Speculation: Roster Building Thread Part III: Day by Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
The question should come up every year. Is there anything else you would use the cap space on?

If the answer is no, you don't buy him out. I'd rather take more "dead" cap space now. Why use up valuable future space if we can afford the full hit now?

Matt Duchene if he gets traded?
John Tavares if he hits UFA next year?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Leslie saying that Gabriel Fontaine may get a look to start at C for this season too. I remember when he was a wasted draft pick the second we took him :sarcasm:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I just don't know if I want Andersson starting in the NHL right away playing 10 minutes or so a game... I trust Gorton tho

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
https://www.milehighhockey.com/2017/7/25/16023512/matt-duchene-will-definitely-be-traded

Will Matt Duchene be traded?

I don’t know. I don’t think anyone knows except for Joe Sakic. I’m not even 100 percent sure he knows. The rumors have been there since the start of the 2015-16 season. Speculation and reports were at an all-time high this offseason. Theories based on something that happened one time were given. And yet, he remains part of the Avalanche organization.

But he’s definitely getting traded.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I can't believe that Thomas Vanek is still unsigned. I'd take a flyer on him for 1 year, $1 million for sure.

How would you guys feel about Dan Winnik for some sandpaper on the 4th line?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I can't believe that Thomas Vanek is still unsigned. I'd take a flyer on him for 1 year, $1 million for sure.

Winnik yes. Vanek no

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Weren't the Rangers linked to Vanek last summer? Who knows, maybe they move Miller to center and sign Vanek

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd be okay with Vanek if he came cheap. If nothing else we could get something decent for him at the trade deadline.

Winnik I'm not interested in.

One forward available that I'd like for the 4th line would be Ryan White and he's got a hell of a lot more grit than Winnik.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Against Vanek but for 1/1 I'd do it.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Hilarious that Vanek and Jagr are both unsigned.

Nate Thompson got a two-year deal and a limited NTC though :laugh:

It really is absurd.

Vanek can still put up 15-20 goals and 35 points. For $1 million it's an absolute steal and is a no brainer to me.

Winnik gives the team an actual bottom six center that can take defensive zone draws and PK.

I'd trade Holden and sign both :nod:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'd like Winnik as a 4th line winger for a year.

I'm confused as to why, with the cap space the team has currently available, it wouldn't make more sense to demote Staal to the AHL in lieu of buying him out. The team would save just over a million on the cap and it cuts down on a year at the back end of the buyout. They don't need the cap space this season. Next year they may so do it then.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'd like Winnik as a 4th line winger for a year.

I'm confused as to why, with the cap space the team has currently available, it wouldn't make more sense to demote Staal to the AHL in lieu of buying him out. The team would save just over a million on the cap and it cuts down on a year at the back end of the buyout. They don't need the cap space this season. Next year they may so do it then.

Staal would have to waive his NMC. Why would he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad