Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Carey Price wasn't Canadian, no one would dare call him 'elite' or one of the best goalies in the league. Good goalie with a couple of great seasons. Worst contract in the league by far. Was straight up horrible last season.

Pretty much.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If Carey Price wasn't Canadian, no one would dare call him 'elite' or one of the best goalies in the league. Good goalie with a couple of great seasons. Worst contract in the league by far. Was straight up horrible last season.
What, you mean to tell me the guy with the 5th highest expected Sv% on a team that was 11th in xGA/60 should be performing well!? Blasphemy.

Reactions: silverfish

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I honestly think the overrating of Vasilievsky is worse, Price at least has some great seasons in his career. Vasi has two below average seasons as a starter behind a fantastic defence (-8.76 GSAA 2016-2018), is lauded as an elite goalie and goes top-5 in 2012 redrafts.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I honestly think the overrating of Vasilievsky is worse, Price at least has some great seasons in his career. Vasi has two below average seasons as a starter behind a fantastic defence (-8.76 GSAA 2016-2018), is lauded as an elite goalie and goes top-5 in 2012 redrafts.
Same thing happened with Bishop. How much of this is Cooper, his system, and Yzerman clowning the rest of the league?

Reactions: Ola

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Same thing happened with Bishop. How much of this is Cooper, his system, and Yzerman clowning the rest of the league?
Dubnyk has similar stats, but he had enough poor seasons before Minnesota and the playoff meltdowns to match so most see through the Sv% inflation with him. But not with Vasi.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Price just had a significantly worse year than Hank ever had in his career, where did he end up in the ranking?

For reference, Price's rankings in GSAA in the same samples as my post above: 32/32, 27/37, 25/38
Price was in tier 2, tied for 5th. 1.9 rating. Vasilievsky was tied for 1st.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If Gorton were to consider dealing Shattenkirk — which teams out there have the need for a RHS PPQB?

Tampa? NYI? PHI? Buf? Ari? CGY? EDM? LAK? Van? Dallas was in on EK...

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Which 10 teams would Shatty block?

Ottawa?
MTL?
NYI?
EDM?
Vancouver?
Calgary?
Ari?
NJD?
Buffalo?
STL???

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Gorton were to consider dealing Shattenkirk — which teams out there have the need for a RHS PPQB?

Tampa? NYI? PHI? Buf? Ari? CGY? EDM? LAK? Van? Dallas was in on EK...

How many of those teams have the space to afford him for the next 2+ years (assuming this would be a deadline thing)?

Have to imagine Shatty at 50% would be worth quite a bit. I also think that there is like a 2% chance he gets dealt this year.

Reactions: Ola

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I would like Lias and Chytil to be at Center, but it just doesn't work with our current lineup.

Hayes is a terrible winger
I don't want either of those players centering the 4th line with scrubs on their wings.
They both deserve to be in the NHL

the only solution is that (at least) one of them will have to be on the wing to start the year.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I would like Lias and Chytil to be at Center, but it just doesn't work with our current lineup.

Hayes is a terrible winger
I don't want either of those players centering the 4th line with scrubs on their wings.
They both deserve to be in the NHL

the only solution is that (at least) one of them will have to be on the wing to start the year.
says who, 2014?

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He has been subpar as a winger every time its been tried. the guy is not a winger.

Aside from the fact that he played mostly wing in college.

Frankly, I think it's a moot point after last year. I think he does have more offensive potential on the wing, but now that he's really focused on the defensive side of the game, as well as faceoffs, he's a center and that's that.

Reactions: Avery16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad