Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXXX: MOAR sandpaper, guts & glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
In with the new,

Fox - point man
Panarin - left dot
KAM - right dot
Laf - bumper
Kakko - net front

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
The Rangers are on track for another top pick in the draft. 11 points at the 1/4 pole of the season.

The team looks awful. Panarin was brilliant last season and he covered up the flaws. Mika was terrific last season.

31 Thoughts: Tavares, Gagner blazing a trail in minor hockey involvement

There will be under-18 WJC held in Plano, Texas in April.

Invite all of the prospects to play in the draft camp/scouting combine scrimmages/games. The NFL has the Senior Bowl and the NBA has various scouting combines. I read MLB is considering holding a showcase tournament for the top players in the 2021 draft. The NHL scouts want the NHL to do something similar.

It would be nice if they could do a draft eligible tournament. They could even take the time to get a bubble in place if need be. Multiple teams of all draft eligible w

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
To that end, how's everyone liking our PP with DeAngelo QBing it?
I don't really care because the guy was given a last chance and he f***ing blew it. I'm not going to go backwards and give this guy a pass now and effectively undermine any potential disciplinary conversations that the organization has with any other player in the future (especially critical bc this is such a young team) because they're going to know that it was all empty threats with ADA. The guy shot himself in the foot it's over. The team was awful when he was still playing with them this year and it's been awful since he's left. ADA's absence is not why this team is struggling

Last edited:

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I don't really care because the guy was given a last chance and he f***ing blew it. I'm not going to go backwards and give this guy a pass now and undermine any potential discipline conversations that the organization has with any other player in the future because they're going to know that it was all empty threats with ADA. The guy shot himself in the foot it's over. The team was awful when he was still playing with them this year and it's been awful since he's left. ADA's absence is not why this team is struggling
If the team's success going forward doesn't hinge on DeAngelo's absence, then neither does Fox's success going forward hinge on Trouba's absence.

Reactions: pld459666

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If the team's success going forward doesn't hinge on DeAngelo's absence, then neither does Fox's success going forward hinge on Trouba's absence.
That's ridiculous statement and comparison, because it's inherently based on giving ADA a pass. You're comparing a guy who was injured playing hockey to a guy who was told he had his last chance with the organization and then went out and did something idiotic and he organization followed through on what they said to him.

You need to be able to move on already. It's over, let go, it's not going to hurt you too much if you actually get some closure and move on

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Danault should be the #1 choice.
RNH would be too expensive for too long...but maybe he would take a 1-yr Hall deal?

I wouldn't be surprised if Anaheim took a hard run at him. They are very familiar, need a Vet center to cushion Zegras and RNH isn't too old yet. Im not sure RNH is type of player getting into a bidding war for. If we hang on to Zibby I'm more inclined to find a Type A personality one way or another as my other t6 pivot.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I'd like to believe that there is ice-cold long-term economic thinking in the front office. That they want to cash in on those 1sts. Maybe tank next year too.

Quinn got a 5 year contract. We are in year three. He won't be fired this season and if the FO is in fact thinking long-term, we'll enjoy this next year too.

How many more injuries until we see Tarmo?

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
We all know Reunanen or however you spell his name should get a call up since basically the season is over but you know damn well Quinn and management are gonna give the “veterans like Smith and Johnson give us our best chance to win every night” speech. You know and I know, they’ll give some of the kids who are on the fringe a chance after they get eliminated from playoff contention with 2 weeks left in the season.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
That's ridiculous statement and comparison, because it's inherently based on giving ADA a pass. You're comparing a guy who was injured playing hockey to a guy who was told he had his last chance with the organization and then went out and did something idiotic and he organization followed through on what they said to him.

You need to be able to move on already. It's over, let go, it's not going to hurt you too much if you actually get some closure and move on
I'm saying the team is probably going to continue sucking as a whole with or without Trouba. If Fox struggles, its not some litmus test that Trouba is all that's holding together, as you've suggested.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm saying the team is probably going to continue sucking as a whole with or without Trouba. If Fox struggles, its not some litmus test that Trouba is all that's holding together, as you've suggested.
That's not what you did. You literally compared trouba's absence to ADA's absence.

My other comment was stating that trouba's value to this team is to eat up 5v5 time and pk time on tough matchups and with him out fox is likely to get run down trying to cover everything including pk time after Quinn specifically said the team was trying to get fox off the pk to save mins for him at 5v5 and pp.

The two situations are not comparatives...

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The bright spot in all of this, we can potentially sign Shesty and Chytil to good value 4-5 year contracts.

Reactions: OthmannOut

JayAB81

Oct 18, 2020
We all know Reunanen or however you spell his name should get a call up since basically the season is over but you know damn well Quinn and management are gonna give the “veterans like Smith and Johnson give us our best chance to win every night” speech. You know and I know, they’ll give some of the kids who are on the fringe a chance after they get eliminated from playoff contention with 2 weeks left in the season.
Agreed, we should call up Tarmo Reunanen, don't have much to lose.

Miller - Trouba
Lindgren - Fox
Reunanen - Hajek or Bitetto

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
And whoever is on it. Keep it simple.shoot it on net screen the goalie crash the net for a rebound.
that's been the crux of the offense.

If they could actually shoot and not pass up high quality chances. It'd be nice.
If they could actually crash the middle of the ice and net... That'd be nice.

It's a new advanced style of hockey I heard about.... Allegedly, its easier to score doing these things

Reactions: Cag29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad