Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
And replace him with whom? They are trying to win a cup. Overrated or not, who do they have that can replace him?
Steve Mason is available, had several solid seasons in Philly (better than Vasi ever did) and wasn't bad at all last year. Not taking the deal Philly offered him came back to bite him hard.

Trade for one of the promising backups that could probably be had for a pittance (Grubauer, Dell, Saros, Reimer).

Solid tandem right there.

But the issue isn't finding the replacement, the issue is finding the right deal - even if he is rated unreasonably highly. Goalies are hard to trade.

My issue isn't that Vasilievsky is a solid but overrated goalie. My issue is that Vasilievsky is seemingly a below average goalie that is rated as top-2 in the league. I genuinely believe that any of Mason, Grubauer, Dell, Saros could very well do a better job, you gain great assets, you don't have to pay whatever Vasi is going to demand on his next contract (probably $10M+ AAV). Hell, if you're going for a cup trade him to Columbus for a package around Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad