Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Shouldn't come as a surprise, until he publicly asks out Buffalo has no reason to trade him for anything less than a kings ransom. At that point it is possible Buffalo would be a bit more realistic.

The Rangers can build a contender without Eich. Might take longer to get there, but there are other ways to build out a contender.

If Herman’s tweet is true, then you know there’s more smoke to the fire. Essentially this is a leak, and usually it’s a sliver into public negotiations that the rookie GM’s is going to face. If it means making it such that Eich has to comply and come back to camp, I’m sure Jack and his crew can figure out their way around this.

Yashin was the last hockey player to do this, but you saw it in basketball with Kawhi Leonard.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Tampa ate 700k a year off of Gourdes remaining 5 years, I'd be all over it.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If Tampa is giving me something to take this contract, I might have some interest. He’s a pretty good hockey player

I'd be interested if that 'something' was cirelli or seragachev and then I had a second deal to trade Johnson to another team for anything. lol

why would we help tampa by taking that awful contract?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Johnson has a full NTC. Why do them any favors? A losing team would have to acquire him, no contender is paying/or has the room for $5M of Johnson.. at 4 more years

Live in a beautiful city, winning with a great home crowd and no state tax.... or get traded to Ottawa or Edmonton...

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I'd be interested if that 'something' was cirelli or seragachev and then I had a second deal to trade Johnson to another team for anything. lol

why would we help tampa by taking that awful contract?
Depends. What are they giving the Rangers? If indeed this is tied to Strome, The what would we be getting for him? Johnson is a pretty good hockey player. It’s all probably a long shot but Johnson isn't going to be gung ho about a trade to Detroit or Ottawa.

For instance, give me a first in 2021 and a second in 2022. Then I ship Strome to Ottawa for two seconds. That would you a ton of draft capital to go get something you really want.

Reactions: BBKers

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Depends. What are they giving the Rangers? If indeed this is tied to Strome, The what would we be getting for him? Johnson is a pretty good hockey player. It’s all probably a long shot but Johnson isn't going to be gung ho about a trade to Detroit or Ottawa.

is he good though? had 30 points in 65 games. doesn't win faceoffs. doesn't kill penalties.

sounds to me like a lateral move from strome at best, a huge downgrade if he doesn't have chemistry with Panarin. but johnson is 3 years older and already signed to the nightmare contract that we are trying to avoid giving to strome.

I don't see anything to like about it.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
is he good though? had 30 points in 65 games. doesn't win faceoffs. doesn't kill penalties.

sounds to me like a lateral move from strome at best, a huge downgrade if he doesn't have chemistry with Panarin. but johnson is 3 years older and already signed to the nightmare contract that we are trying to avoid giving to strome.

I don't see anything to like about it.

Yeah, don't want any part of Johnson and that contract. He showed nothing in the playoffs.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
So far, the word is they are hesitant to give him a long term deal.

Ottawa could be a possible destination if they move him.
Makes sense, but not offering a QO just yet is the interesting part for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad