Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXIII: Smell a smaller trade incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
When Trouba returns...

Do we see

Fox Lindgren
Miller Trouba
Hajek Smith
Johnson

I sure hope Johnson doesn't get games ahead of Smith. Smith has looked decent as of late.

This is right except it looks like Smith will likely go to LD and Hajek stays at RD.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
I know I will get flamed for this, but if this team could string some wins together and get in the hunt I would look at Eric Staal at the deadline to get us some center depth and veteran presence there. Someone who can win faceoffs. Slide Strome to the Wing. Chytil bumped up to 2C.

Lafreniere-Zib-Buch
Panarin-Chytil-Kakko
Kreider-Staal-Strome
Lemmy-Rooney-Gauthier

Blackwell, PDG, Howden

I would also look into Montour for LD
I'm not going to say no to Staal, but I wouldn't give more than a mid-round pick for him at this point. A contender would likely (and rightfully) pay more for him.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'm not going to say no to Staal, but I wouldn't give more than a mid-round pick for him at this point. A contender would likely (and rightfully) pay more for him.
Anything more than a 3rd round pick and I am out. I would offer a 4th and a C level prospect.

Again this is strictly done if this team can string together a good deal of wins over the next 14-21 days

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If I can't have Stepan, Brassard, Hagelin, Grabner, or Vesey back on a high value UFA deal, you sickos aren't going to bring Eric Staal back for no good reason and give up good assets to Buffalo for it.
A 4th round pick is good value? Heck even a 3rd is?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
A 4th round pick is good value? Heck even a 3rd is?

a 3rd or a 4th plus a warm body I'd do it but I bet there are teams out there who are more serious about adding that will pay more.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Dude does it all, makes everyone around him better no matter where he will be. Florida doesn't appear lined up to be "elite" or teetering on any cusp of needing just one more piece or whatever; they are just a good team and you never know. It all comes down to how much he loves living the free state of Florida with all the NY refugees taking over the town. Hopefully he owes someone money down there or something and needs to get out,.
The play he made today on the Vatrano goal. Good lord. Let me know when Eichel starts to compete like that and maybe I’ll entertain moving some of our high end kids for him.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
This is right except it looks like Smith will likely go to LD and Hajek stays at RD.

yea Smith should stay in. Bitetto still around too

will be interesting to see if Smith is traded or maybe resigned for 1 million . I wouldn’t go higher

Reactions: Cag29

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It all depends on whether or not Barkov is willing to sign a new deal in Florida.
This, he may love Florida, but he might also want to go down as one of the greats and challenge himself. NYR would provide him with the most talented team he’s ever played around for the entirety of his next contract. If Barkov had Panarin/LaF to his left and kakko on his right instead of duclair and verhaugie do you know how dominant he would be? With a center like him, the cup is a possibility ever year

Reactions: Cag29

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The play he made today on the Vatrano goal. Good lord. Let me know when Eichel starts to compete like that and maybe I’ll entertain moving some of our high end kids for him.

with better players, the guy is a 100 plus point center, and I don’t say that lightly. He’s up there with the best in the business. Plays a complete 200ft game and makes everyone around him better

Reactions: Synergy27 and Cag29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad