Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXVI: Spring into action (GMJG outta hibernation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Don't see anything that would allude to communications. And players stating that they want to play more is hardly an inditement.

Didn't allude to communications... didn't complain about usage. People are crazy.

Guy says he hasn't been playing his best hockey and then says he wants more minutes. You know what that means? He knows he needs to be better to get more minutes. AKA, he understands what he needs to do and puts the burden on himself to do it.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Kravstsov returning from exercising his reassignment clause with extreme prejudice and Quinn, Knoblauch, Gorton, and JD still haven't provided an answer fans believe. It wasn't just "disappointment" for both him and Andersson. Andersson still dead.

His coach in Hartford literally said today that it was disappointment with Kravtsov early last season and then praised the way he came back.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
His coach in Hartford literally said today that it was disappointment with Kravtsov early last season and then praised the way he came back.

I am skeptical. Disappointment is a part of it but communication and organizational handling seemed off. I know JD also said at his presser 2 years ago that he can't figure out what it is aside from disappointment. The let down with those 2 players made it seem like a lot more than disappointment and JD knew that was the way it looked as well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am skeptical. Disappointment is a part of it but communication and organizational handling seemed off. I know JD also said at his presser 2 years ago that he can't figure out what it is aside from disappointment. The let down with those 2 players made it seem like a lot more than disappointment and JD knew that was the way it looked as well.
upload_2021-3-22_13-2-30.jpeg

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Yes, maybe Quinn didn't communicate to Kravtsov well enough why he was going to Hartford, but that doesn't mean that the dominant factor wasn't feeling like he lost out on what he had his "heart set on" to use Knoblauch's words.

I don't think you should be quick to conflate the Kravtsov and Andersson situations. One involved a player who came back and played hard, while the other involves a guy who was simply done with our organization. There might have been some communication issues in both cases, but that's as far as it goes.

Reactions: haveandare and Tob

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The Buchnevich point will only hold so long. One forward vs., Anderson, Kakko, Laf, and god forbid Kravtsov - keep talking about Buch. What’s the chance all of the forwards we drafted were busts? Seems like somethings rotten from the head down. But yea BuChNeViCh will save the franchise lmao

You're whining about 18/19/20 year olds while our leading scorer didn't start to figure things out until he was 24. Not my fault you have the patience of a toddler and apparently think that dOiNg ThIS does anything but make you look like a complete moron. :laugh:

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Kakko has been playing okay but no producing, Kratsov is coming in from a very solid season in the 2nd or 3rd best league in the world, and given his age, adjustments he's made in his game since his first NA attempt, and the fact Kakko really hasn't accomplished anything on the wing of that line I think Kratsov should be plugged right in. This isn't some plug coming over from the MHL or something, and this kid has made the changes to his game that he was asked to focus on. He should be treated every bit like a top ten pick that has done everything asked of him, produced at a high level in other top leagues, and someone with the skill to play on that spot in the lineup. I honestly am not sure why kakko "deserves" the spot. I want him to deserve it, but if he cant slot their over Blackwell right now than I dont see why he would over kratsov. I think a lot of people are sleeping on kratsov bc he's been in europe and we have several newer toys to fixate on, this kid has the potential to be a real player and is in his D+3 season. It is time to give him a chance to flourish and find out what we have here bc it is surely going to impact what the do with buch in some way depending if he excels or struggles mightily. Kratsov would easily be a top 2-3 prospect in most NHL systems right now...
Kakko and Strome make for two bad skaters on that line. I would love to see Kravtsov given a chance in Blackwell's spot.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
He was getting pretty good minutes when he was playing well. There’s been a noticeable fall off for him the last few games.
part of it has to do with mika's resurgence too.
He was getting more minutes because our 1/2 lines were struggling. Being better than lines 1/2 is a hard cliff to climb for a 21 year old.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Lemieux, Howden, Gauthier scratched on a cycle, no one is cementing an NHL spot after a combined 200+ games over the last 3 years.

Fringe NHL players playing like fringe NHL players.

Kakko, Lafreniere, and Chytil unhappy about minutes, usage, and role after previous concerns and off season complaints

Young players used to logging top line minutes at lower levels want more ice time.

Kravstsov returning from exercising his reassignment clause with extreme prejudice and Quinn, Knoblauch, Gorton, and JD still haven't provided an answer fans believe. It wasn't just "disappointment" for both him and Andersson. Andersson still dead.

There's going to be trouble at some point the rest of the year and the off season if Quinn isn't let go.

Really feels like you are reaching here.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Once Kratsov gets in the lineup, the only place he should go in right into Blackwell's spot on the rw with panarin and strome. This kid has done a 180 since his first run in NA and he isn't 18 anymore. Put him in a place to succeed right out of the gate.
He’s gonna get zero pp time unfortunately. I know it’s a broken record but that is a place he did pretty well with Traktor and I would imagine would do well here as well. Unfortunately he’s gonna have to hurdle like 4 guys. Hope I’m wrong.
And no pp time doesn’t mean the last 20 seconds of a pp trying to gain entrance to the offensive zone

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
No he didn't. You are creating your own narrative here.
He said he wanted more ice time. Read that how you want. To me that means he is not getting enough ice time and since he doesn't make those decisions, I read it as he is questioning those who do.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Wingers driving centers is an edge situation that relies on chemistry as much as line combinations. There's a reason it's not done on team wide bases.

It's a poor way to design a team. We certainly saw what Kreider and Buch, two average 1st line wings did with a center who needed help.
We can debate if that is a poor idea or not. You already have an excellent example in Panarin and Strome. I realize that this year is not the barometer, but I can easily seek a Lafreniere & Kakko driven second line in a few years. One that has Chytil as the center.

You have what already works. You do not have that elite young center that you are talking about and there is not one that is coming on the market. That means looking at someone like an Eichel. Eichel is a wonderful player, but the cost to obtain him plus the cost to plug the holes to build around him would be huge. And someone like a Lindholm would not cost less.

It is a matter of deciding where you want to allocate your cash to.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lemieux, Howden, Gauthier scratched on a cycle, no one is cementing an NHL spot after a combined 200+ games over the last 3 years.
Kakko, Lafreniere, and Chytil unhappy about minutes, usage, and role after previous concerns and off season complaints

There's going to be trouble at some point the rest of the year and the off season if Quinn isn't let go.
And then the ground opens up and the zombie apocalypse happens. Oh, wait......

BTW, I especially love the "with extreme prejudice" part. Did he tell you that himself?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He said he wanted more ice time. Read that how you want. To me that means he is not getting enough ice time and since he doesn't make those decisions, I read it as he is questioning those who do.
I really want a hamburger right now. But as I do not get to make such a decision right now this second, I am questioning the act of why I do not have a hamburger.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I really want a hamburger right now. But as I do not get to make such a decision right now this second, I am questioning the act of why I do not have a hamburger.
Are you really testing my mastery of the language? Go away. If he thought he was being handled properly, he would have kept his mouth shut, same as you should.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
You're whining about 18/19/20 year olds while our leading scorer didn't start to figure things out until he was 24. Not my fault you have the patience of a toddler and apparently think that dOiNg ThIS does anything but make you look like a complete moron. :laugh:
Lmao okay pal, looks like I hit a nerve. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. But don’t worry dump and chase, and NORF SOUF is good for them! I can’t wait till our 1st and 2nd overall picks are the best penalty killers in the league! Look, it worked out for hall of famer PaVeL BuChNeViCh so it will work for everyone else! You should be doing balloon animals at BU with Quinn. You’re ripe on intentions hahaha.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
And then the ground opens up and the zombie apocalypse happens. Oh, wait......

BTW, I especially love the "with extreme prejudice" part. Did he tell you that himself?

no i learned that from judge judy.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

He said he’s not happy with his play since coming back. He’s smart enough to know the better he plays, the more minutes he gets. You’re making something out of nothing.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Lmao okay pal, looks like I hit a nerve. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. But don’t worry dump and chase, and NORF SOUF is good for them! I can’t wait till our 1st and 2nd overall picks are the best penalty killers in the league! Look, it worked out for hall of famer PaVeL BuChNeViCh so it will work for everyone else! You should be doing balloon animals at BU with Quinn. You’re ripe on intentions hahaha.
I don’t like Quinn, but the idea that he’s holding players back offensively is pretty f***ing stupid.

We don’t just play dump and chase hockey. Look at when Panarin or Zbad are gaining the blue line on our entries. It’s not NORF SOUF. Sometimes it’s EAFT WEFT with them. You think Quinn told his locker room those are the only guys allowed to get creative in the offensive zone?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Are you really testing my mastery of the language? Go away. If he thought he was being handled properly, he would have kept his mouth shut, same as you should.
Speaking of keeping mouths shut, you have children? Yeah, young kids often believe that they know everything. They rarely do. They, like you, would have been far better off keeping the mouths shut. Ciao.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
No problem with what Chytil said at all. With absolute minimal effort, and almost exclusively at the cost of our 4th line, they could have gotten the Kid Line an extra 3-4 shifts last game. And they were playing well enough to deserve it.

And maybe playing our unproductive PP1 for two minutes is also annoying the guys on PP2. Can't blame them.

Reactions: UnSandvich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad