Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVI: Spring into action (GMJG outta hibernation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Re: Buch. We lived through his growing pains, his ups and downs, the frustrating times we thought he might never be as good as we had hoped. Now that we are reaping the benefits of all the time and effort that was put into his development, and he has become that player, the idea of trading him does not make any sense. It is an inefficient use of time and resources. The team put in the time, now its time to reap those benefits.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Garland would be awesome but still isn't a center and will cost a serious amt.
Crouse is a donut. A large donut. No.
Bennett's QO is too big to really justify.
Virtanen is the same with his salary for next year.

This all stems from not signing obvious free agent Mark Jankowski. Who knows what heights we'd be at if zzZzzzzZzz. Trade Buch, try out Kravstov, and sign 2 or 3 more Rooney types in the offseason and see who sticks. IMO.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Re: Buch. We lived through his growing pains, his ups and downs, the frustrating times we thought he might never be as good as we had hoped. Now that we are reaping the benefits of all the time and effort that was put into his development, and he has become that player, the idea of trading him does not make any sense. It is an inefficient use of time and resources. The team put in the time, now its time to reap those benefits.
You'd be 100% right if they didn't have Panarin and Kreider signed the way they do. I feel like Kreider didn't have a ton of interest for whatever reason last year, we heard ~nothing about him despite him being probably very available. I don't even think anyone offered a 1st and they decided against self renting. But Kreider's payday just took Buch's money.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Another young player/prospect complaining of our usage and communication with him?

tenor.gif

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t see what Chytil did wrong. He wants to play more like everyone else. Nothing wrong with saying that

no ones scared of paying buch a career underachiever who’s finally breaking out in a contract year? That story is as old as the test of time.

I still don’t see how we get mins for our kids and upgrade at center signing another winger to big money. That’s a awful decision. We should be living and dying with these kids right now.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Not really. Buchnevich can be had. Now that means that there are other ramifications, but he can be had.
They're not gonna cuff themselves completely like they're the championship blackhawks and deal with it as it comes. Functionally there is only room for two wingers to get big $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad