Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVI: Spring into action (GMJG outta hibernation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If I were laying down $ I would bet on one of Lundqvist/Schneider being moved this summer.

I'd easily take this bet with a lot more money on it. There's no way the Rangers are moving one of these prospects without seeing what they got there.

The only exception is if one of them is specifically asked by a name in a trade Gorton wouldn't be able to resist.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It was just a comment on the islanders situation. Personally I don’t see us handing out term to any free agent that would go beyond two years if only because we may be locking up a Lafreniere and/or a Miller when their ELC’s expire.

And I think a lot of upcoming FA might prefer to get short deals from teams that has cap space to allocate that only available for 1 year, maybe two.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I'd easily take this bet with a lot more money on it. There's no way the Rangers are moving one of these prospects without seeing what they got there.

The only exception is if one of them is specifically asked by a name in a trade Gorton wouldn't be able to resist.

That’s literally exactly the scenario I’m describing.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

I agree with the asterisk that in the event that NYR get a deal for Eichel you have to imagine Lundkvist is included, given our other rumored untouchables.

Buch Chytil Lundkvist first would be my bet if a deal was made

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Anything at all for Smith for that matter is all good if it opens up a spot for a young guy to get some time playing is a win for the team . He has no future here moving forward . One never knows what a 7th rounder might turn up ...maybe another King ?
I have the sinking suspicion that Smith will get re-signed. I only hope it will be close to league minimum. He has no value. I would be surprised if he netted a 7th from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad