the Rangers have interest in either as a return for ADA. Nor should they. I'm sure Martinez, McNabb & Schmidt are all available, but again I can't see them as guys Gorton wants. I can say with certainty that Theodore isn't on the table. The Knights get no cap relief trading futures, and the Rangers want roster players as the return. Bottom line, I'm not sure if there's a deal to be made between the two teams.
Good info, my thinking between these 2 teams is as follows:
- any trade would have to be cap neutral or benefit LV
- assume that ADA is worth 5.5-6 in cap

Any trade would almost have to include a retained Stastny. We could get McNabb (2.5) and say Statsny at 4.5. allows us to deal Strome to the highest bidder and have more cap room. Problem is that’s not enough for ADA, so we want to add Glass or Krebs (say it’s Krebs because Glass moves up C depth chart) fine but now we have to add to ADA. I think that add comes in the form of a Howton who back fills a C need and maybe another decent prospect like Skinner. So does this make sense for both teams?

McNabb/Stastny (2 mil retained)/Krebs for ADA/Howton/Skinner

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If I was an opposing GM I'd be looking at Strome as a one-hit wonder at this point. Pretty risky proposition and Gorton is probably looking at it that way, too. I mean, if this goes to arbitration and, let's say, he's awarded 4.75M/season on a 2 year deal (probably in the ballpark) - you signing him or letting him walk? I'm doing the latter.

I believe we can elect a one-year award.

And if so, I take that for now and look into trading Strome at the deadline, where he will most certainly have value to a contender. This TDL is gonna be a huge sellers market with how cap strapped competitors are right now. They're gonna be adding those prorated rentals like mad.

Reactions: Off Sides

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
this is pretty typical for you. Kravtsov isn’t even in that lineup yet but you found a reason to complain I rushed him into replacing a player lol.

Barron is going to be on this team. Rangers did not convince him to sign to go to the AHL. I can pretty much guarantee you that. But if you want to flip him with Lemieux go ahead makes no difference .

And as has been pointed out many times including the very last game they played. Kreider has switched over to right wing multiple times without issue.

I didn’t even see who posted it, but I knew already it was him. Lmao. “OMG, HES NOT READY!!! WE CANT TRY IT TO SEE IF IT WORKS!!!”

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Strome can't get a two year deal in arbitration. He's one year away from UFA.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Theodore is a total fluke. He has limited offensive ability. His fluke offensive output in the playoffs was very much like McDonagh's.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
If you watch Theodore his only PP move is floating a wrist shot at the net and hoping it goes in. He's been very lucky in the last couple of playoffs. He has a very good PP supporting cast and it has carried his limit skilled behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad