Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part IX: Trying To Reason With The Upcoming Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
huh? Samuelsson was a very physical player. ADA is very soft and small in comparison.

Ulfie is the best ever at skating at full speed and jumping with his head first into the boards during hockey games. He had that play were if someone beat the LD wide he came over from the right side and launched himself head first cutting off the forward about to turn into the middle of the ice, and it ended up with him banging into the boards heads first pretty hard every time. Always won the puck too.

Its a good signature play, show that you are ready for business. ADA should pick up on it.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
4th line center who was a healthy scratch for a large portion of the season is apparently what we need :laugh:

I am not totally against getting a capable 4th line C though. Little reward in giving that spot to a kid and having a steady fourth might provide some stability to the kids higher up in the lineup.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am not totally against getting a capable 4th line C though. Little reward in giving that spot to a kid and having a steady fourth might provide some stability to the kids higher up in the lineup.

Off waivers, sure. But someone suggested we trade for Lindberg.

Reactions: Ola

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I would bring Lindberg back if I had short term plans to trade Hayes.
He had a hell of an opportunity in Vegas last season, didn’t exactly run off with it. I think we now know he’s a bottom-six C at best. Maybe just a 4C for a good team.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A. Panarin is UFA next season, but many other teams are interested as well like Boston. :)

Reactions: Ola

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
I'll trade for Lindberg. They can have Staal or Smith, they get to pick. If they can't decide they can have both.

Reactions: Inferno

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I used to work with a Devils fan who would always say Reid Boucher was gonna guide them to their next cup like 4 years ago :laugh:

He’s one of those players that just isnt quite good enough to take a top 6 spot in the NHL, and if he isnt there then hes pretty useless. Cant move very well but has a really good shot and nose for the net. Too good for the AHL in my opinion but just cant produce at the NHL level

Reactions: EpicDing

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Feel bad for Beleskey and Nieves - two bubble players who have to battle for a spot and they get hurt during the pre-season. That has to suck. Not that I think either is going to make the team, but it's still gotta be frustrating for them.

Reactions: Ori

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Feel bad for Beleskey and Nieves - two bubble players who have to battle for a spot and they get hurt during the pre-season. That has to suck. Not that I think either is going to make the team, but it's still gotta be frustrating for them.
I was hoping that Beleskey could beat out Vesey for the 4LW spot.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

And we are forever stuck with "Hobey Baker winner" Vesey

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't their salary be pro-rated by insurance for any IR duration?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I think it’s between Beleskey, Lettieri and McLeod (really just the first two) for the final forward spot, at least until we move a D and get down to 7. Nieves will be on the IR, and then maybe someone else will be. He’ll get shots, but probably starts in Hartford.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

A thing to consider re Boo is that he cannot be demoted while being injured. I.e. he is getting paid $708,750 now as opposed to $70,000 when he returns if he is demoted.

Would Boo everyday of the week opt to not get hurt and fight for a spot in the NHL instead? Of course. But if his problems with concussions are darn scary -- and they often are -- and he has legit concerns about if he ever can return and about his future life that money could come in handy on a rainy day.

There have been a few examples in the past when an 'AHL player' have been hurt while in the NHL camp and been out to an extent where I have asked myself if the player in question possibly would have returned sooner had he been demoted before going down.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Am I the only one a little annoyed at the prospect of losing ADA just because we have a bunch of vets on the blueline? I just think he have looked too good to lose for nothing.

I also don't for a second buy any talk about 'it won't hurt us to wait and see and carry 8 Ds for a while' bla bla bla. A young kid must play. You can't sit him for months waiting for someone to go down and then expect him to just hit the ice and play well. Like when a McDonagh misses time he looks like crap when returning. For a kid its of course even worse.

I think its the complete opposite, someone like ADA MUST play and play a lot, especially on the PP. Otherwise you instantly put a nail in the coffin of the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad