Kreider-ZBad-Buch
Nash-Bozak-Miller
Grabner-Hayes-Vesey
Puempel-DD-Fast/Chiasson

McD-Shatty
Skjei-Smith
Bereglazov-DeAngelo
Pionk

Do it. Adjust ymthe Bottom 6 and 5-7 D as you want. Regardless, that's a Cup contender.

Is Zucc traded...?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Chiasson is a player I've liked since his college days... but he's soft and doesn't use his size and reach the way he should.

The skill level is very high for bargain bin pick up... but teams grow tired of his disengagement.

He wasn't QO'd in back to back years despite being an everyday player. Classic case of a guy who leaves you wanting more.

Maybe the Rangers get lucky the way they did with Benny Poo.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
People talk about trading Zuccarello and losing Nash at the end of the year...

A lot of what NYR elects to do at the wing position is going to depend on how Vesey and Buchnevich perform this year. If they both look ready for full time top 9 minutes, then yeah, you can lose Nash and Zuccarello. If not, our wing position looks quite thin after this season.

Chiasson makes sense for depth purposes.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Trading Staal is the same like G. It's easier for a team to sign them after a buyout for less term.

I'd retain half, happily.

But there's no reason for teams to trade an asset to take on that term, even if they like Staal. At 2.85, he's not a horrible option, but the terms is the killer. Teams would probably like a deal like Girardi with $3 mil for 2 years.

The structure with the yearly signing bonus may also dissuade lower budget teams, as the salary is a bit higher than the contract.

I can't think of many potential suitors off the top of my head. With that McDavid contract, the Oilers are out.

Maybe the Wild? They have cap space, no major RFAs upcoming, and have lots of RD. If we retain half, the end of Vanek's buyout clears everything up.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'd retain half, happily.

But there's no reason for teams to trade an asset to take on that term, even if they like Staal. At 2.85, he's not a horrible option, but the terms is the killer. Teams would probably like a deal like Girardi with $3 mil for 2 years.

The structure with the yearly signing bonus may also dissuade lower budget teams, as the salary is a bit higher than the contract.

I can't think of many potential suitors off the top of my head. With that McDavid contract, the Oilers are out.

Maybe the Wild? They have cap space, no major RFAs upcoming, and have lots of RD. If we retain half, the end of Vanek's buyout clears everything up.

I dunno. I think the Oil will move RNH. Can't have that much money spent on Centers. McDavid at 12. Draisatl at 8-9. RNH at 6. Move out RNH for some prospects/picks and we retain 1.7 million on Staal. They save 2 million in cap space and keep a fresh farm system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->