Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIII: Smell a smaller trade incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know any better than anyone else, but my bet would be

Buchnevich
Chytil
Lundkvist
1st round pick

Obviously I'm opposed to it.
Trading Chytil will really hurt. I think this kid is made for today's game. Big and pretty good wheels. Looks like he has the work ethic and good attitude as well.

Reactions: McSauer

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Lafreniere Zibs Buch
Panarin Chytil Kakko
Kreider Strome Blackwell

PP1
---------Kreider---------
-Panarin---Laf---Buch-
----------Fox-------------

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
This is the type of coaching decision that pisses me off, and it's going to make me sound like a Blackwell fanboy.

You're going to take a guy who's been pretty positive across the board and scratch him in favor of three guys who have done next to nothing.

With his speed and pretty good vision/IQ, I see no reason Blackwell couldn't PK and potentially be good at it. He has also played center, so I don't see a logical reason that he comes out. He'd be more versatile than any of Howden, Gauthier, or Rooney.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
With no stats in hand, I truly believe that Brett Howden has the fewest shots on goal by any forward in the NHL who has played in 20 games this season.

Last edited:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
With no stats in hand, I truly believe that Brett Howden has the fewest shots on goal by any forward who has played in 20 games this season.
10th from last lol

upload_2021-3-5_14-49-17.png

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I just don't get it man. The guy has zero goals and contributes nothing offensively. Is he really that good at the pk that he will play every single game this season?
He's not even good on the PK. Actually beyond terrible and by far the worst of the regular PK'ers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Nolan Patrick may need a change of scenery.
Could guys like him and Dahlin be a crossroads?
Pierre criticizing Dahlin this morning on Ottawa radio and he rarely does that with young players. He basically said he was lean and quick when he first came into league and now not so much lol

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'd scratch Rooney or PDG before I scratch Blackwell.

Howden is ass but Quinn ain't scratching him especially not with his role on the PK.

It really shouldn't surprise that Blackwell has tailed off. He's not a top 6 and PP1 guy so it was only a matter of time before he started to level off. I still think he can be a terrific energy guy in the bottom 6.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to guess that Gorton and company have this figured out. They'll pay who they want to keep, trade for assets to fill holes and bring in the kind of FA who can put them over the top.
Am positive that they have a plan and that plan can change depending on circumstances. And that there is a plan depending on which way the circumstances change

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Trading Filip will be Amonte Like
Trading Amonte still gives me nightmares. Yes I know Mattaeu was big in the playoffs obviously but according to Neil Smith Keenan wanted Amonte gone all season and would have traded him straight up for Mattaeu if he could have

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not convinced he's completely healthy--or maybe just not conditioned. He started off the season great with something like 5 points in the first 7 games.

I've watched maybe 3-4 Flyer games and he seems visible and around the puck. I think it's timing still. The kid missed all of last season and had no pre-season. He, unfortunately for the Rangers, looks like he will be a good player. Still young

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Also in light of recent events indicating that NHL players read this forum...

I love all of you and everything bad I say about you, I mean about myself. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad