Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Who hates him?

I’m genuinely curious how good he’s supposed to be because I haven’t followed him a lot.
I was just doing a quick scan and it seemed like people were hating.

I think he is certainly one of the best defensive prospects playing outside of the NHL.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I was just doing a quick scan and it seemed like people were hating.

I think he is certainly one of the best defensive prospects playing outside of the NHL.
Proposing to trade him for Anthony Cirelli is not hating him. Cirelli is very good and is exactly what we need.

Ok one guy compared him to Neal Pionk, so I’ll give you that lol.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Proposing to trade him for Anthony Cirelli is not hating him. Cirelli is very good and is exactly what we need.

Ok one guy compared him to Neal Pionk, so I’ll give you that lol.
I didn't see that. I'm certainly not against trading him for the right deal. I'm not against trading anyone except Laf, Kak and Fox.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Nils is better than Pionk will ever be.

he shouldn’t be untouchable though.

Respectfully, I do think this a bit nonsense. Pionk just had 45 pts in the NHL. Lundkvist is a upper echelon D in the SHL, but definitely not — yet — anything special. He is far from a lock to be like top 20 in the vore for Salming Trophy (Norris in Sweden). Good SHL D who had inflated numbers last season due to being the only RHS option.

Like seriously, bunch of ppl saw him in the WJC, he wasn’t voted best D for Sweden, he was hardly dominating. He had a very good tournament — but that’s it. Not more not less. It’s not like expectations for Ds with that type of performance at a WJC should be through the roof. Not should they be based on his — play — in the SHL. What you got is D production, but that is what it is. Little say less than the production of a defender.

Just watch him play, he is hardly a dominating skater. He is an OK, not great skater. He is listed between 5’10-11.

I like him a lot, but the way I describe his potential is how I honestly evaluate him (right or wrong). It’s not hyperbole in either direction. I am just saying, there is no reason whatsoever to expect him to come in and become a really special top 3 defender in the NHL. If he can become someone like Pionk who can perform OK in a top 4 role — that is great.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I guess I’m just slightly annoyed because people keep going to the Trade board and posting insane stuff.
Nothing sane is ever posted there. There are also no sane responses. Honestly that board should be for rumors, trades and player signings only. The trade proposals are useless and are just an exercise in futility. Even if someone agrees to a proposal, what's the point?

Reactions: Cawlidge Hawkey

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If we want Cirelli, and TB doesn't want to trade him, and TB is going to offer him a "sweetheart deal" we can just offersheet him for much more money than TB would. Whether or not we will is besides the point he is readily available if we want to explore it.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Alway thought that Rupp wasn’t a horrible player for us, could hold down a shift

he wasn't bad just thought he would be better in my opinion although, i was a fan of his along with Prust and Carcillo. Chris Simon was a good signing and trade for Barnaby for Cigar during those dark years was a solid trade. players like that are still useful. prefer a skilled guy like Dubinsky always was a fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad