Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXXI: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Until such time that they change the "profile" of the guys they target via any method of player acquisition, what we have is what we will have.

Trouba, Lindgren, Cuylle is not enough.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Caps running out of patience with Kuznetsov per Friedman. That'd be a wild get in the off season.

Reactions: pld459666

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Why was Quinn rushing to tell media that Panarin was fine and then that it was a lower body thing? Did he care more about his own position and the risk of being blamed for leading a weak team that never will respond to anything than he cared about his team’s interests? Normally teams don’t rush to declare that their player is fine in these situations. You don’t know when concussion symptoms will come.

It’s like when Quinn rushed to tell reporters that he would spill the beans on DeAngelos antics when he was picked of waivers. Sure that helped the odds of that happening.

Huge deal? Of course not. But it’s always the same. He takes liberties at the expense of everyone around him including the team because he is insecure. There are many many examples of this. That won’t sit well with the players.
Just maybe he's protecting an elite player and it's a shoulder thing? More logical, no?

"Get the word out, we don't like the little shit, either." Given the actual subject....

No clue... I mean, you chat with the guy, or? I've heard him do NOTHING BUT praise everyone (even least praiseworthy).

It's no worth it to pretend he's part of the problem anymore.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Haven't read all the posts regarding the Fluffers I mean Rangers loss last night, but did you guys see the Capital player standing over Igor after he froze the puck and subsequent whistle? Don't recall who the Cap player was but he loomed over Shesty for like 5 secs as Miller skated away without a second glance at the obvious doooosh tactic.

My first ice hockey camp we were taught by Dennis Potvin and Bobby Nystrom that that was an absolute No-No. Billy Smith was there too. Not gonna write here what he said.

Generational gap may not support such vitriol lol.
I saw that too. Wouldn’t let Igor move. It wasn’t overly aggressive but that guy gets removed from the crease by any other team.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Why was Quinn rushing to tell media that Panarin was fine and then that it was a lower body thing? Did he care more about his own position and the risk of being blamed for leading a weak team that never will respond to anything than he cared about his team’s interests? Normally teams don’t rush to declare that their player is fine in these situations. You don’t know when concussion symptoms will come.

It’s like when Quinn rushed to tell reporters that he would spill the beans on DeAngelos antics when he was picked of waivers. Sure that helped the odds of that happening.

Huge deal? Of course not. But it’s always the same. He takes liberties at the expense of everyone around him including the team because he is insecure. There are many many examples of this. That won’t sit well with the players.

He doesn't strike me as a good communicator, which is kind of a significant flaw for a head coach. If you watch those "Film Room" segments he has done and contrast it with something like...Jack Han's article on Fox....it isn't really a flattering comparison for Quinn. Thinking of all those quotes through the year where all you get are platitudes about "intentions" and "East-West" that often lack specifics.

Maybe that's his approach in front of the media and it's a different story behind closed doors. If I'm being generous maybe it's a gamesmanship thing. But then you have that quote about the DeAngelo...the "haven't discussed in depth what the plan is" with Kravtsov when he had been there over the week...and I'm not sure it's gamesmanship.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
@Pawnee Rangers ha I need a hobby because I wanted the team to respond to their star player getting body slammed head first?

More pathetic soft mentality. Some of this fan base is as bad as this team and coach. It makes sense. Soft breeds soft. Losing breeds losing.

Did I say send out Fox or Kravtsov or Kakko? Like can you be more out of touch and lame about this? They had 17 other skaters. Smith. Blackwell. Rooney. Thats what these guys are for. Even Gauthier. Go stick up for yourselves. Stop being so pathetic. You got bullied by the Islanders twice and then the Caps. Its unacceptable.

Go listen to what Rupp is saying on SiriusXM. Anyone can step up and respond. Its a team mentality. Go after Backstrom. Go after Carlson. Finish every check. Hit everything and everyone. Crash the net.

They coasted the rest of that game.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I've never played professional hockey, but I'd have to think that knowing that your team has your back and can take on the other team if push comes to shove would definitely increase your confidence and swagger.

How would it not feel better for Panarin to know that if he gets touched it's on, or if you hang over our goalie your getting hit hard next shift.
It is HUGE factor knowing some body has your back...HUGE !!! If there is no is isolation required then sign & call up both Gallant brothers from the AHL ....Alex and Brett for the next 3 games . Who cares if we lose the games....they will hold their own against Wilson....they are pure goons ready to be hired . Brett lost his job to Ross the Boss on Long Island ......just 3 games LOL.....add some havoc and sign a couple for next year that can skate some and fight some for short term until we have some farm kids ready that will play big for us .....nobody wants a goon for 10 years that can't play. Just set the tone for next year.....a trial run of sorts .

Reactions: Barnaby

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
@Pawnee Rangers ha I need a hobby because I wanted the team to respond to their star player getting body slammed head first?

More pathetic soft mentality. Some of this fan base is as bad as this team and coach. It makes sense. Soft breeds soft. Losing breeds losing.

Did I say send out Fox or Kravtsov or Kakko? Like can you be more out of touch and lame about this? They had 17 other skaters. Smith. Blackwell. Rooney. Thats what these guys are for. Even Gauthier. Go stick up for yourselves. Stop being so pathetic. You got bullied by the Islanders twice and then the Caps. Its unacceptable.

Go listen to what Rupp is saying on SiriusXM. Anyone can step up and respond. Its a team mentality. Go after Backstrom. Go after Carlson. Finish every check. Hit everything and everyone. Crash the net.

They coasted the rest of that game.

Not one of the guys you've mentioned outside of maybe Smith is remotely equipped to take on Wilson. Yet I'm the lame and delusional one. Got it.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Not one of the guys you've mentioned outside of maybe Smith is remotely equipped to take on Wilson. Yet I'm the lame and delusional one. Got it.
Who cares if they are equipped or not? Thats, again, pathetic. Its not about “winning” a fight, its about having some balls, having a PULSE, and responding to your star player getting dangerously body slammed to the ice and then sat on. Like I said, some of this fan base is just as soft as the team. Its likely many never played this sport or any other competitively beyond the age of 10. Wilson was back out there in the 3rd and no one went near him. Blackwell was the only one and quite frankly Wilson was a little bit off balance when he hit him making it look more impactful. They shouldve been hitting him every chance they could. They shoulve been hitting Backstrom every chance they could. Have some f***ing self respect. Starts from the coach down. Season is over, go out and make a statement.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Haven't read all the posts regarding the Fluffers I mean Rangers loss last night, but did you guys see the Capital player standing over Igor after he froze the puck and subsequent whistle? Don't recall who the Cap player was but he loomed over Shesty for like 5 secs as Miller skated away without a second glance at the obvious doooosh tactic.

My first ice hockey camp we were taught by Dennis Potvin and Bobby Nystrom that that was an absolute No-No. Billy Smith was there too. Not gonna write here what he said.

Generational gap may not support such vitriol lol.
I don’t think a player’s lower body would leave in one piece if Billy Smith was in net. He’d use his stick like a whip. Players were scared to go near him.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

The Statements from the New York Rangers might make a good epistolary novel

LMAO.....the fine they will receive would have covered the pro rated money they would have to pay for the two Gallant brothers/yes PURE GOONS from the AHL....those two boys would love to be on the same NHL club for 3 games......we sure missed out on a real treat......think Sutter like MAYHEM !!! They would have had one whack of fun......and they actually LOVE to fight ....they really do !!! Oh well.....I wonder who Wilson targets on Wednesday night ...Fox ? Kravs ? Jones ? Lafreniere ?

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Hopefully the latter. The Flames are interesting. They have 4 defenseman that I would assume they would like to protect, might be 5 if Valimaki has to be protected. Maybe they would be willing to trade a guy like Giordano who only has 1-year left and could be a good stopgap on the left side for the Rangers.
Just read a story about the Flames and this issue. They are in a jam. Either a deal with Seattle or role the dice on Giordano. For one year, I’d be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad