Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part LVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I cannot see an UFA signing for the left side. They'll either be too expensive or not good enough. Smith already provides the veteran in the room.

I'm here for the kids getting their opportunities to show themselves this season. Miller will have every chance to play. Reunanen and Hajek will have a chance to make the team. Robertson is a dark horse candidate to stick around now.

This also means to me that Georgiev is being moved. Recoup the asset lost on Staal. Hank gets to ride out the last year of his deal with Shesterkin.

If it meant trading Staal and a 2nd to resolve the goalie situation where Hank stays, it had to be done.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would rather keep Lundqvist one more year and trade Georgiev to recoup the asset we sent to Detroit.

Rangers don’t HAVE to do anything with the Staal money right now. They can take care of their own guys and see what’s left. I don’t think the Rangers did this to clear space for a FA like Pietrangelo (which I would not do) but I would think about Krug too if you can get him at 7m or under. The Rangers still need a LHD partner for Trouba more than anything else. With Brodin and (probably) Dunn off the board, the pool is shrinking.

Still wouldn’t rush for a 2C; need to get Mika extended before shooting the moon for that player. Fix Trouba. Fix bottom six, then once expansion draft is done and the key pieces are re-signed, then you know what you have to play with to upgrade at center.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
What are the odds Detroit’s buys out Staal and the. Nyr bring him back next season? Similar to wash/avs & orpik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad