Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Hudson Fasching on waivers, right hand shooting wing w size and potential, only 23

Reactions: Berserk

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Any F we pick up on waivers has to be better than Vesey and Beleskey. I don't think that's going to happen.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
5 GM's. 2 head coaches. 3 goalie coaches. That was the panel. They grade each starting goalie 1-5. 1 being the top grade.

They have Fleury 3rd.

Rinne is 7th.

Jones is 12th.

Dubnyk at 13.

Luongo at 15.

Crawford at 16.

Raanta at 17.

Jake Allen and Mike Smith are tied for 19th.

Lundqvist isn't better than most of those goalies?

Allen is horrible.

Luongo at 39 is better than Hank at 36?

This list is an embarrassment.

Reactions: Avery16

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
how has Georgiev looked so far? He was looking half decent at the end of last season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't think the list was that bad, except the Hank ranking and the whole blurb under it.

Raanta isn't that proven. I think with another good season he'll be near the top 10.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider Zib Buch
Names Chytil Zucc
Spooner Hayes Fast
Vesey Lias Belesky

Meh

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

The various coaches and executives rated Lundqvist 21st. I know Hank slipped a little bit. 21st? 10 GM’s and coaches voted in the poll.

The Rangers backup situation isn’t great.

Lundqvist hasn’t missed that much time in his career.

I hope Lundqvist reads this. It lights a fire under his ass... And he plays lights out hockey to shove it right up the panels ass!

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Goalies need good D. Hank is on his game more often than not, and he plays a lot of games each season. If Hank cranks it up much harder than he already does, he'll get injured and we'll be stuck with Tokarski and Georgiev. We need two more top-four D before asking more of Hank.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Well, I mentioned NYPost obviously. It's hilarious how awful they are covering one of the most famous hockey teams in the world. It's laughable
As someone who reads everything I can get my hands on, the Post is the best Ranger coverage. The Times and Daily News barely staff the team anymore. Carp has lost a foot off his fastball. Stephenson is fine but he doesn’t turn out the volume the Post does. I know they have some bad days and make mistakes but they are the best we have right now.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Maybe they are right on Hank?

I know for sure I would bet on Hank in a single PO series before at least 20 other starters in the NHL. But over a regular season -- time will tell. Like they obviously got their hands on at least a couple of guys that really were no fans of Hank and I am sure it could have looked differently if they picked another random panel.

But Hank needs to hold it together over a full regular season to claim to be top 15 nowadays.

Quinn should counter on Hank, I have learned that Hank can talk now lets see if he can play between the pipes. ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Just noted that Letestu was released.

There have been some talk about us possibly wanting to 'shelter' the kids over Quinn's first transition period. Let the havoc of the first weeks with a new coach, system, roster and what not sink in, then start being more generous with giving kids ice time (unless they clearly win a spot).

If Lias is going to HFD to get top minutes and Boo is out, Letestu is someone we have coveted before and that might be a short term option for a 4th line C spot. Probably very unlikely, but...

Reactions: Off Sides

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Not paying for The Pathetic. Where did Vasilievsky wind up, top-5? He was 21/32 goalies with 2,000+ all situations minutes in GSAA in 2017-18. 28/37 goalies with 4,000+ minutes 2016-2018. 33/38 6,000+ min 2015-2018. Biggest fraud in the league (along with Dubnyk who is 37/38).

Goalie Stats - Corsica Hockey

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Never mind that he's faced the most high danger chances in the entire ****ing league since 2015.

21st is very, very harsh. He's still a top 15 goalie in the game.
I'd like to know who gives Price a pass for the team's performance and his injuries but holds Lundqvist accountable. How can you ignore the high danger chances? I imagine some of the conversation resembled this: Lundqvist is finally exposed, eh?

But maybe I'm just a biased shill.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'd like to know who gives Price a pass for the team's performance and his injuries but holds Lundqvist accountable. How can you ignore the high danger chances? I imagine some of the conversation resembled this: Lundqvist is finally exposed, eh?

But maybe I'm just a biased shill.
Price just had a significantly worse year than Hank ever had in his career, where did he end up in the ranking?

For reference, Price's rankings in GSAA in the same samples as my post above: 32/32, 27/37, 25/38

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad