Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I wouldn't say Chicago won with scraps but they won with 4th liners at 2C.

They were absolutely busted at wing and we're headed in that direction.
Not sure if I’d use that as a template for winning... but I agree on the fact that we are looking similar.
I think everyone would agree center is usually more important... so I’d love to land Eichel but not w out gutting us

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
I would 100% trade the #1 pick for Jack Eichel at this stage, and as others have tweeted it won't be less than that. A true #1 and #1A center...and both at rational contracts Eichel at 10M each year will look better and better than worse and worse. Eichel will have legit teammates, very young. Would be an exceptional move.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Eichel makes a lot of sense, in terms of age, contract and fit. It would allow us to take a couple of shots having Panarin, Zib, Eichel, Kreider, Laf, Kakko/Buch as the top 6. When Zibanejad's contract is up we'd have Eichel there as a buffer allowing us to let him walk or even trade him for assets if needed.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
These conversations come up every time a star player becomes available. The only one that exceeded expectations was the Avs trading Matt Duchene.
And even then that only happened because the Sens unexpectedly imploded after acquiring Duchene. The Sens didn’t trade the fourth pick+ for Duchene. They traded a future first that luckily became a high pick.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I really hope the rumors reach Eichel’s ears. Him thinking about it and hearing the Rangers are interested. He may force Buffalo’s hand to move him. Can you imagine how many points he would get on the same line as Panarin.

Eichel, make a trade request to NYR!!!!

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I would 100% trade the #1 pick for Jack Eichel at this stage, and as others have tweeted it won't be less than that. A true #1 and #1A center...and both at rational contracts Eichel at 10M each year will look better and better than worse and worse. Eichel will have legit teammates, very young. Would be an exceptional move.
It would be less than that

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The difference is the remaining term for both players. Gorton may have both Eichel and Barkov on his long-term radar. If you strike out on trading for Eichel, then get Zib extended and make a pitch to Barkov as a UFA in 2022.
Yeah but that's a ways away. I think most fans are willing to look at this coming season as a rebuild year, but 21-22 is when the team should be competing for the Cup. Our youngins are gonna start needing new contracts. Playing the game of kicking the can down the road in the cap era is very dangerous, especially when we're in such a desirable position with regards to young players on cheap contracts.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

You're crazy.

Laf will likely cover 70-80% of Eichel's production on an ELC for the next 3 years. Paying 9+ for the extra 20-30% would be incredibly stupid.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
A player of Eichel’s quality gets four assets - top six forward , top four Dman, quality prospect and a 1st.
I think if the Rangers make the deal, it would be something along the lines of ADA, Strome, Buch, Kravstov, 22nd this year, and unprotected '21 1st. Would Buffalo bite? Dunno.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
A player of Eichel’s quality gets four assets - top six forward , top four Dman, quality prospect and a 1st.
Seems about right, although Eichel being so young and not having the ability to necessarily dictate where he goes probably brings back a bit more.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
It would be less than that

The Rangers should be looking to move players like DeAngelo and Buchnevich and hold onto players still on their ELCs while big money is going out to the likes of Panarin, Kreider and Zibanejad. Since the Rangers are supposedly already listening on the likes of Buch and Tony. I’m just wondering who would be more appealing to Buffalo - Chytil or Kravtsov?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
No way. Starts there. Or Kakko (which would be fitting #2 young for #2 a little older). There isn't perfect value, but where the rangers are, right now, eichel is a better fit than either Kakko or Lafrenière

not money wise by a ton. You can hold onto Laf, Kakko and then some for years before you reach Eichel dollars.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Yeah but that's a ways away. I think most fans are willing to look at this coming season as a rebuild year, but 21-22 is when the team should be competing for the Cup. Our youngins are gonna start needing new contracts. Playing the game of kicking the can down the road in the cap era is very dangerous, especially when we're in such a desirable position with regards to young players on cheap contracts.
How is acquiring Barkov as a 2C kicking anything down the road?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I don't think that's nearly enough, though the only reason Buffalo would trade him is because he's forcing their hand, so maybe. I still think that's an incredibly weak package overall.
How is that weak? top offensive defenseman in the NHL, top-6 forward at worst, top prospect, 1st round pick. That's a big haul.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the number of posts spent trying to figure out what would be a "fair" trade for something that is unlikely to happen is a little nuts
like I expected something more exciting when I skimmed these pagess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad