Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXI: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Rangers have an extra defensive expansion protection slot, and Hajek is garbage.

Do they protect Hajek or do they trade for a guy who they then protect?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The Rangers have an extra defensive expansion protection slot, and Hajek is garbage.

Do they protect Hajek or do they trade for a guy who they then protect?
Hopefully the latter. The Flames are interesting. They have 4 defenseman that I would assume they would like to protect, might be 5 if Valimaki has to be protected. Maybe they would be willing to trade a guy like Giordano who only has 1-year left and could be a good stopgap on the left side for the Rangers.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
589ev1.jpg

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Haven't read all the posts regarding the Fluffers I mean Rangers loss last night, but did you guys see the Capital player standing over Igor after he froze the puck and subsequent whistle? Don't recall who the Cap player was but he loomed over Shesty for like 5 secs as Miller skated away without a second glance at the obvious doooosh tactic.

My first ice hockey camp we were taught by Dennis Potvin and Bobby Nystrom that that was an absolute No-No. Billy Smith was there too. Not gonna write here what he said.

Generational gap may not support such vitriol lol.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Haven't read all the posts regarding the Fluffers I mean Rangers loss last night, but did you guys see the Capital player standing over Igor after he froze the puck and subsequent whistle? Don't recall who the Cap player was but he loomed over Shesty for like 5 secs as Miller skated away without a second glance at the obvious doooosh tactic.

My first ice hockey camp we were taught by Dennis Potvin and Bobby Nystrom that that was an absolute No-No. Billy Smith was there too. Not gonna write here what he said.

Generational gap may not support such vitriol lol.

I'm not in the "sign a guy just because he's tough" group, but anyone that doesn't see that this team has a glaring hole is missing something. Isles, Caps, and Bruins are all teams that are hard to play against. This team needs some of that north-south play and toughness. I can only imagine what Wilson would do over a 7 game series with no retribution. Martin/Clutterbuck would grind the hell out of our defense. They also set a tone - that's why they start every game. This team needs to get harder to play against. It was evident last year against the Canes and it was evident the last month or so down the stretch. This team has been way too vanilla since before the rebuild and now after.

I find it a little interesting from Gorton - whose mostly done a really nice job thus far - seeing as he's from the Boston organization.

Last edited:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I understand the rationale of not moving picks during a rebuild, and I'm against trading 1st rounders unless you're on the cusp and getting a guy with term but it's time that Gorton starts looking for some soldiers. Guys like Avery, Prust, Boyle, and even a Dorsett. Nothing mind blowing or that would cost a ton, but just fit in as reliable 3rd or 4th liners that can give you 2-4 years of solid play that other teams just don't want to deal with. Guys that maybe cost a 3rd round pick and/or mediocre prospect...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Why was Quinn rushing to tell media that Panarin was fine and then that it was a lower body thing? Did he care more about his own position and the risk of being blamed for leading a weak team that never will respond to anything than he cared about his team’s interests? Normally teams don’t rush to declare that their player is fine in these situations. You don’t know when concussion symptoms will come.

It’s like when Quinn rushed to tell reporters that he would spill the beans on DeAngelos antics when he was picked of waivers. Sure that helped the odds of that happening.
“It’s a decision we made as an organization,” Quinn said Sunday after practice. “In 24 hours, we’ll be able to probably be a little bit more specific and address the situation differently.”

Huge deal? Of course not. But it’s always the same. He takes liberties at the expense of everyone around him including the team because he is insecure. There are many many examples of this. That won’t sit well with the players.

Reactions: leetch99

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
The thought that I'm expecting no response from this team tomorrow night is disturbing to me.

I've never played professional hockey, but I'd have to think that knowing that your team has your back and can take on the other team if push comes to shove would definitely increase your confidence and swagger.

How would it not feel better for Panarin to know that if he gets touched it's on, or if you hang over our goalie your getting hit hard next shift.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Something is so wrong with this organization if we dress Reunanen over Geertsen for that game.

I'm not advocating for Jody Shelley to play 82 games a year, but it might be a good idea to have 2-3 guys in the AHL that can be called up just incase. Maybe a 13th forward or 7th defenseman that can throw them if necessary.

They shrank against Boston and NYI. Now they'll probably continue to shrink against Washington.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I'm not in the "sign a guy just because he's tough" group, but anyone that doesn't see that this team has a glaring hole is missing something. Isles, Caps, and Bruins are all teams that are hard to play against. This team needs some of that north-south play and toughness. I can only imagine what Wilson would do over a 7 game series with no retribution. Martin/Clutterbuck would grind the hell out of our defense. They also set a tone - that's why they start every game. This team needs to get harder to play against. It was evident last year against the Canes and it was evident the last month or so down the stretch. This team has been way too vanilla since before the rebuild and now after.

I find it a little interesting from Gorton - whose mostly done a really nice job thus far - seeing as he's from the Boston organization.
This is a big problem, and it’s not going to get easier. All these teams are replenishing their ranks with Trent Frederic, studnicka, Beecher, Hathaway, Etc em we don’t have that our system

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->