Kopitar
Byfield
Turcotte
Vilardi
Kupari
Madden
Anderson-Dolan
Andersson

and more competent guys down the middle.

If I’m Drury (it feels weird typing that instead of Gorton), I trade one of Jones/Lundkvist/Miller for one of Turcotte/Vilardi/Kupari. It’s going to hurt, but we need to get this done.

I'd take Miller out of any trade proposal. We need size on defense going forward.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I am ready to part with both Strome and Buchnevich this summer. Mixed feelings on retaining either, the solution is to retool with a different skill set replacing both spots.

I would trade Chytil.

Both Blackwell and Rooney can return as F 12/13 given the minimal cap hit.

I would prefer for Brendan Smith to return as D7 if vet minimum ballpark is of interest to him.

Howden is gone, obviously. Gauthier, same. And never want Hajek near this lineup again.

A lot of movement.
I agree with a lot of player movement. I do believe if Eichel is going to be a ranger it happens towards the end if not the draft of next year. Too many question marks right now on both sides to make a deal. We really need a Wood and a sharengovich type in our bottom 6. Scrappy players that can hit and play. I think Goodrow becomes a ranger in UFA. But right now there’s still too many players for not enough spots. I think without a doubt we see at least 2 moves and a goodrow type signed in free agency.
Fast leaving was a huge blow, I don’t think people realize how valuable of a Swiss Army knife he is until he’s gone. Blackwell and Rooney both had career years but couldn’t replicate what fast brought, which is far more then just points

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I agree with a lot of player movement. I do believe if Eichel is going to be a ranger it happens towards the end if not the draft of next year. Too many question marks right now on both sides to make a deal. We really need a Wood and a sharengovich type in our bottom 6. Scrappy players that can hit and play. I think Goodrow becomes a ranger in UFA. But right now there’s still too many players for not enough spots. I think without a doubt we see at least 2 moves and a goodrow type signed in free agency.
Fast leaving was a huge blow, I don’t think people realize how valuable of a Swiss Army knife he is until he’s gone. Blackwell and Rooney both had career years but couldn’t replicate what fast brought, which is far more then just points

Ah, forgot to mention that - I want no part of Eichel under any condition.

Barkov? Yes, please.

Chytil, Jones + for Barkov? Sign me up.

Reactions: Tob and NYRangers16

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I am ready to part with both Strome and Buchnevich this summer. Mixed feelings on retaining either, the solution is to retool with a different skill set replacing both spots.

I would trade Chytil.

Both Blackwell and Rooney can return as F 12/13 given the minimal cap hit.

I would prefer for Brendan Smith to return as D7 if vet minimum ballpark is of interest to him.

Howden is gone, obviously. Gauthier, same. And never want Hajek near this lineup again.

A lot of movement.

I'd still try to keep Gauthier. Players with his size and skill just don't grow on trees. He may never reach his full potential, but he can still be an effective player.

Reactions: Cag29

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I'm looking at next season and we have 24 M for essentially 4 RFA players (Lindgren, Buch, Chytil, Shesty) and a handful of meh guys (Howden, Hajek, etc)

Why are people going crazy about losing Buch? Even the year after that, we have a ton of space.

If Buch doesn't become expendable it's because Kakko and VK have yet to take their game to another level which means neither can get much on their RFA contract (maybe bridge deal).

Last edited:

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'm looking at next season and we have 24 M for essentially 4 RFA players (Lindgren, Buch, Chytil, Shesty) and a handful of meh guys (Howden, Hajek, etc)

Why are people going crazy about losing Buch? Even the year after that, we have a ton of space.

If Buch doesn't become expendable it's because Kakko and VK have yet to take their game to another level which means neither can get much on their RFA contract.

It’s more concern about kids taking the next step and requiring bigger contracts but we give out NMCs like candy.

Reactions: Tob and NYRangers16

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I'd take Miller out of any trade proposal. We need size on defense going forward.
Miller does have size though he as yet to use that size in rubbing out opponents along the board or keeping the crease clear.
I hope this is just an aspect of his game that he will eventually develop and not because it’s just not in his nature.
If it’s the latter then he needs to be packaged up before other teams catch on.

NYblades

Mar 9, 2004
Miller does have size though he as yet to use that size in rubbing out opponents along the board or keeping the crease clear.
I hope this is just an aspect of his game that he will eventually develop and not because it’s just not in his nature.
If it’s the latter then he needs to be packaged up before other teams catch on.

Miller just turned 21 this past January. I think he will develop a more physical style as he matures.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
It’s more concern about kids taking the next step and requiring bigger contracts but we give out NMCs like candy.
I know but I don't see the crunch necassarily.

Even if they do take giant steps we have 24 M now and about 50 M the season after that when Kakko, VK, Fox are all due

Lindgren, Chytil, Kakko and VK. Will they even be getting 4 or 5 M? Maybe that's where I'm missing. Like what could they realistically be getting with pretty much no consistent scoring ability shown so far? Realistically, we can expect all three guys to get around 30-40 points in an 82 game season... maybe?

Fox I assume around 8 M give or take 1.5 M

Shesty prob gets locked up like Hank after his ELC to the tune of 7-8 M
Buch around what Kreider is making, give or take 1 M.

That leaves a good 15-25 M depending on if we keep all of them, let one or two guys go, etc.

Zib and Strome are already making a combined 10 M so boot Strome and just fold that into Mika. No net gain. If you give Mika 10 or 11 maybe he signs for 3 years so you can keep him if the kids don't take off like rockets. You can buy him out the final season to buy room (if needed). You can trade Kreider by then. I think you can trade trouba by then too.

Last edited:

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
we should put this thread on pause for 3 months lol .....nothings going down till expansion most likely
upload_2021-5-9_10-18-26.jpeg

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Rangers should not be giving Shesh $7-8MM AAV. Something similar to what Demko received would make sense.
In the context of what I said this actually helps my argument even more.

I was over projecting worst case scenarios, trying to figure out where the money crunch is coming from.

Even over projecting I still don';t see a crunch.

If some of these contracts are way under what i was saying then that makes it even less of a crunch

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
In the context of what I said this actually helps my argument even more.

I was over projecting worst case scenarios, trying to figure out where the money crunch is coming from.

Even over projecting I still don';t see a crunch.

If some of these contracts are way under what i was saying then that makes it even less of a crunch

Agreed. We’ll be fine with cap space going forward. We have all the skill a team needs. Now it’s about building a roster. Some tough decisions coming. This is a critical time in the rebuild. We need to make smart moves. Hopefully Drury is up to the challenge. Please don’t go full Sather on us.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

If Buch doesn't become expendable it's because Kakko and VK have yet to take their game to another level which means neither can get much on their RFA contract (maybe bridge deal).
No one is going crazy about the dollars for this upcoming season, but buch should be a 3rd liner with our team. and you don’t give 6m+ to a 3rd liner.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
No one is going crazy about the dollars for this upcoming season, but buch should be a 3rd liner with our team. and you don’t give 6m+ to a 3rd liner.
What is this based on though? He was definitely top 6 all season

And by crazy I mean people are constantly talking about it.

Also this upcoming season? I literally mentioned more seasons beyond that...

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I agree it’s not likely, but after what we saw this week I don’t see how you can say anything is impossible.

Dolan loves torts. Dolan is now very much involved. Again, I agree that it probably won’t happen....but It could.
I don’t think Dolan is involved. It was all Sather imo.

JD and Gorts would still be here if there was no Sather.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If this is true, and the room was divided up it’s something that a leader handles immediately. The room had leaders. This didn’t get handled. Management did.

Now management is gone.

Moving forward, without a leader I would assume they are completely vulnerable of this happening again. That’s what happens when a guy with the C doesn’t have the room. Or...what happens when nobody has the C. I’ve yet to see that the lead by committee thing works. I know there are a lot of advocates for it. Just haven’t really seen it work for this team, like..Ever!
B-b-but I was told captains don’t matter and it’s just for the fans. The advanced stats confirm this!

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Sather destroyed this team for a decade. If this is the case, I worry.
How the games against NYI and WAS went, it crossed wired Sather. Panarin being ragdolled and injured was the final nail in the coffin.

What do you think Sather was telling Dolan when that happened? It is unacceptable, how it was handled was very Dolanesque though. Unless Sather was “requesting” more toughness or protection on the team and was ignored

Reactions: NYRangers16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad