Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Does Alex Galchenyuk have anything left? Just thinking that if the assessment of Strome is as a pure-offense guy who can put up numbers stapled to the right players, but not someone who should play a big role on a contender, maybe that's something they can find in the bargain basement. I just remembered the guy existed because I saw him in someone else's Youtube highlights video.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I’m a little slow here but the QO thing makes a lot of sense w Strome due to his arb rights.

If they qualify him, he can elect arbitration correct? For a 1 year deal that takes him to UFA (that will be much higher than his QO)?

If they are shopping him, I’m sure the acquiring team would want or be willing to give up more for a negotiating window before the QO is issued and Strome can essentially walk himself to UFA. So it would make sense to wait to the deadline to give him an offer based on if anyone steps up to trade for him.

So yea I expect this is purely to try to help his trade value. If a deal doesn’t happen I absolutely expect he will be qualified at the deadline.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You got mine. What’s your chess.com username?
I stopped playing online Chess about 2015 when I got divorced. Vivs? Vivs1980? Vivs7? NYNick? I don’t even remember my username but I had about 33k games on my last account.

I played a lot of chess from 2000-2015. It helped me strategize a plan to get out of my marriage, lol.

Mission Accomplished! :DD

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Does Alex Galchenyuk have anything left? Just thinking that if the assessment of Strome is as a pure-offense guy who can put up numbers stapled to the right players, but not someone who should play a big role on a contender, maybe that's something they can find in the bargain basement. I just remembered the guy existed because I saw him in someone else's Youtube highlights video.
Bro Chucky is done. He had 1 great year, years ago and Habs fans thought they had the next Gretzky.

lol. Dumbasses.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So far they have been hesitant to give him a long term deal.

With regards to the QO, don’t entirely know what’s going on there. Possibly close to a roster move.
maybe I took it the wrong way... hesitant made me think they were actually contemplating about a long term deal

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
No.

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Grenada
I stopped playing online Chess about 2015 when I got divorced. Vivs? Vivs1980? Vivs7? NYNick? I don’t even remember my username but I had about 33k games on my last account.

I played a lot of chess from 2000-2015. It helped me strategize a plan to get out of my marriage, lol.

Haha ok. And my marriage is done as well. Sad you are “retired” but for now we can enjoy Rangers chess. :)

Reactions: Kupo

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Grenada

PS love the FF usernames

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Always got to be a few moves ahead of them. ;)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'd rather take a flyer on Nikita Filatov than Galchenyuk

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
He never had anything in the first place

Reactions: Section311

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You didn’t watch the same playoffs that I did.
I'm pretty sure I did. I would take Gourde over Johnson in a heartbeat. He scored 7 points and a minus 6. A team with immense talent and scoring ability. He was a beast in the 2014-2015 playoffs. He just didn't look very effective at all against the islanders or dallas.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What’s he done since then?
All I said is it's amazing he scored 30 goals at 21. Amazing as in it's surreal he scored 30 not amazing as in he's an incredible player. I realize he's done nothing since and is a liability in many other facets of the game. He belongs in the KHL not on the Rangers.

Reactions: egelband

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Gourde and Johnson are on contracts that don't fit for the Rangers. They aren't top 6 players, and paying bottom 6 players 5M is bad business. Tampa was able to work around it the last couple of seasons, but now the day of reckoning for handing out NTCs like candy has come. Maybe they can work out of it, who knows, but neither player is really a fit for the Rangers.

I don't know why the focus would be on taking their older and overpaid players versus working on getting Sergachev or Cirelli. One of those players would actually help the Rangers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gourde and Johnson are on contracts that don't fit for the Rangers. They aren't top 6 players, and paying bottom 6 players 5M is bad business. Tampa was able to work around it the last couple of seasons, but now the day of reckoning for handing out NTCs like candy has come. Maybe they can work out of it, who knows, but neither player is really a fit for the Rangers.

I don't know why the focus would be on taking their older and overpaid players versus working on getting Sergachev or Cirelli. One of those players would actually help the Rangers.
Yeah a bit too much for Gourde but really would love to develop a player like him. Non stop motor with some skill and obviously had a terrific postseason when it counted. I totally understand him not being a top 2 center and thus not worth paying him 5 million. Cirelli is only 23 so I guess his upside is greater than someone like Gourde's but Gourde to me really stood out in the playoffs.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
All I said is it's amazing he scored 30 goals at 21. Amazing as in it's surreal he scored 30 not amazing as in he's an incredible player. I realize he's done nothing since and is a liability in many other facets of the game. He belongs in the KHL not on the Rangers.
I’ve never seen so much talent go to waste. He had me and everyone else here in Phoenix pulling their hair out over the season he had here. His NHL career is probably over

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I’ve never seen so much talent go to waste. He had me and everyone else here in Phoenix pulling their hair out over the season he had here. His NHL career is probably over
Yeah for sure. Looks like they didn't get much back for Domi. He even scored a huge overtime goal against us in game 3 of the ECF. I think it the puck just bounced off of him and in as he drove the net.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What do you think about Domi? Does he have potential to be a very good 2c on a good team (Hopefully us very soon). Been debating with Montreal fans. They feel he can be (I just think they wanna pump up his trade value lol) I think he is a good player but not a very good 2C going forward. Might even be a bit better on the wing.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
What do you think about Domi? Does he have potential to be a very good 2c on a good team (Hopefully us very soon). Been debating with Montreal fans. They feel he can be (I just think they wanna pump up his trade value lol) I think he is a good player but not a very good 2C going forward. Might even be a bit better on the wing.
If Domi was/is really a 2C, Habs fans would want Lafreniere + for him.

I like Domi. A lot. I think he’d make a freaking terrific 3C. I’d rather have Strome short term over him as a stop gap 2c though.

There’s no in between with Domi. Imo, he thinks he’s a 2C and wants a longterm contract paying him so. But he’s ultimately not a top-60 center deserving of that kind of investment.

This free agency is a freaking unicorn.

• Like with most free agency periods, this one is crazy.
  • You have a fixed flat cap for the next 3 years teams are trying to stay within.
  • You have financially strapped teams looking to make moves because of their financial situation.
  • You also have teams willing to wheel and deal — but those trade ideas our outside our pay grade.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
When he was here, he was definitely better at center. I really don’t get to see him as much since he’s in Montreal. Tocchet had no use for him. Have heard he’s a little bit of an odd lot. Others will have better insight on him than I do.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->