Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I've posted this a few times. Buffalo has zero incentive to deal him until next offseason.
I think this is really the bottom line. The rest is all concocted drama. Surely some due diligence is happening and groundwork is being set. But I would just assume we check back in next “summer”.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Does Alex Galchenyuk have anything left? Just thinking that if the assessment of Strome is as a pure-offense guy who can put up numbers stapled to the right players, but not someone who should play a big role on a contender, maybe that's something they can find in the bargain basement. I just remembered the guy existed because I saw him in someone else's Youtube highlights video.

Guy is an offense-only player who hardly every scores. He's useless to us. We need bottom sixers who can bump and grind and play defense, win faceoffs, kill penalties.

Reactions: Barnaby

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If the Rangers gave Strome a Q.O. and he unexpectedly accepted it, I wonder if that affects potential trade value. Could that be the hold up? If a team trades for him they probably want to be able to sign him for multiple years.

upload_2020-10-5_15-10-47.gif

This does make sense to me. Interesting. Again, I still think it’s posturing, in the end, but this could definitely be part of it. They wait till the last minute to see if they can move him to a team offering him a long term deal. But if they can’t, they QO him at 4:59pm ET Tuesday.
It’s actually very reasonable and fair.

Reactions: bbny

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah a bit too much for Gourde but really would love to develop a player like him. Non stop motor with some skill and obviously had a terrific postseason when it counted. I totally understand him not being a top 2 center and thus not worth paying him 5 million. Cirelli is only 23 so I guess his upside is greater than someone like Gourde's but Gourde to me really stood out in the playoffs.
It’s a shame that’s what Andersson was supposed to be

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Does Alex Galchenyuk have anything left? Just thinking that if the assessment of Strome is as a pure-offense guy who can put up numbers stapled to the right players, but not someone who should play a big role on a contender, maybe that's something they can find in the bargain basement. I just remembered the guy existed because I saw him in someone else's Youtube highlights video.

Im not sure he had much to begin with. I can’t see the Rangers being interested.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
What do you think about Domi? Does he have potential to be a very good 2c on a good team (Hopefully us very soon). Been debating with Montreal fans. They feel he can be (I just think they wanna pump up his trade value lol) I think he is a good player but not a very good 2C going forward. Might even be a bit better on the wing.

If the Hab fans felt he was then they wouldn’t be trying to move him every day on the trade board. Not unlike Ranger fans and Strome.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Does it make sense to give up a asset like a 2nd round pick to move a short-term bas contract (Staal), and invest it in a potentially longer term asset for a similar return?

To me it doesn’t. And I very much like Johnson, but not at his salary.
He’s a good 3C but paid like a 2C. Which is what I worry about happening with Strome.

The tough part is I’m sure we all want these guys to get paid. But just not from our remaining cap :)

Reactions: bl02

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I’m thinking the Rangers are working on a larger deal for a center. They don’t want to trade Strome prior to that being done as they would lose leverage. As of now they can say they have Strome as a fallback. If he’s gone, they clearly are desperate. I’m thinking the bigger deal comes out in the next couple of days, then a Strome trade follows soon after. Maybe a team like Minnesota.

Reactions: bobbop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad