Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXI: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If anything the Rangers are trendsetters with their public letters
Yet what purpose does it serve? To make the fans feel better?

Do they expect the teams trading stuff to give them more because they sent out a rebuilding letter, or some other team to trade for ADA by saying what they did, or in this case for the NHL to change their decision? I just don't see how this sort of stuff is advantageous to them.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

That’s pretty strong stuff coming from a team. Big fine incoming.

Can’t ever remember seeing an official team statement worded that strongly.

Sending quite the message to the league with this.

We’re soft and there’s nothing you are going to do to protect us.

Just go out tomorrow night like gang busters and win the damn game for Panarin. Every Rangers players owes him the best effort they have ever put forward.

Quite ironic that despite the actual standing being meaningless for the NYR this will be the most important game all season for this club. Maybe the most important game since the rebuild started.

Tom W

Apr 8, 2021
He does. Cost is really the determinant. He can probably get 3M on the market. Maybe not with flat cap. If we could get him at 2.25 I’d say yes for sure. Even a bit more is steep but potentially worth it. But one useful player in his ilk is a start, not a solution. Team identity needs a shake. We need 2-3 guys like that.
Has he ever won a fight?

Tom W

Apr 8, 2021
What? He had a KO win a few weeks ago. Handled Matt Martin pretty well in the bubble. Wouldn’t be a bad add for the right price.
KO ?? LMAO he hit him with a good shot, didnt KO him LOL.. And as for Martin he lost to him

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Goodrow makes some sense, depending on contract, just like very other viable option for any position. No idea what the Rangers think, to me there would always be a threshold that is not to be crossed, and if above looking at other options has to be the way even if those other options take more time to facilitate or are less imperfect.

Tom W

Apr 8, 2021
I don’t know. As far as I know Barclay Goodrow isn’t a big tough player. Just hard nosed, high motor guy you win with. Guy threw 103 hits in 25 playoff games last year getting 11 minutes a game.
Fair point, If we are talking hard nose players im in. But needing someone to drop gloves not sold. Very willing thats for sure better then anything we have. Selection is limited thats for sure.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Crouse
Bennett
Fischer
Dube
Jenner
M. Foligno
Hartman
Armia
Goodrow
Coleman
Copp
Lowry

Those are the type of guys I’m wanting to add 2 of. Not those guys specifically but that’s the target.

Should’ve pulled the trigger on the Bennett deal.
Foligno is getting older but I like the idea.
Missed the boat on Lowry. He signed.

Keegan Kolesar would be a nice fit. Young RFA with Vegas. Power forward type who is an above average scrapper and doesn’t hesitate at all when players take liberties.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Trading a small piece for Kurtis MacDermid in LA as a 7/8 D to be put in as seen fit is one small option. 875.000 cap hit signed for one more year. There was interest there I know before. Reaves is a no brainer. Hajek plus a small add should do it. A couple guys that have been mentioned already on the bottom 6 could also be good. If they play hockey too.
Or go big game and try to get one of the Tkachuks for the top 6. Because, some changes are coming to better balance out the team. This was evident before Wilson had his ever recurring insanity attack. That bs he pulled in his garb in the PB was so low it should warrant an extra 10 games at least. For poor taste

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
Sending quite the message to the league with this.

We’re soft and there’s nothing you are going to do to protect us.

Just go out tomorrow night like gang busters and win the damn game for Panarin. Every Rangers players owes him the best effort they have ever put forward.

Quite ironic that despite the actual standing being meaningless for the NYR this will be the most important game all season for this club. Maybe the most important game since the rebuild started.

That’s a hell of a statement. Now take Backstrom/Carlson out for the playoffs. Make it hurt if the NHL won’t.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
3 years ago the Rangers issued a public announcement to the fans. Like an open book they officially poured their heart out on paper or social media and promised to strip it down and rebuild it from the ground up.

Their action plan was to draft, develop, and add players that were Fast, Physical, and Relentless.

3 years later here’s the results.

1. They demoted their fastest player
2. They traded their most physical player
3. They canceled their most Relentless player

What’s next?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Are either of the Tkachuks actually available or is this just people wishful thinking?

I just looked at Matthews contract and I had no idea he was making 7 million per

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
3 years ago the Rangers issued a public announcement to the fans. Like an open book they officially poured their heart out on paper or social media and promised to strip it down and rebuild it from the ground up.

Their action plan was to draft, develop, and add players that were Fast, Physical, and Relentless.

3 years later here’s the results.

1. They demoted their fastest player
2. They traded their most physical player
3. They canceled their most Relentless player

What’s next?

1. Who is this?
2. He wasn't doing anything.
3. He cancelled himself.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wish we still had a healthy McQuaid at this point. I really enjoyed him in his short stretch ‘here’.
Though ideally we develop or at least find a young forward who can play and play tough.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Are either of the Tkachuks actually available or is this just people wishful thinking?

I just looked at Matthews contract and I had no idea he was making 7 million per

neither are available unless they make crazy contract demands/demand a trade so i'm assuming that people are using them as examples of type of players they want to add that add the toughness and grit while also bringing skill that can play in your top 6

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Ottawa is practically building around Brady so not him, but I thought there were some articles and stuff about Matthew potentially being available?

Reactions: BBKers

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

Probably not. Get Lindholm and Lucic instead. Taking Lucic should lower Lindholm's trading price, and bring the team an element that is needed in the bottom 6.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad